Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Darlo Bantam
02 Feb 15 20:43
| Topic/replies: 27,034 | Blogger: Darlo Bantam's blog
Only turned this on two games ago, but seriously, what is going on here?

Scores wrong? Market wrong? Just totally corrupt?

Molchanov SP sub 2, is trading anywhere between 4 and 10 while a set up. WTF is this?
Pause Switch to Standard View Velotti - Molchanov
Show More
Report swebih February 2, 2015 8:45 PM GMT
Video is on so no livescore mafia Grin
Report kaste February 2, 2015 8:48 PM GMT
Fixed matchExcited
Report Darlo Bantam February 2, 2015 8:50 PM GMT
It's so fixed it's a fcking joke.
Report swebih February 2, 2015 8:50 PM GMT
ma layed can be rex1x as well Wink
Report mesmerised February 2, 2015 8:55 PM GMT
1.07 for a player with no indoor record and 130 places below his opponent a set down, look at that price graph crash lmao
Report chrispdc February 2, 2015 8:56 PM GMT
is that gameon hold?
Report chrispdc February 2, 2015 8:56 PM GMT
is that game on hold?
Report swebih February 2, 2015 9:01 PM GMT
Police just arrived
Report Darlo Bantam February 2, 2015 9:04 PM GMT
365 suspended.
Report mesmerised February 2, 2015 9:14 PM GMT
The TIU should specifically watch Molchanov's return game at 3-1 down, 4 piss poor half hearted attempts at returning
Report misterd February 2, 2015 9:17 PM GMT
wtf is just happening.. how can we alert authorities repsonsible???

this is so obvious is making me sick seriously!!!!!
Report swebih February 2, 2015 9:21 PM GMT
Lets see refix now
Report Darlo Bantam February 2, 2015 9:21 PM GMT
Any point in wondering if this is a double bluff and now backing Molchanov at 25s?
Report mesmerised February 2, 2015 9:33 PM GMT
he pretend slipped and then threw his racquet out of his handLaugh
Report Darlo Bantam February 2, 2015 9:34 PM GMT
Chris de Waard ‏@TennisPurist 1m1 minute ago

I dare you to call Molchanov a bad actor after that amazing slip and slide.
Report SamH_123 February 2, 2015 9:46 PM GMT
I caught the last set. if this is a fix what a total botch job by the fixers.
literally nothing undercover about it at all lol
Report misterd February 2, 2015 9:50 PM GMT
any chance betfair will void bets??
Report hello-hello February 2, 2015 9:51 PM GMT
settled yeah?
Report YOMOMMA February 2, 2015 10:07 PM GMT
i missed it. was it big fix or little fix.
Report misterd February 2, 2015 10:35 PM GMT
its was a huge fixed.

backing a player who just lost 1st set to 1,10, giving startingprice @2 its just too much obvious

I hope betfair makes the wise decision, wich is voiding all bets in this market, this game was a scandal, and the only way to fight against fixed matches, is not letting the corrupt ones, getting away with it
Report mouse trap February 3, 2015 8:15 AM GMT
Dear Denys, thank you for your theatrical performance yeasterday. You are famous now.

http://www.sportdw.com/2015/02/fix-tennis-match-denys-molchanov.html
Report mouse trap February 3, 2015 8:27 AM GMT
http://www.batennisworld.com/match-fixing-dallas-challenger-on-the-spot/
Report lurka February 3, 2015 10:37 AM GMT
no way betfair will void exchange bets here, take money back from people's accounts and do themselves out of commission. Maybe the TIU will do something this time seeing as it was televised. But i reckon they won't unless they have a link to bets being placed by an accomplice
Report mouse trap February 3, 2015 10:44 AM GMT
bookies should push it too as they (presumably) are losing money on such matches. the drift in odds at pinnacle pre-off etc. was documented this time.
there was large diff in prices between BF and B365 during the 1st set. B365 priced the match according to a standard model while the BF prices went the opposite way. B365 removed the match from their offer before the set was over.
(their comment from customer service later on: " Hi, betting is not available on this match In-Play. To discuss the match further, please call 01782 684757 or use Live Chat.)
Report mouse trap February 3, 2015 10:46 AM GMT
I'd like to know how and if they settled the bets submitted early in the 1st set...
Report Darlo Bantam February 3, 2015 11:52 AM GMT
Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but why would you fix a match, and have the player you know is going to lose the match, win the first set and back his opponent at 1.10 to 1.30 ish, when you could have backed him at 5+? Must be the most stupid fixers.
Report Wildcat Army. February 3, 2015 12:08 PM GMT
I backed Velotti in running with Billies, in the 1st set just before they suspended betting and took it down.  Still not settled....
Report wisewords February 3, 2015 1:22 PM GMT

Feb 3, 2015 -- 11:52AM, Darlo Bantam wrote:

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but why would you fix a match, and have the player you know is going to lose the match, win the first set and back his opponent at 1.10 to 1.30 ish, when you could have backed him at 5+? Must be the most stupid fixers.

They were too greedy, trying to get too much many matched in a relatively low liquidity challenger market. Thus, the huge skewing in price.

Report lurka February 3, 2015 1:36 PM GMT
because they didn't expect him to come in to 1.1 to 1.3 after losing the first set. they expected the 5+. when did molchanov pretend to be inujured?
Report caramba February 3, 2015 1:51 PM GMT
end of 2nd set according to article above
Report wisewords February 3, 2015 1:54 PM GMT
market smelt a rat from early on, most probably because of money volume
Report misterd February 3, 2015 2:26 PM GMT
betfair knows exactly what was going on on the match. It was just too much obvious not to know.

They cannot just close their eyes and let this thing pass by, because if they do, its the same thing as showing a white flag for corruption, saying it is OK to come to betfair and earn illegal money!.Because the big winners yesterday, werent gamblers, they did not win gambling money, they won corrupted money.

Betfair MUST void the market. I cannot see any other option for the integrity of betting and the sports itself. It would show people that this is something that worries them.
Report Darlo Bantam February 3, 2015 2:45 PM GMT
Injury reason is one thing but it doesn't make sense since Velotti shortened throughout losing the first set. I think ww is right and it was simply greed. Wonder how many people joined in who weren't in on the fix to shorten the price.
Report mesmerised February 3, 2015 3:08 PM GMT
Betfair have only been offering challengers for so long, and beforehand didn't because of integrity issues, cases like this will inevitably result in a lot of disgruntled punters asking for their money back, not that they would get it here, and result in BF removing them from their site again, the mug Molchanov is clearly associated with people who are not exactly professionals, probably poorer members of his family.
Report n88uk February 3, 2015 3:59 PM GMT
The reason no-one voids is because a dodgy betting pattern alone isn't proof in the eyes of the law that a match was fixed. Proving match fixing in a court of law is notoriously expensive and difficult. For bookmakers it's probably even worse, because there has to be laws protecting the customer as part of their regulation so they can't just void willy nilly.

That always happens Darlo. Once everyone gets wind of the fix, more money piles in of people not even in on the fix.
Report Oo R Ya February 3, 2015 4:00 PM GMT
I'd love to know how much of the turnover was due to bot-trading (either Arbs with bookies or taking prices that would be seen as 'value' in a normal match)?
I doubt BF will refund bets as it's not really in their best interest to set a precedent before any investigation by TIU is undertaken. What gets me are the prices that are taken. It's as if those 'in the know' are just happy to get any bet on regardless of how many red flags it throws up.
Report n88uk February 3, 2015 4:07 PM GMT
Well if you know your bet will win, why does it matter what the price is ultimately. If it's a 100% sure thing, the price doesn't matter. On Betfair, do Betfair even really care where the bets are coming from, they're just happy to have more bets to get more commission from.

The one time Betfair voided a match, it basically backfired. The investigation went on a long time, and eventually Davydenko was cleared of any wrongdoing. This will make them heavily reluctant to do it again, just because it's not in their interests to do so.
Report misterd February 3, 2015 4:11 PM GMT
so betfair needs proof of the match being fixed..???!??

come on.. just the suspicious of being fixed alone should be more than enough to void the bets

they void bets for technical problems once and a while and youre telling me they wont void a market that they actually know was absolutely fixed, just because there is no "evidence"???

thats just ridiculous

they can say whatever they want, but im sure betfair also lost money on this. They also have money on the market to create liquidity, and someone was just hoovering it all, i doubt the comission will cover their losses yesterday
Report n88uk February 3, 2015 4:20 PM GMT
Of course they do. Organisations can't go around making allegations of fixing without proof (hence why major publications never touch match fixing issues with a barge pole).

Technical problems is totally different, people taking advantage of a fault Betfair were responsible for will be in the terms and conditions somewhere. If they void this market, all the winners will complain they did nothing wrong.
Report caramba February 3, 2015 4:55 PM GMT
they can say whatever they want, but im sure betfair also lost money on this.

Laugh
Report Darlo Bantam February 3, 2015 10:19 PM GMT

Feb 3, 2015 -- 4:07PM, n88uk wrote:

Well if you know your bet will win, why does it matter what the price is ultimately. If it's a 100% sure thing, the price doesn't matter. On Betfair, do Betfair even really care where the bets are coming from, they're just happy to have more bets to get more commission from.The one time Betfair voided a match, it basically backfired. The investigation went on a long time, and eventually Davydenko was cleared of any wrongdoing. This will make them heavily reluctant to do it again, just because it's not in their interests to do so.

Don't agree with this. If you can get 10k on at 1.10 which is the price during the first set despite Velotti losing it, you win £1k. Were you to wait for the correct price at maybe 6s, you'd have won £60k isntead. Massive difference.

There was a match at Maui last week where someone stormed in with £7k on the outsider, Garanganga just before he broke and eventually won. I suspect it was just luck rather than a known fix, but that's the demonstration in price difference.

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com