Forums

U.S. Horse Racing

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
jwracing
02 Jan 19 10:05
| Topic/replies: 312 | Blogger: jwracing's blog
Why is Santa Anita and Del Mar not on the Exchange?
Pause Switch to Standard View Santa Anita and Del Mar not on the...
Show More
Report salmon spray January 24, 2019 12:19 PM GMT
I have been betting seriously on US racing on here since 2009 and they have never had Santa Anita or Del Mar in that period (apart from the Breeders Cup meets which are run by a separate organisation which effectively leases the courses for a couple of days ). I gather at some time before 2009 Bf did offer markets on these courses. They don't do Churchill Downs,Gulfstream,Arlington or Pimlico either amongst major courses. I presume it's down to agreements/non-agreements with various rights-holders. I did think at one time the California tracks absence might be down to State legislation but you would have thought that would affect the Breeders Cup when it's held in California as well.
Wouldn't it be nice if somebody from Betfair could spend 5 mins to come on and tell us. Don't hold your breath.
Report FrankRA January 24, 2019 10:01 PM GMT
I can remember when they had Del Mar and Laurel Park on,in fact some days there were far too many tracks on,and on the old Attheraces they used to cover 6 meetings some nights ,which was far too many,as they were going off at at all times ,some early and some late and it affected the liquidity.

Now we have the complete opposite,SFA Monday-Thursday,unless you are a night owl,which I am not.

What I dont understand is that Attheraces who are sponsored by Betfair amongst other partners show Gulfstream,Mahong Valley and Laurel but none of these are covered on Betfair,its becoming a waste of time this US racing ,so much so that I now concentrate mainly on the dogs,especially the opens,and the UK jumps,I leave the rancid all weather racing to the compulsive gamblers,who cant resist the utter dross which is all weather racing.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com