Forums

U.S. Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
jamee1
18 Feb 21 20:37
| Topic/replies: 1,021 | Blogger: jamee1's blog
Only Turf Paradise still running today but an interesting first couple of races. R1 the commentator called the wrong horse as winner in a photo finish, and R2 over £700 was traded at 1.01 quite early in the stretch on a leader who was then beaten into 2nd.
Pause Switch to Standard View Turf Paradise tonight
Show More
Report swiftynifty February 18, 2021 9:16 PM GMT
The first race was interesting. The 2nd was called the winner yet the actual winner was still being backed to no offers after the race had finished for a few seconds. Is the betfair video so delayed that someone had a chance to freeze frame the finish and still bet?
Report jamee1 February 18, 2021 9:39 PM GMT
I thought the 4 was the clear winner myself as I was watching live and I wasn't surprised to see it backed to no offers. He was a good head in front a few yards out and it was only on the replay and photo that I saw how close it actually was on the line. Only noticed that the announcer called the wrong winner when I watched the replay.
Report wisewords February 18, 2021 9:40 PM GMT
Brockmire was backed down to around 1.11 inplay but it looked obvious to the naked eye that the #4 had won
Report swiftynifty February 18, 2021 9:46 PM GMT
I know commentators make mistakes but for someone in the UK to back a horse down to nothing from video , against the opinion of an on-course commentator who is probably sitting adjacent to the winning line is suspicious in my eyes.
Report wisewords February 18, 2021 9:48 PM GMT
swift, some traders will take the word of the commentator and it will pay off at times and burn them at times. other traders will go on their own eye, and this will sometimes pay off and sometimes burn them when they realise the camera angle is slightly off. it's swings and roundabouts
Report swiftynifty February 18, 2021 9:51 PM GMT
wisewords, fair enough, I only really use the commentator for back up, although sometimes sub-consciously I can be influenced, it's hard not to be when they are adamant! There are plenty of ricks Stateside.
Report wisewords February 18, 2021 9:52 PM GMT
this was a 1 furlong race also. not many of those available inplay on the BF exchange. sometimes a huge mess happens with them as some of the technology can't decipher the winning horse quick enough in a close finish
Report wisewords February 18, 2021 10:02 PM GMT
so on a different night the finish would have been even closer, the guesser would have been wrong and the trackside caller correct, which results in huge market carnage. saw it with the Remington Park 1f and 2f races alot
Report swiftynifty February 18, 2021 10:07 PM GMT
wisewords, some of the technology can't decipher the winning horse quick enough so are you implying people are using technology to determine the winner whilst the in-play market is still active?
Report wisewords February 18, 2021 10:34 PM GMT
yeah while the race is actually happening. positional tracking. pretty sure of it
Report swiftynifty February 18, 2021 10:40 PM GMT
I've no idea how sophisticated that would be using video only. So it's using saddle cloth chip technology from the States and feeding that info into delayed 'live' in-play markets in the UK since you can't use Betfair in the States. Seems a bit unlikely with the weakness in the markets to make it viable financially. I'm more thinking there's faster video out there and that's the reason for the large bets out of sync with the UK video, much like with the UK horse racing (with track players, drones etc).
Report wisewords February 18, 2021 10:43 PM GMT
there very well could be. any advantage over the general market is a goldmine.
Report wisewords February 18, 2021 10:44 PM GMT
if you find some real time video source, let me know CrazyCrazyHappy
Report swiftynifty February 18, 2021 10:48 PM GMT
wisewords, it would be nice! Sadly Betfair has killed in-running on South African, Australian, French and most UK/IRE with their slower pictures than a year back. It would be a shame if US goes the same way, the liquidity is thin enough.
Report knoxville March 5, 2021 9:06 PM GMT
should be renamed favs paradise
easiest track to win money
Report knoxville March 8, 2021 8:02 PM GMT
and we are off to another easy start tonight
first fav at a nice price
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com