Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Diff-rent
03 Oct 16 08:40
| Topic/replies: 2,666 | Blogger: Diff-rent's blog
We all know bans have been handed out for several reasons in the sport and Maria Sharapova came as a big shock to many of us. Betting wise it can be a minefield at times.

I'd like to think the top 20 players in either the male or female game IS straight and beyond that you are really taking a chance gambling wise.
Pause Switch to Standard View How straight is Tennis ( honest views...
Show More
Report Mike-lfc October 3, 2016 9:34 AM BST
well Bencic just lost a tiebreak from 4-0 up
Report rho October 3, 2016 9:37 AM BST
It is not just that she lost. It seems she wanted to lose from that position. She stopped playing. There really are lots of bent players/parents out there and one day it might just catch up with them.
Report Diff-rent October 3, 2016 1:12 PM BST
Sorry if this sounds sexist but for me the women's game is unpredictable at times. You don't see to many men's matches where by the 1st set is 0-6 and then suddenly 6-2 6-4 for example.
Report mnbfrankel October 3, 2016 8:34 PM BST
Tennis at the Challenger, ITF and WTA is very very hard to predict and instead of complaining about it, I think its a good chance for us to win land some big shots. Imo its easier to win a 5-10 Odds bet(singles bet) in tennis than in any other sport.
Report BARNEY15C October 4, 2016 3:40 PM BST
Wouldn't trust any match involving a Russian.
Report n88uk October 4, 2016 9:18 PM BST
Very straight at tour level. Below that it gets worse, but hardly surprising when you look at the money at those levels.
Report Diff-rent October 5, 2016 9:10 AM BST
Kei Nishikori, his backers got lucky today he was trading as low as 1.03  . Best thing they ever introduced void all bets if 1st set is in complete.
Report betting_masta October 17, 2016 9:15 PM BST
top ATP matches aren't bent. at least not nowadays. but the challenger events you have to wonder as the players could make more money betting against themselves than they would receive for winning the tournament
Report betting_masta October 17, 2016 9:16 PM BST

Oct 4, 2016 -- 9:40AM, BARNEY15C wrote:

Wouldn't trust any match involving a Russian.

Davydenko 100% used to fix matches. I saw it with my own eyes and then later on there were rumblings about him. He would throw certain matches, 100%.

Report morrillo October 17, 2016 11:34 PM BST
Well since Nick Krygios has to go see a special person who will teach him how to tank properly and get away with it. Thats really telling something!!
Report Supernando2010 October 20, 2016 8:18 PM BST
i thought this thread was about sexual orientation lol
Report lauradoom October 21, 2016 2:54 PM BST
I thought at the higher lvl's it was straight until lastnight. Roberto Bautista-Agut last week he beats Dok this week moonballing up smashes for a Russian kid outside the top 200..... total BS only explanation I can come up with is that someone made a $1000 bet with an Asian bookmaker!
Report wisewords October 21, 2016 2:58 PM BST
he didn't do that for money though did he? he was just very tired. Monfils lost to Elias. Simon lost to JLS. if they're tired, they may not try their very best/give their best effort. think about it
Report wisewords October 21, 2016 3:00 PM BST
and some cynical people would say they're turning up exhausted just for their appearence fees. probably true for some of them. tanking has always happened in tennis.
Report Supernando2010 October 21, 2016 7:26 PM BST
yes it has always happened in tennis...these people are human too and the season is long...contrary to what some people might think, it is not always a setup when favorites have a bad day or simply don't feel like giving their best effort in a match.
Report Afc888 October 22, 2016 2:10 PM BST
I think people here need to recognise the difference between fixing and tanking.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com