Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
;[p
26 May 14 12:45
| Topic/replies: 57,359 | Blogger: ;[p's blog
asked bartoli if she is happy that can say in future to her grandchildren that she was so lucky to play sharapova on center court rather some no name on court 17....Crazy (bartoli wimbledon champion)

asked bartoli why sharapova won only one slam in last six years...  (while for bartoli winning one slam was greatest achievement obviously ) what a **** he is and he probably do not realise that
Pause Switch to Standard View what a idiot this inverdale
Show More
Report philip glass May 27, 2014 12:25 AM BST
Other annoying trait is he continually says game when he means match. For example "there's a great game taking place over on court three" or "Ward played a good game against Robredo" etc etc. Ward played 38 games against Robredo not one.
Report smb360 May 27, 2014 3:40 AM BST
Fabrice Santoro: 'We French haven't had any Grand Slam champions in the last 25 years' - whilst Marion was sitting next to him on co-comms
Report sheppy123 May 27, 2014 3:00 PM BST
I remember him asking those cringe worthy questions yesterday.

BUT... I kinda like him for the fact he's quite honest and says things that others may think but keep it to themselves.
new  host claire baldy is not much better,hope not much ATP players with bad teeth around
Report hornetsman May 27, 2014 9:57 PM BST
Don't know how Inverdale keeps getting work, he knows even less about Tennis than he does about Rugby Union and Horse Racing. Massively over rated and probably massively over paid.
Report ;[p May 27, 2014 10:56 PM BST
during lokoli match he said something like " just looked at the list of matches he played till today and you can imagine how different level it was, even best tennis freak  experts couldnt recognise single player of that list..."

by curiosity i checked his previous matches he played donskoy,ouanna, olivier rochus(2 atp titles),enzo couacaud(seen this guy myself at wimb when he played kyle edward in junior dubs so english tennis pundit seriously should have heard of him),maxime teixeira, gerald melzer , florent serra(2 atp titles)
seriously...Crazy
Report smb360 May 28, 2014 1:51 PM BST
Laugh
Report DonNo1 May 28, 2014 2:36 PM BST
When they showed Karlovic beating Dimitrov he mentioned how you might remember him because he upset Hewitt at Wimbledon 11 years ago.  Then he kept referring to the Mahut-Isner Wimbledon marathon because there was a small chance they'd meet in the 2nd round here.

That's the only reason he knows the names of the players, suspect the average viewer is far more familiar with them.
Report Mike-lfc May 28, 2014 3:26 PM BST

May 26, 2014 -- 9:40PM, smb360 wrote:

Fabrice Santoro: 'We French haven't had any Grand Slam champions in the last 25 years' - whilst Marion was sitting next to him on co-comms

Laugh

Report smb360 May 28, 2014 4:37 PM BST
Inverdale: 'You'll look at this and go "WHO?!?!?"' speaking over a screen displaying the score from Muguruza's victory over Serena
Report DonNo1 May 28, 2014 4:47 PM BST
She's ranked 35th in the world for **** sake.  What an ignorant ****, pathetic.

Did he say we'd have a new Womens winner?  Talking about how Sharapova would cope with the pressure like when Federer when Nadal went out.  She won the tournament when Serena went out first round two years ago Laugh
Report DonNo1 May 28, 2014 4:48 PM BST
with*
Report DonNo1 May 28, 2014 6:33 PM BST
Radwanska favourite for the Womens? Crazy
Report aaronh May 28, 2014 6:34 PM BST
Laugh
Report aaronh May 28, 2014 6:35 PM BST
she made a Wimbledon final once, get with the times Wink

Inverdale is a ****, nothing new here really
Report mafeking May 28, 2014 6:37 PM BST
i'd say your average casual watcher of tennis may have heard the name but wouldn't know much about her although of a course a veteran professional tennis broadcaster should
Report mafeking May 28, 2014 6:39 PM BST
muguruza that is of course
Report bb66 May 28, 2014 6:55 PM BST
there's a big layer in low odds markets offering big value, was on Pironkova and Pliskova, burning Money, is he wasting profits from Serena?
Report bb66 May 28, 2014 6:56 PM BST
ups, wrong thread
Report DonNo1 May 28, 2014 7:02 PM BST
It's not the fact he knows little about tennis.  It's his whole attitude towards it, if he doesn't know much about it then neither does the viewer.  Sure some people would have reacted 'who' to Muguruza, him included.  But any competent person in his position would have asked a question or two whilst the match was going on and mentioned she was having a good season and No35 whilst it's still a big shock. 

Him getting excited at prospect of an Isner-Mahut rematch when it's on a clay court sums it up.  Probably even forgotten they had a rematch at Wimbledon and have played two other times since as well 

It's piss poor broadcasting
Report sheppy123 May 28, 2014 7:12 PM BST
DonNo1...

Yes, I also heard him say that Radwanska was the favourite for the womens!Laugh

I thought I'd misheard it!
Report Angel Gabrial May 28, 2014 7:19 PM BST
Inverdale captained his University team at when a student at Southampton.

He probably thinks that he doesn`t need to follow the sport to impress the viewers.
Report mafeking May 28, 2014 7:27 PM BST
for a long time the bbc (yes i know he's working for itv at the moment) has had a fairly patronising attitude towards tennis fans basically assuming people only watch tennis 2 weeks of the year and have little knowledge of anyone but the top handful of players

while that might have been correct 20 years ago when tv coverage was limited to wimbledon and queens and maybe the finals of the aussie and roland garros it certainly isn't the case now with virtual saturation coverage of both tours if you want it
Report johnnyrant May 29, 2014 1:06 PM BST
Yep, Inverdale carries that awful, condescending Beeb attitude of talking down to the viewer like those watching haven't got a clue. Clare Balding is the same & she has carried the exact same presentation style across to C4 racing, pointing out jockeys and trainers in the parade ring like viewers don't know who Ryan Moore/Sir Michael Stoute are etc. It's just awful. Anyone who knows a lot about any sport is massively short-changed by these presenting muppets like Inverdale, Balding and you can add Lineker in terms of football.
Report DStyle May 29, 2014 2:43 PM BST
i'm not convinced inverdale talks down to the viewer. I genuinely think, when it comes to tennis, that he's an idiot with no idea about the sport he's calling
Report mesmerised May 29, 2014 3:04 PM BST
I don't find him half as annoying as most people, the likes of Andrew Castle and Barry Cowan are far worse with their innate ramblings and sucking up even if their knowledge is superior to Inverdale, who when it comes to sports, is a jack of all trades but a master of none, in any given week of the year though most tennis matches are taking place when most people are at work so most casual fans watching will not be overly familiar or even heard of most of the lower ranked players so I don't see it as insulting the hardcore tennis fans knowledge but simply informing the masses who they are, I don't see him as patronising but a definite gravy train rider lucky to be given these gigs.
Report BCFC1875 May 29, 2014 4:00 PM BST
All real sport should just be on SKY. ITV & Eurosport should be allowed Cycling and car racing only.

Why Eurosport only show one match is beyond me & Its usually some Top player vs a qualifier so you know the result before its even started. Look now, Gasquest v Berloq has potential to be a good match yet they and itv4 just showing Murray in a cakewalk
Report ;[p May 29, 2014 8:42 PM BST

May 29, 2014 -- 8:43AM, DStyle wrote:

i'm not convinced inverdale talks down to the viewer. I genuinely think, when it comes to tennis, that he's an idiot with no idea about the sport he's calling

yeah agree he is lost in this massive world of tennis and every time he spot something he might be familiar with,he clings to it and throwing onto viewer or guests  hoping it will cover ignorance he know he represents.its not annoying but embarrassing that those people who chosen inverdale seems to have no clue how big tennis industry is as a sport and entertainment nowadays

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com