Forums

World Cup 2014

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
JC1326
05 May 14 19:46
| Topic/replies: 9,925 | Blogger: JC1326's blog
Italy 29, England 32, Holland/Colombia 38, Chile 48, there are some decent ones. I think Holland and Chile could both go through but that would obviously mean Spain not, which is a big ask. I think I'll take England in the end, mainly as I think they'll get through the group, and if they can win the next game, their odds should plummet.
Pause Switch to Standard View Who is your long shot to trade?
Show More
Report prepared83 May 5, 2014 8:20 PM BST
Good thread, chile for me at the moment pal
Report kincsem May 6, 2014 12:22 PM BST
Ghana
Report the_don May 6, 2014 1:47 PM BST
Switzerland and Portugal.
Report Poppydog. May 6, 2014 2:57 PM BST
Plenty on Switzerland from 300s to 410

Discussed their insane price on the football forum at length last year

Think it was on one of those numerous 'knowing' threads that Belguim are dark horses
and to get on them, having hearing it here first
Report JC1326 May 6, 2014 3:10 PM BST
problem is, Switzerland are pish Laugh I would be worried about Ecuador, that seem a decent side. France will go through, I reckon.

thing with Chile is a lot of people are talking them up, and with it being in South America, it may help them. Van Gaal's stock is obviously high now, which makes me think Holland can do it too. Colombia look high. I just wonder about Falcao. I know some people think they'll do well without him, but I think they could have a problem. and you have to wonder if he'll be fit if he does play
Report Si-K May 6, 2014 6:13 PM BST
Bosnia and geregogozonoviqiaa
Report JC1326 May 6, 2014 7:29 PM BST
I'd expect Bosnia to get out of their group, probably, but not go any further when they come up against a decent side. I think they're pretty much Dzeko, Ibvesic and Pjanic and then a bunch of other mugs making up the side, but you never know.
Report JC1326 May 6, 2014 7:30 PM BST
although fair play to them in the qualifying, they can always be relied upon to dispatch mug teams
Report RockMonkey May 7, 2014 5:02 PM BST
Was Russia but they have just about doubled in price since I originally backed them which isn't quite the idea!
Report kevinglass May 7, 2014 7:35 PM BST
Brazil.

3/1 will look very good very soon.
Report Darlo Bantam May 8, 2014 1:12 AM BST

May 7, 2014 -- 11:02AM, RockMonkey wrote:

Was Russia but they have just about doubled in price since I originally backed them which isn't quite the idea!

Russia started drifting when there were suggestions they might be blocked from competing because of the Ukraine business.

Report JC1326 May 8, 2014 4:41 PM BST
surely the fact Capello is in charge is enough reason for them to drift?
Report San Quentin May 8, 2014 5:52 PM BST
Drifting because they have very little chance
Report thehoffisback May 8, 2014 7:59 PM BST
Ah see ze dutch play sze shexy futbol

And sze girls like sze cocaine also

GrinGrinGrin
Report Charlton2005 May 8, 2014 8:03 PM BST
ivory coast
Report Poppydog. May 11, 2014 1:13 AM BST
You may think Switzerland are pish, but 300s to 400s seemed like a good price
They are still 10x the price of Belgium and England, however:

- Top Group Seeded Team

- Qualified for the 2014 World Cup with a game to spare
- Qualified for the 2014 World Cup unbeaten
- Qualified for the 2014 World with 7 clean sheets from 10 matches

- 2007 - Under-17 World Cup WINNERS (7 years ago)
- 2011 - Under-21 Euro FINALISTS (3 years ago) (reached final winning every game and not conceding a goal)

- Beat the eventual Champions (Spain) in the last World Cup (2010)
- Ended Brazil's 11 game unbeaten run, by outplaying them and winning 1-0 last year.
- Put FIVE past Germany the year before, who were at the time Euros favourites.

- Top manager in Ottmar Hitzfeld (2 clubs to European Cup wins)
Report Poppydog. May 11, 2014 1:18 AM BST
*** - 2009 - Under-17 World Cup WINNERS (5 years ago)
Report Poppydog. May 11, 2014 1:37 AM BST
.... plus their flag is a huge plus
Report the_don May 11, 2014 6:07 PM BST
Switzerland are very underrated in stark contrast to group favourites France. Look at those stats and things like player reliability, squad unity etc and decide who out of the two is more likely to win the group and probably avoid Argentina.
Report G1_Jockey_4 May 12, 2014 12:39 PM BST
switzerland because half their squad have been in world cup cruise control for their clubs.

half the czech side used to do this beofre big tournies too
Report Outpost May 12, 2014 7:27 PM BST
MEXICO  at 160/1

JAPAN  at  200/1
Report metaphor May 13, 2014 1:31 PM BST
i like holland 38 and uruguay 30 - those odds look big to me
Report ieff7 May 14, 2014 10:23 PM BST
Portugal , England
Report no chances taken May 15, 2014 1:23 PM BST
no ones mentioned Croatia.

best midfield in the tournament and 220s.
Report marychain1 May 15, 2014 7:21 PM BST
I wouldn't be surprised if Croatia finish bottom of group A. Games in two of the most hot and humid locations in Brazil (in Manaus against Cameroon and Recife against Mexico) follow an opener against Brazil. If they do get through they will go out in the second round cos they'll play Spain or Chile or Holland.
Report jed.davison May 16, 2014 12:27 AM BST
Japan (NAP)
Report iprefertolay May 16, 2014 10:13 PM BST
lay England
Report wisewords May 17, 2014 1:47 AM BST
Chile.
Report therhino May 17, 2014 6:49 AM BST
Chile for me but several good shouts here. I also think Chile are insane value as a favourite in their opener against the Aussies. I'm an Aussie, know our team well, and we will get annihilated by Chile. 1.5 for the win? Please. 2.3 for HT/FT? Please. They should be about 1.15 for the win. We are rubbish, coach has picked a team half full of local talent to use as a prep for the 2014 Asian Cup which we are hosting. No chance we park the bus and play for nil-nil. Verbeek did that against Germany at the last WC and we lost 4-0, and he was crucified for being un-Australian (fancy a dutch manager being un-Australian Crazy) But this coach is a great local coach who made his name playing a very attacking brand of football. It's what he believes in, and since we have the hardest draw imaginable he will encourage them to die trying. Better to lose 5-0 attacking than 3-0 parking the bus.

Chile, in just about all markets against the Aussies are INSANE value.
Report Darlo Bantam May 17, 2014 1:06 PM BST
Wow. Chile 1.5 versus Australia has to be the best value on a match odds market I've ever seen.
Report JC1326 May 17, 2014 1:34 PM BST
Oz are that bad? I haven't looked at 'em but would have assumed they'd put up a fight. plus Chile are one of those typical sides that disappoint when they are favourites. though I do remember they played Honduras off the park in the last WC, albeit winning 1-0
Report therhino May 17, 2014 8:41 PM BST
It's a scrappers team JC. No creativity, no flair, and really lacking in speed. They will put in an honest performance no doubt but simply will not have the talent to compete in that group.
Report Darlo Bantam May 17, 2014 8:43 PM BST
Chile beat England on merit last year. I massively doubt you'd see England that long a price against Oz, and Chile will probably have some assistance from South American conditions.
Report therhino May 17, 2014 8:55 PM BST
Not sure about that Darlo. England are rubbish. Think we would actually match up quite well with England as they have no flair or creativity either. Would be a real scrap that match up, anything could happen.
Report Kerrygold May 17, 2014 10:00 PM BST
well Chile never play well when they are favs - they should smash aussies like 5-0 0r 6-0 however there are far too many people fancying this chile team-they have to wait on their number 1 player who is resting from surgery...im steering well clear of them...

also too many people fancying Japan...im not sure about them even though they look to have everything in their favour...although i bet them 1st game pk2.17 and to win oceenaic group with iran/aussie/korea at plus money like 2 months ago
Report Unique19 May 18, 2014 1:36 PM BST
"Not sure about that Darlo. England are rubbish. Think we would actually match up quite well with England as they have no flair or creativity either. Would be a real scrap that match up, anything could happen. "

What a mug lol.

Granted England aren't the best side in the world by any means but they'd wipe the floor against those Australian part timers.
Report therhino May 18, 2014 8:36 PM BST
What a mug lol

Would prob beat Australia yes, wipe the floor I don't think so. The English just aren't that good to be wiping the floor with any country playing in the World Cup. I believe you are the mug who you believe anything different.
Report JC1326 May 18, 2014 8:54 PM BST
remember when the only way we could get a goal against Trindad was by Peter Crouch tugging that dudes ponytail? Laugh

I agree that we probably wouldn't win 5-0, but it would be a comfortable 2-0 or such, therhino. it would be a scrap if you were playing Iran or such, with every respect
Report Darlo Bantam May 18, 2014 9:02 PM BST
I used a free bet on the T&T match. I didn't realise you didn't get the stake back again, so walked away with about £4 all for pretty much nothing.
Report therhino May 18, 2014 9:20 PM BST
No probs JC, 2-0 would sound about right to me too.
Report bagelish_ian June 1, 2014 2:39 PM BST
I like Nigeria at 270, Mexico at 220 & Japan at 170
Report Stringer June 1, 2014 3:09 PM BST
I'd expect Bosnia to get out of their group, probably, but not go any further when they come up against a decent side. I think they're pretty much Dzeko, Ibvesic and Pjanic and then a bunch of other mugs making up the side, but you never know.

Sorry but I have to correct you

those "other mugs" include Misimovic (Bundesliga champion and all time assists in one season in germany), Lulic (consistantly one of the best players in Serie A last few seasons) and Spahic (One of bundesligas best defenders last season)

hope this helps
Report hello :-) June 1, 2014 3:12 PM BST
Laugh
Report ieff7 June 9, 2014 11:34 PM BST
Ivory Coast have the stars to make it to the semi at least
Report hello :-) June 9, 2014 11:46 PM BST
Russia can be a very hard team to beat and have a great coach but Ghana could surprise a good few by sending Germany or Portugal home

Already come out their group in two out of two world cups sending Serbia , and a dcent czech side home
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com