Forums

U.S. Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pandora1963
02 Feb 21 19:38
| Topic/replies: 22,601 | Blogger: pandora1963's blog
what actually happened to the 1 horse?
Pause Switch to Standard View race 1 turf para
Show More
Report jamee1 February 2, 2021 9:02 PM GMT
Broke down. Looked like a front leg break, but didn't watch the replay. Very sad.
Report swiftynifty February 9, 2021 11:53 PM GMT
Anyone spot any issues with market for the last at Turf Para tonight, still not settled.
Report elise February 10, 2021 9:22 AM GMT
it was settled, then unsettled and voided, i thought i had in play showing because i checked as they crossed the line, but something wasn't right because the winner was still 1.08 and everything else was pretty much available to lay, so assumed that in running had been messed up
Report elise February 10, 2021 9:24 AM GMT
the bets are showing in the voided closed market on betting history
Report swiftynifty February 10, 2021 11:03 AM GMT
It definitely went in-play and suspended on time. Someone/thing left up bets at 2.00 and 2.08 that were possibly unintended but that is their problem and it's not for Betfair to bail them out, unless of course it is Betfair themselves. It yet again exposes serious integrity issues with Betfair.
Report elise February 10, 2021 11:19 AM GMT
i thought it was in play, i looked mid race/home turn because the prices didn't reflect what i was watching, something really odd happened, maybe they were seeding it and messed up just felt completely wrong
Report swiftynifty February 10, 2021 11:33 AM GMT
The market def went in-play, I agree there was a stack of money to back the winner at around evens around 1-2f out. I think it went off around 2/1 so that's quite possible for an in-play offset. It didn't appear immediately after that BSPs had been returned so maybe an SP reconciliation ****-up occurred but that's happened before and they recalculate post-race from off-times etc. It's got the feel of a customer/bot/Betfair bot malfunction and Betfair have bailed them out by voiding.
Report jamee1 February 10, 2021 3:29 PM GMT
Hi all. Betfair have told me there was a technical problem leading to all in-play trades in this race being voided. The market did go into play and was suspended correctly, but apparently all unmatched bets for all customers were not cancelled as they should have been at the off. The information I have in my logs does support this.
Report swiftynifty February 10, 2021 5:38 PM GMT
cheers jamee1. That's the first time I've heard that excuse. Did you have any bets up that went in-play against your wishes? Imagine this happened on a UK race with maybe 1/2mill trade in-running. I'm not buying that. A Betfair bot/VIP seeder cocked-up and Betfair saved the day.
Report elise February 10, 2021 5:53 PM GMT
yeah i believe it, cross matcher screwed somehow and they were left holding the loss
Report swiftynifty February 10, 2021 5:58 PM GMT
elise, have you ever heard of this happening before?
Report jamee1 February 10, 2021 6:29 PM GMT

Feb 10, 2021 -- 11:38AM, swiftynifty wrote:

cheers jamee1. That's the first time I've heard that excuse. Did you have any bets up that went in-play against your wishes? Imagine this happened on a UK race with maybe 1/2mill trade in-running. I'm not buying that. A Betfair bot/VIP seeder cocked-up and Betfair saved the day.

Never seen this happen before. I didn't have any bets left unmatched when the market went into play but I do always capture SPs 5 secs after in-play and they were all captured at 0.0 which I've also never seen before. It does point towards some sort of system failure at off rather than anything more sinister.

Report swiftynifty February 10, 2021 6:48 PM GMT
You'd think they would have a system that highlighted such a failure instantly and they could suspend the in-play market. The fact this didn't happen nor the fact the issue wasn't identified and addressed in the hour after the race finished (when the market was finally settled with all bets honoured) but 10 hours later, raises serious suspicions with me.
OK, i agree the 0.0 you mention does seem odd.
Report Darlo Bantam February 10, 2021 11:59 PM GMT
Just came on here to check on this.

As far as I'm concerned there was nothing wrong. Took them half an hour to settle but nothing inherently wrong.
Report elise February 11, 2021 6:57 PM GMT
sorry missed the Q, i've not seen it like that exactly before, it was a cross between a failed to go in running an the voler lv incident, there was 1000 to lay on everything near enough at the end which is what made me think x matching
Report elise February 11, 2021 7:00 PM GMT
but as posted by a few, im pretty sure it was live in running, i looked at betangel with the yellow highlighted clock
Report Darlo Bantam February 11, 2021 11:31 PM GMT
And the last at Turf Paradise has ballsed up again. This time I don't think it ever went in play.
Report elise February 11, 2021 11:32 PM GMT
now call me a conspiracy theorist but it wouldn't surprise me if they've just fecked up that last at turf just to muddy the waters (never went in play)
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com