Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DStyle
06 Jun 16 08:31
Joined:
Date Joined: 20 Jan 05
| Topic/replies: 27,270 | Blogger: DStyle's blog
Buckle up buckaroos.
Pause Switch to Standard View Grass court tennis: the andrew castle...
Show More
Loading...
Report map July 11, 2016 12:53 AM BST
when they all thought it was a done deal we staying the pound rose to an all time high
Report wisewords July 11, 2016 12:53 AM BST
pretty crazy stuff. I thought Remain would win 55%+ in May
Report map July 11, 2016 12:53 AM BST
never ever was gonna be that close
Report wisewords July 11, 2016 12:53 AM BST
then as things progressed, I realised it would be closer but still thought Remain would win by a narrow margin
Report map July 11, 2016 12:54 AM BST
people are sick of the way things are, as the referendum proved
Report map July 11, 2016 12:54 AM BST
know whats funny with this call for a 2nd referndum? they say 4mil signed for one right? sure, and? 17mil voted OUT 15mil voted REMAIN, so 4mil/15mil want a 2nd referndsum OF COURSE we cant or shouldnt
Report wisewords July 11, 2016 12:55 AM BST
British politics seems pretty broken to me, but yeah you're bang on when you say the referendum proved there's alot of discontent at the current state of British society
Report map July 11, 2016 12:55 AM BST
exactly
Report map July 11, 2016 12:56 AM BST
4mil is a lot for a petition, but thats 4mil of 15mil so its not a big deal when 17mil vote out eh
Report wisewords July 11, 2016 12:56 AM BST
yeah agree
Report map July 11, 2016 12:57 AM BST
all the remain camp were insulting leave saying they were thick, didnt know what theyre voting for, poor, lower class, uneducated - that was the tactic to try and badger people to vote remain
Report map July 11, 2016 12:58 AM BST
along with the scare tactics, oh no, you wont be able to travel..yea ok..these poor countries gonna turn us away?> is greece not going to trade with us
Report map July 11, 2016 12:58 AM BST
germany wont sell us their cars? bahaha what a load of rubbish
Report wisewords July 11, 2016 12:58 AM BST
there's more to it than leave/remain. basically British society want politicans of quality contesting for Prime Minister & Chancellor so that Britain can improve its current state
Report map July 11, 2016 12:59 AM BST
but the remain camp were insiulting and offensive, didnt you see? just slander thick
Report map July 11, 2016 12:59 AM BST
e educated vote is remain
Report wisewords July 11, 2016 12:59 AM BST
mapps is Trump going to beat Clinton?
Report map July 11, 2016 12:59 AM BST
they showed people at these protests and LOL large numbers of them looked to be foreign..british by passport, but indian, chinese etc , people not born here
Report map July 11, 2016 1:00 AM BST
nah dont think so
Report wisewords July 11, 2016 1:01 AM BST
ok so Britain voted out.. now what?
Report map July 11, 2016 1:01 AM BST
we have two years to fulkly leave
Report wisewords July 11, 2016 1:03 AM BST
yeah I heard that. I think it's terrible for Britain in the immediate short term with all this crisis and the instability in the financial markets / pound devaluation
Report wisewords July 11, 2016 1:04 AM BST
but in the long term, I think it'll be better for Britain economically. but not so sure culturally. Britain is isolatiing itself?
Report map July 11, 2016 1:04 AM BST
indeed
Report map July 11, 2016 1:04 AM BST
a month in france, zzzz you werent bored at all
Report wisewords July 11, 2016 1:05 AM BST
zzzz? not at all mapps, I loved it. following all the football, eating lovely food and visiting new places the whole time
Report wisewords July 11, 2016 1:05 AM BST
beats sitting here trading betfair Crazy
Report map July 11, 2016 1:06 AM BST
but france es muy aburrido
Report wisewords July 11, 2016 1:07 AM BST
I don't speak Spanish
Report map July 11, 2016 1:07 AM BST
very boring
Report map July 11, 2016 1:08 AM BST
is it expensive in france, prob more so due to euros
Report wisewords July 11, 2016 1:10 AM BST
yeah fairly expensive, cheaper in the very North
Report map July 11, 2016 1:11 AM BST
should come to cool europe
Report map July 11, 2016 1:11 AM BST
poland, czech
Report map July 11, 2016 1:11 AM BST
sweden
Report wisewords July 11, 2016 1:17 AM BST
Crazy
Report map July 11, 2016 1:19 AM BST
Excited
Report map July 11, 2016 1:19 AM BST
what u watching now
Report edy July 11, 2016 1:23 AM BST

Jul 10, 2016 -- 6:52PM, map wrote:


bs, scaremongering


What was leave's completely wrong picture of the undemocratic EU monster that is out to get your freedom and indepence if not scare tactics? Or them using a picture of refugees with the lone purpose of inciting fear - was that not giant scaremongering?

Report edy July 11, 2016 1:24 AM BST
What about "THE EU WILL GO DOWN!!!!! WE HAVE TO LEAVE NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!!!!!"?
Report map July 11, 2016 1:25 AM BST
edy we get it youre pro eu:)
Report edy July 11, 2016 1:26 AM BST
no, I'm legitimately curious. Already yesterday you talked about EU scaremongering. What is that stuff from leave?
Report edy July 11, 2016 1:26 AM BST
just facts?
Report map July 11, 2016 1:26 AM BST
moment im working;p
Report edy July 11, 2016 1:27 AM BST
facts like the things and promises they made a u turn on a few hours after the result was published?
Report edy July 11, 2016 1:28 AM BST
Things they coincidentally didn't know a few hours earlier to tell the voters in time
Report edy July 11, 2016 1:31 AM BST
Or hey, what about the lunatic scaremongering about Turkey joining the EU in a matter of years?
Report map July 11, 2016 1:33 AM BST
what do you mean
Report edy July 11, 2016 1:33 AM BST
Leave campaign was scaremongering around that Turkey would join the EU by 2020 or 2030. Never gonna happen and they perfectly know that
Report edy July 11, 2016 1:35 AM BST
just used it in a climate of increasing fear of muslims to incite fear and garner votes even though they knew better
Report edy July 11, 2016 1:41 AM BST
Either way, maybe I was able to show you that "project fear" wasn't just done by Cameron and Remain. I would argue leave had even more scaremongering, and completely irrational one at that, going on. That's why it has always amused me if the people who voted leave talk about a one-sided Project Fear or scaremongering from only Remain.
Report aaronh July 11, 2016 1:42 AM BST

Jul 10, 2016 -- 6:51PM, map wrote:


ww, i read a lot of papers and all the comments were pro leave in the comments sections

Report aaronh July 11, 2016 1:42 AM BST
ffs
Report edy July 11, 2016 1:43 AM BST
it also feels like leave heavily exaggerates what Cameron actually said. As if he was saying Armageddon would happen or something like that.
Report aaronh July 11, 2016 1:44 AM BST
It got to an absurd point where Cameron said all the bad people would like Brexit but most of it was based on the economy which in general never cut through to leavers
Report aaronh July 11, 2016 1:45 AM BST
Unless map is also heavily following left wingers on Twitter or also reading left leaning papers like mirror and guardian then reading too much into Twitter and comment sections is meaningless

There's a reason people say don't read the comments
Report map July 11, 2016 1:46 AM BST
sure like the exit polls and polls all the remain camped love to talk up
Report map July 11, 2016 1:46 AM BST
ring that a few thousand doesnt equal 30mil votes
Report aaronh July 11, 2016 1:46 AM BST

Jul 10, 2016 -- 6:54PM, map wrote:


know whats funny with this call for a 2nd referndum? they say 4mil signed for one right? sure, and? 17mil voted OUT 15mil voted REMAIN, so 4mil/15mil want a 2nd referndsum OF COURSE we cant or shouldnt


Fun fact

That petition was set up by a Brexiter from Telford anticipating that leave would lose Happy

Report aaronh July 11, 2016 1:47 AM BST

Jul 10, 2016 -- 7:46PM, map wrote:


sure like the exit polls and polls all the remain camped love to talk up


There was plenty in favour of leave too.

The leave.eu guy commissioned some polling of 12k people on the day I think and it came out at 52-48

Report aaronh July 11, 2016 1:48 AM BST
All those polls saying remain should win probably worked against them anyhow
Report aaronh July 11, 2016 1:49 AM BST
It's not like they ring up x000 people and take their answers


They split their participants by age gender political preference education level etc
Report aaronh July 11, 2016 1:51 AM BST
The exit poll for 2015 election was near perfect in predicting a Tory majority which wasn't coming up in previous polling.
Report edy July 11, 2016 1:53 AM BST
Bombay mix
In 2006, the Sun reported that “nutty” EU officials wanted to rename Bombay mix Mumbai mix, “to make the snack politically correct”.

This story is completely fictional. The Telegraph’s then Brussels correspondent, David Rennie, managed to find the source of the story, which was a small regional news agency in England. The editor there told him the story “came from a mate at the Home Office, who had heard it being talked about” and when challenged said: “Look, this is just meant to be funny for the tabloids.”

Grains of truth (out of five): 0


That's how Sun, Daily Mail and Daily Express work. Inspiring stuff
Report edy July 11, 2016 1:54 AM BST
Banning prawn cocktail crisps

The stories you need to read, in one handy email
Read more
This is a subject that has exercised Boris Johnson for about 15 years. In 2002 he wrote that some of his “most joyous hours” had been spent composing “foam-flecked hymns of hate to the latest Euro-infamy”, the first on the list: the ban on prawn cocktail crisps.

Except that the EU never banned the crisps. The EU contends that this palaver was the result of an error by the UK government, which failed to include prawn cocktail when asked to send a list of flavourings and sweeteners in current use to the EU, which was drafting a harmonised EU-wide list. When the mistake was spotted, the information was provided by the UK government and the list was amended.

But this hasn’t stopped Johnson from getting angry about it. As recently as March, the former London mayor cited the “great war against the British prawn cocktail flavour crisp” as part of his evidence of Brussels-gone-mad and a reason he was campaigning to leave.

Grains of truth: 1


This is how Boris Johnson works
Report aaronh July 11, 2016 1:56 AM BST

Jul 10, 2016 -- 6:57PM, map wrote:


all the remain camp were insulting leave saying they were thick, didnt know what theyre voting for, poor, lower class, uneducated - that was the tactic to try and badger people to vote remain


These demographics did generally lean leave

People said that leavers didn't know what they were voting for because some for example blame the EU for issues of previous governments or that they voted based on some idea that the NHS would get better funding which probably won't happen or that they had this idea that immigration would suddenly get slashed by a huge amount when we have large control over it

Report aaronh July 11, 2016 1:57 AM BST

Jul 10, 2016 -- 7:54PM, edy wrote:


Banning prawn cocktail crispsThe stories you need to read, in one handy email Read moreThis is a subject that has exercised Boris Johnson for about 15 years. In 2002 he wrote that some of his “most joyous hours” had been spent composing “foam-flecked hymns of hate to the latest Euro-infamy”, the first on the list: the ban on prawn cocktail crisps.Except that the EU never banned the crisps. The EU contends that this palaver was the result of an error by the UK government, which failed to include prawn cocktail when asked to send a list of flavourings and sweeteners in current use to the EU, which was drafting a harmonised EU-wide list. When the mistake was spotted, the information was provided by the UK government and the list was amended.But this hasn’t stopped Johnson from getting angry about it. As recently as March, the former London mayor cited the “great war against the British prawn cocktail flavour crisp” as part of his evidence of Brussels-gone-mad and a reason he was campaigning to leave.Grains of truth: 1This is how Boris Johnson works


Beginning to think this buffoon would be the least bad next PM

Report edy July 11, 2016 1:58 AM BST
btw Aaron, did you see the how well "Brexit the movie" was researched? From John Oliver

https://youtu.be/iAgKHSNqxa8?t=4m8s
Report aaronh July 11, 2016 1:58 AM BST
Odd this idea that voting to leave smacked down the political elite that was Cameron and co and instead granted a victory to the political elite like Boris, Gove and Farage Excited
Report aaronh July 11, 2016 1:59 AM BST
People also said leavers were stupid because of this idea that people who are experts in their field apparently actually didn't know anything
Report edy July 11, 2016 1:59 AM BST
saying there are 109 pillow regulations in a desperate attempt to make the EU look menacingly weird and in fact they just listed regulations that mentioned the word "pillow" somewhere but have absolutely nothing to do with pillows
Report aaronh July 11, 2016 2:00 AM BST
cool
Report aaronh July 11, 2016 2:06 AM BST
Ain't that GDP predicting horse cute
Report wisewords July 11, 2016 2:07 AM BST
ed it's alright
Report wisewords July 11, 2016 2:07 AM BST
you need to stop getting worked up about the Sun and the Daily Mail
Report wisewords July 11, 2016 2:08 AM BST
they'll always write total crap but things won't change so there's no point getting worked up and upset about it
Report edy July 11, 2016 2:08 AM BST
I'm getting worked up about all tabloids
Report aaronh July 11, 2016 2:08 AM BST
Bild would never write such rubbish on the EU, right Happy
Report edy July 11, 2016 2:10 AM BST
Bild is running many of the same ridiculous euro myths and miseducation. You know tabloids live on fear, hate, outrage, tits and the weather forecast.
Report aaronh July 11, 2016 2:10 AM BST
Cry
Report aaronh July 11, 2016 2:11 AM BST
What about aftonbladet?
Report wisewords July 11, 2016 2:12 AM BST

Jul 10, 2016 -- 8:10PM, edy wrote:


Bild is running many of the same ridiculous euro myths and miseducation. You know tabloids live on fear, hate, outrage, tits and the weather forecast.


they sure do.

Report wisewords July 11, 2016 2:12 AM BST
and some fake fantasy sport headlines for good measure
Report wisewords July 11, 2016 2:23 AM BST
David Allen ‏@davidthewhiter1 Jul 9

Always said if someone gave me a date and a reason to fight them I won't shy away from anyone @DillianWhyte see you July 30th be ready
Report n88uk July 11, 2016 2:29 AM BST
Wow I only just read that I hope Murray loses thread. What are some of the people in that thread smoking? Claiming Murray is unprofessional and not a role model. He must be one of the best role models for athletes around.
Report edy July 11, 2016 2:33 AM BST
Doesn't he live like a monk? Apart from some video games. No alcohol, no smoking, clean eating, discipline etc etc
Report n88uk July 11, 2016 2:34 AM BST
Pretty much. These mugs are probably football forum types who think Wayne Rooney is a top role model.
Report n88uk July 11, 2016 2:36 AM BST
I imagine a lot of people would learn a lot from watching Murray train in terms of a dedication to your craft. If I controlled the LTA I would send all our British prospects out to Miami in the off season just to watch Murray train for a week or two just to get an idea of what is required. The relative small cost for the LTA to do that could teach a lot of players some important lessons early.
Report edy July 11, 2016 2:37 AM BST
This is cool

northanlite • July 6, 2016 9:28 PM BST
how is he not a good role model? helps out all the other UK players, trains hard, plays hard, wins a lot.
doesn't go on the p1ss, **** around and is utterly dedicated to his sport.
how exactly is he not a good role model, because he swears sometimes on court? grow up.

wee story for you. my wife is a primary school teacher and her class were doing a project on the Olympics.
they all wrote to a 2012 gold medal winners asking them some questions. most replied to some extent (one high profile one didn't
mentioning no names but he runs a long way) but a couple of days later the school got a phone call from a gold medal winner offering to do to skype Q&A with the kids.
It was never asked for but Andy Murray off his own back did half an hour on Skype with his gold medal in hand answering the kids questions.
They were thrilled he was great with the kids so f**k you. He's a good guy.
Report edy July 11, 2016 2:39 AM BST
speakup • July 6, 2016 11:52 PM BST
he's not a role model because of his loutish behaviour and he's also a big baby and a bad loser. He behaves like a spoilt brat. One day he might grow up. All pro tennis players train hard and play hard, no difference there


They do?
Report n88uk July 11, 2016 2:40 AM BST
Yer I called that bit out in my post, because that is definitely bs.
Report Mike-lfc July 11, 2016 9:21 AM BST
took a risk and backed Sakkari
Report Mike-lfc July 11, 2016 9:27 AM BST
Bonadio is crap
Report edy July 11, 2016 11:07 AM BST
Is WTA Gstaad not streamed?
Report SabineIsGOAT July 11, 2016 11:21 AM BST
this fred is dead, ed
Report edy July 11, 2016 11:22 AM BST
says who?
Report edy July 11, 2016 11:23 AM BST
but thanks Happy
Report GRANTCKING July 11, 2016 12:57 PM BST
oh my, filthy clay court tournaments Grin
Report GRANTCKING July 11, 2016 1:00 PM BST
the thread is dead
Report caramba September 1, 2016 9:22 PM BST
there was a request to post the following here:
Steven Mills ‏@StevenMtennis  5m5 minutes ago
Andrew Castle : "Wickmayer should be top three in the world as far as I'm concerned."
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com