Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Catch Me ifyoucan
07 Sep 15 23:01
| Topic/replies: 18,579 | Blogger: Catch Me ifyoucan's blog
Venus Williams is prepared to end her sister's attempt at a first calendar Grand Slam when she meets Serena in the US Open quarter-finals.
The sisters will play each other for the 27th time when they open the night session at 00:00 BST on Wednesday.

Serena, 33, has not lost a Grand Slam match since Wimbledon 2014 and hopes to win the first calendar Slam since 1988.
"No-one is out to be a spoiler, but at the same time you're focused on winning your match," said Venus, 35.
But she added: "I think people love to see history being made."

Serena is in the process of rewriting the tennis history books as she closes in on a 22nd major title, a record seventh US Open and fourth in a row, and matching Steffi Graf's achievement of winning all four in 1988. The world number one's last Slam defeat came against Alize Cornet at Wimbledon last year, since when she has racked up 32 wins at the major events.

The 25th of those victories was against Venus in the fourth round at Wimbledon - Serena's sixth in the last seven of a professional rivalry stretching back to 1998.
"I'm playing, for me, the best player in the tournament, and that's never easy," said Serena, who leads the overall head-to-head 15-11.
"She's beaten me so many times. I've taken a lot of losses off of her - more than anybody.
"She's a player who knows how to win, knows how to beat me, and knows my weaknesses better than anyone."
Pause Switch to Standard View ((((( VENUS v SERENA ))))) in the US...
Show More
Report scandanavian_haven September 8, 2015 7:12 AM BST
This is the freest free money since free money became free, and it's 1.13Shocked
There is no way Venus would ever derail her sisters calendar grand slam quest and the chance to equal Graff's 22 slam count, it's a smooth passage to the semi's for Serena though a tough final v Azarenka or Halep or Kivitova, can see her falling at that final hurdle.
Report Senyatta September 8, 2015 7:32 PM BST
i havent backed serena for a while. just dont want to curse her in this historic bid. i really hope she doesnt blow it. few signs are there i cant imagine the pressure she is going through. even tonights match nobody gives her sister a chance shes expected to win easily. eyes will be glued. COME ON SERENA!!!
Report Gibbo99 September 9, 2015 12:09 AM BST
Not free money - we'll have lord of goals on here in a minute!
Report Biffo2010 September 9, 2015 12:29 AM BST
Why the drift on Serena 1.2 now!!
Report Master Mind September 9, 2015 12:49 AM BST
Why the Match is delayed so much ??? almost an hour....
Report a bitofinterest September 9, 2015 12:54 AM BST
serena hasnt finished her BIG mac
Report jucel69 September 9, 2015 12:55 AM BST

Sep 9, 2015 -- 12:54AM, a bitofinterest wrote:

serena hasnt finished her BIG mac

takes her a while for both of them to strap their c o c ks up.

Report DAFFODIL1 September 9, 2015 12:55 AM BST
I don't believe either sister will want to embarrass each other, so can see a 2-1 either way
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com