Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
MR. 69
10 Aug 13 08:53
| Topic/replies: 140 | Blogger: MR. 69's blog
There's been much talk of players betting on their opponents to win but there are times when I suspect players have backed themselves to win. If then, like Davydenko yesterday, they get a bad start, they just make sure they retire before the end of the 1st set. Fortunately, there is not enough liquidity on the set and hcp  markets because if there were I'm sure we would see more players backing themselves only to retire before the end of the match.
Pause Switch to Standard View Did Davydenko back himself to win?
Show More
Report freakdom August 10, 2013 1:15 PM BST
really,really,really
Report aaronh August 10, 2013 1:17 PM BST
lol, what a mug
Report horsenipples August 11, 2013 4:16 PM BST
Yeah, I wondered  the same thing.  Probably thought he had a really good shot, had his 'friends' load up  then bailed when things started to go sour. 

I wouldn't be surprised with that guy.
Report lurka August 11, 2013 5:48 PM BST
wouldn't it be far easier to back his opponent? then he is in total control and if his opponent is the dog then he makes more money
Report edy August 12, 2013 4:02 AM BST
I think this could happen occasionally and has probably happened mostly in lower levels (and with match complete rules at real bookmakers)

As for Davydenko ....no. I know he still gets a lot of shit, but I think he's been perfectly clean for years now. Apart from very, very few matches every now and again he's simply not good enough anymore. Especially his serve.
Report jin_kazz August 12, 2013 11:46 AM BST
so following your logic we can suggest that every player that retired in 1st set backed himself to win?

you're paranoid
Report jin_kazz August 12, 2013 11:47 AM BST
and if davy is such a bastard why you bet in his matches??
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com