Forums

Tradefair & Financials

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Gin
13 Feb 17 16:50
| Topic/replies: 4,867 | Blogger: Gin's blog
...........to explain to us why AAPL is going to go down in price and when! Laugh

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/apples-stock-propelled-into-record-territory-2017-02-13

Apple Inc.'s stock surged 1.1% into record territory in morning trade Monday, after an upbeat note from Goldman Sachs pushed the stock toward a 22-month high. The stock was changing hands at $133.55 in recent trade, which is above the Feb. 23, 2015 record close of $133.00. The all-time intraday high of $134.54 was reached on April 28, 2015. The stock's rally comes after Goldman Sachs raised its stock price target to $150 from $133, citing optimism over major features to be introduced in the new iPhones. The stock's point gain of $1.44 was adding about 10 points to the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, +0.64% which was up 100 points. The stock has now run up 10% since reporting fiscal first-quarter results after the Jan. 31 close. It has soared 23% over the past three months, while the Dow has gained 8.1%.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 6
By:
unitedbiscuits
When: 20 Feb 17 19:37
Yes Gin, Menelaus did have a blind spot over AAPL.
For all he was infuriating, he stood by his word and paid a substantial amount to the charity SANE four years ago after a spat about AAPL between him and me.
As I have been saying since June 23rd, Get all your money out of the UK.
Still not too late.
By:
bobby2424
When: 21 Mar 17 18:46
Get all your money out of the UK? and put it where? in what currency?...
By:
unitedbiscuits
When: 22 Mar 17 13:10
My preference is US Nasdaq stocks, the household names -
By:
Gin
When: 22 Mar 17 16:01
Each to their own UB (and I certainly don’t profess to be any great financial forecaster)  but if I wanted to get my money out of the UK (and for the record – I don’t), then I wouldn’t swap it for an already historically high value US Dollar and then invest it in an already historically high market like the Nasdaq.

Just my opinion............Happy
By:
Gin
When: 22 Mar 17 16:02
Assuming you are talking about at least a medium term horizon.
By:
unitedbiscuits
When: 22 Mar 17 21:06
Yes. No one knows for sure. Although, I think Menalaus had a similarly cautious view five years ago.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com