Forums

Basketball

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ericster
23 Jun 21 12:11
| Topic/replies: 4,295 | Blogger: ericster's blog
I can't be the only stay-at-home old-fogie.
I'm climbing the walls here.
Serious suggestions please.

Please don't tell me to go out.
Go out?
To where?
To do what exactly?

CrazyCrazyCrazyCrazyCrazy
Pause Switch to Standard View from basket[ball] to basket-[case],
Show More
Report boxingthefox June 23, 2021 4:03 PM BST
Answers on the back of a stamp!. eric, I think we are all muddling through in our own way, but would love to be proved wrong.

I have had a 'lockdown' buddy, my ex!. She has been observing the lockdown to the letter. I spent 3 months in my old house this year and enjoyed the massive garden, and open the back gate hey presto a river. I have enjoyed many a great walk along it, feeding ducks and swans as I went. I consider myself very lucky.
Report ericster June 23, 2021 5:58 PM BST
Yeah, you're probably right btf.
With your ex.
I'm impressed, really!
It would be nice to jump on a bus and have a wander.
I go out at 6.30 in the morning to do the shopping, I get to the shops, Co-op or Aldi, as they open, and that's it.
I suppose we've all got to get on with it eh?
Shall feel a little bit better when this second jab has had time to work through my system.

Life eh? Plain
Report boxingthefox June 23, 2021 6:07 PM BST
Wink Had both of mine two months ago, I won't bore you with it but I was 'at risk'. so got them in good time. Good luck, eric.
Report ericster June 23, 2021 6:59 PM BST
Thanks btf.
Not at risk here, just old.
I some how slipped through the net when it came to the second, didn't get called, and so it took a while.
No cause for concern.
Report ericster June 23, 2021 7:16 PM BST
Good luck to us all btf.
Report SlippyBlue June 23, 2021 7:45 PM BST
Eric have you not thought about getting a dog? I'm biased as I've had dogs all my life and taking them for long walks is very bracing and quite therapeutic as well as an good way to keep fit.
Report ericster June 23, 2021 8:11 PM BST
Slippy,
I don't particularly like dogs, wouldn't wish a dog any harm, but they're just not for me.
Walking a dog is fine if that's what you want to do but if you're going to keep a dog properly, feeling like walking your dog, or not, it's got to be done,  too much responsibility.
Also, I hate how I can't go for walks along public country walkways that we have on my doorstep because of dog owners letting dogs run loose.

Thought about getting a push-bike but where I live, it would have to be kept indoors and I wouldn't want that. I think I could really get into bike-riding but there you go.
Report boxingthefox June 23, 2021 8:49 PM BST
Slippy,as long as it's a rescued greyhound, then fine with me. Love
Report ericster June 23, 2021 8:56 PM BST
Yeah, nice thought btf.
Greyhounds do make good family dogs apparently, and they're quite territorial so you get a guard-dog as well.
Report ericster June 23, 2021 8:57 PM BST
And who'd begrudge a rescued greyhound a decent home?
Report boxingthefox June 23, 2021 9:36 PM BST
Amen to that eric. Slippy named after his fav greyhound, I'm sure he will agree with us. Happy
Report ericster July 4, 2021 4:11 PM BST
Jeez the days pass so slowly.Crazy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com