Forums

World Cup 2014

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
bagelish_ian
09 Jun 14 13:49
| Topic/replies: 23 | Blogger: bagelish_ian's blog
Brazil v Croatia

Brazil - 1.34
Draw - 5.5
Croatia - 13

The opening game is always a ripper, France V Senegal in 2002 0-1, Germany v Costa Rica in 2006 4-2, and the best of them was South Africa v Mexico, 1-1 in 2010.
Players often perform with huge amounts of adrenaline. I'm gonna back Croatia in this game, imagine the pressure in the Brazilians, they where **** their pants in that friendly against Serbia the other day. wouldn't be surprised if this is a 5 goal game (3-2)

Ivory Coast V Japan
Ivory Coast - 2.7
Japan - 3.1
Draw - 3.2

I don't know what to do in this game (your thoughts??) I'm leaning a little to Japan in this. Could be game of the tournament.

I've backed both to win the tournament, thinking one of these could get to a Semi Final, trade out then.

Chile v Australia

Chile - 1.48
Draw - 4.5
Australia - 9.4

Australia are the best bet of the opening round of matches.  could be able to get 10's within an hour of the start when all the desperados wanna back the Chileans at 1:35
Watching the "socceroos" in their warm up match against Croatia, they look alright, and I don't think they need to treat chile with all much respect.
Chile will go into this match desperate to get 3 points in their first game given their other two games are against Netherlands and Spain. They will be vulnerable to the counter attack with Leckie and Oar running at their fullbacks and Cahill, the best header in this generation waiting for crosses. Think I could see the Aussies going 1-nil up at half time,

This will be the best trading game of the opening round

I also United States and Honduras could provide great trading opportunities in all their games   

You guys got and trading value??
Pause Switch to Standard View Best Trading - Opening Games
Show More
Report Crisp77 June 9, 2014 2:16 PM BST
My bets for the opening round are:

Back Mexico 2.32
Lay Italy 2.78
Lay Nigeria 2.30
Lay Germany 2.24
Back Russia 2.38

This is the best value I have found looking at an average of the FIFA and ELO World Rankings (although I agree they are not ideal they are a decent guide).

* BACK Mexico are 38 places above Cameroon and have 43% chance (this for example I feel is better value than Chile who are 36 places above Australia and a 68% chance.

* LAY Italy who are 2 places below England and a 36% chance

* LAY Nigeria who are 2 places above Iran and a 43% chance.

* LAY Germany who are 3 places above Portugal and a 45% chance.

* BACK Russia who are 33 places above South Korea and a 42% chance.

Next best of the other lays to look at are Spain and Chile Cool
Report Crisp77 June 9, 2014 2:25 PM BST
Sorry that should be Spain and Colombia.Cool
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com