Forums

Basketball

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
brassneck
22 Jun 21 23:16
| Topic/replies: 18,060 | Blogger: brassneck's blog
Does anyone know who Bob is singing about in this song,who is he directing these words to,Bob is sure loving the revenge or karma he sings about,but WHO IS THE PERSON that he sings about.Confused
Pause Switch to Standard View like a rolling stone/bob dylan.
Show More
Report boxingthefox June 23, 2021 11:01 AM BST
'Dylan biographer Robert Shelton gave this interpretation: "A song that seems to hail the dropout life for those who can take it segues into compassion for those who have dropped out of bourgeois surroundings. 'Rolling Stone' is about the loss of innocence and the harshness of experience'.

'Dylan also used the phrase to indicate loneliness and despair: his rolling stone is "without a home, like a complete unknown." Dylan based the lyrics on a short story he had written about a debutante who becomes a loner when she falls out of high society'.

^^ just 2 of the many ideas about it.  There are so many differing takes on the lyrics, I haven't got a scooby. Saw him at earls court, if you didn't know his songs you woul dnot have learnrd them that night. Voice completely gone. Sad. Fantastic writer, one of the best, imo.
Report brassneck June 23, 2021 3:07 PM BST
its one of the best songs ever recorded .imvho.
Report boxingthefox June 23, 2021 3:37 PM BST
Spot on brass, When you posted Alan Jackson - Remember When, I knew you were a man with a varied musical taste. Must know this one....Alan Jackson - The Older I Get.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kElHR66Y3es&list=PL0nGzPblDcbSQtATMyU_G-00Dxw_o4KaF&ab_channel=AlanJacksonAlanJacksonOfficialArtistChannel
Report boxingthefox June 23, 2021 3:55 PM BST
Another great song, "Wagon Wheel" is a song co-written by Bob Dylan and Ketch Secor of Old Crow Medicine Show. Dylan recorded the chorus in 1973; Secor added verses 25 years later. Old Crow Medicine Show's final version was certified Platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America in April 2013.

This was played by every live act, (of which there were many), on my road trip 3 years ogo, to Nashville, Memphis, New Orleans. This has been played relentlessly as a summer anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvKyBcCDOB4

You may of course already know it. Wink
Report brassneck June 23, 2021 10:52 PM BST
bobs notes (loads of pages) on" like a rolling stone "fetched 2 million at auction a few weeks back."
i am surprised that the music industry have not nailed it down to one individual as to who he is singing about.he gives loads of clues in the song and to me it sounds like some chick who cheated on him who was very famous.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com