Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
n88uk
15 Jun 13 23:14
Joined:
Date Joined: 26 May 12
| Topic/replies: 185,295 | Blogger: n88uk's blog
Wow midday start for this? Imo that is a big plus for Donna. Hantuchova has played 8 hours in the last 3 days, a lot of on and off tennis in that which tends to make it worse in terms of tiredness, a midday start (and no rain is expected tomorrow). Not sure if I'll bet on this yet, will see what the prices settle at.
Pause Switch to Standard View Vekic vs Hantuchova
Show More
Loading...
Report __JC_GT__ June 16, 2013 2:36 PM BST
Those missed bp's will effect Hanta's mental state imo.

Very nicely played I must say. Painted the line on BP.
Report elmonoartico June 16, 2013 2:39 PM BST
COME ON VEKIC FFS YOU GORGEOUS MUG
Report __JC_GT__ June 16, 2013 2:44 PM BST
Interesting from Hanta there.

As soon as she had the finish line in sight she crumbled and played 4 terrible points in a row.

I think Dani really wants this bad and the nerves are getting the better of her.
Report elmonoartico June 16, 2013 2:47 PM BST
Pray to God Vekic holds here.

If she can get it to another tiebreak I think Hanta will bottle it.

Or at least I hope she will.
Report edy June 16, 2013 2:50 PM BST

Jun 16, 2013 -- 3:44PM, __JC_GT__ wrote:


Interesting from Hanta there. As soon as she had the finish line in sight she crumbled and played 4 terrible points in a row. I think Dani really wants this bad and the nerves are getting the better of her.


She said earlier this week that Birmingham was her first WTA level tournament (I didn't check, but I would assume she wouldn't confuse that kinda fact) and that it would mean the world to her to win here one year.

Report __JC_GT__ June 16, 2013 2:50 PM BST
Lol should be GSM if not for the simplest of mug errors for Dani.
Report smb360 June 16, 2013 2:51 PM BST
Awful awful miss by Dani there. That point to bring it back to deuce should have been GSM
Report smb360 June 16, 2013 2:51 PM BST
Plain
Report smb360 June 16, 2013 2:51 PM BST
MP
Report smb360 June 16, 2013 2:52 PM BST
GSM Dani
Report elmonoartico June 16, 2013 2:52 PM BST
**** OFF VEKIC YOU MUG
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 2:52 PM BST
Lol.
Report aaronh June 16, 2013 2:52 PM BST

Jun 16, 2013 -- 3:52PM, elmonoartico wrote:


**** OFF VEKIC YOU MUG


seething

Report edy June 16, 2013 2:53 PM BST
You reckon?
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 2:53 PM BST
Na I reckon he had a grand on Hantuchova.
Report smb360 June 16, 2013 2:53 PM BST
elmonoartico • June 16, 2013 2:52 PM BST
**** OFF VEKIC YOU MUG

That's a funny way of saying Well done Donna, very good effort and best of luck in your next tournament
Report aaronh June 16, 2013 2:53 PM BST

Jun 16, 2013 -- 3:28PM, n88uk wrote:


Donna doesn't play juniors.


Do Slams count in your tournaments limit at her age, can't remember how the age rule works

Report aaronh June 16, 2013 2:54 PM BST
That's a funny way of saying Well done Donna, very good effort and best of luck in your next tournament


Cool

Donna Love
Report elmonoartico June 16, 2013 2:54 PM BST
Seething to the coreDevil

Just not good enough on the day tbf, Hanta bossed almost every rally
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 2:54 PM BST

Jun 16, 2013 -- 3:53PM, aaronh wrote:


Jun 16, 2013 --  2:28PM, n88uk wrote:Donna doesn't play juniors.Do Slams count in your tournaments limit at her age, can't remember how the age rule works


No, age rules only apply to WTA tour events.

Report n88uk June 16, 2013 2:55 PM BST
Actually maybe they do. Wording is really unclear.
Report edy June 16, 2013 2:56 PM BST
Is that the famous champagne mentioned in "Killer Queen"?
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 2:56 PM BST
Oh right yes they do count so scratch that.
Report aaronh June 16, 2013 2:57 PM BST
Scared
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 2:57 PM BST
Age elebility rules absolutely suck imo.
Report aaronh June 16, 2013 2:57 PM BST
non alcoholic champers for Donna Confused
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 2:57 PM BST
*eligibility rather.
Report smb360 June 16, 2013 2:57 PM BST
By aaronh on 14 Jun 13 18:42
We can now see how unlucky Ula was, drawing champ in first round

By Ula you mean LAURA Whoops
Report aaronh June 16, 2013 2:57 PM BST
Laugh
Report edy June 16, 2013 2:57 PM BST
You aren't allowed to drink at 16 in Engerland?
Report wisewords June 16, 2013 2:58 PM BST
nope, 18 in england
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 2:58 PM BST
If someone is good enough to play on the tour at 16, they should be allowed to play on the tour, not restricted.
Report edy June 16, 2013 2:58 PM BST
Mug country
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 2:58 PM BST
I reckon we might see Donna in Baku though Laugh.
Report Dr Kim June 16, 2013 2:58 PM BST
Why does the winner get less money than the runner up?
Report edy June 16, 2013 2:58 PM BST
Not even beer and wine are allowed at 16?
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 2:59 PM BST
They don't? Isn't it 40k winner, 20k runner up?
Report smb360 June 16, 2013 2:59 PM BST
German women have beer inside them instead of amniotic fluid though
Report Dr Kim June 16, 2013 2:59 PM BST
i thought he just said she got 11k?
Report Dr Kim June 16, 2013 2:59 PM BST
btw watching this feels akrward
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 2:59 PM BST
That's pounds and that is Donna.
Report smb360 June 16, 2013 2:59 PM BST
Winner is $40k yeah
Report Danyo June 16, 2013 2:59 PM BST
german commentator said that was the doubles price... she receives 40.000$ and not 11.500$
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 3:00 PM BST
Btw does anyone know when you go on WTA website for Donna Vekic, it says $0 for every prize money for every event. What is that all about?
Report aaronh June 16, 2013 3:00 PM BST
WTA website sucks, that's what it's about
Report Dr Kim June 16, 2013 3:00 PM BST
i think it needs updating
Report smb360 June 16, 2013 3:00 PM BST
Prize money here (at the bottom)

http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-Archive/posting/2013/1052/MDS.pdf
Report Dr Kim June 16, 2013 3:00 PM BST
i'll tell you how much she has won one sec
Report smb360 June 16, 2013 3:01 PM BST

Jun 16, 2013 -- 4:00PM, n88uk wrote:


Btw does anyone know when you go on WTA website for Donna Vekic, it says $0 for every prize money for every event. What is that all about?


Parents stealing it all and putting it in a 'trust fund' Devil

Report Dr Kim June 16, 2013 3:01 PM BST
lol
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 3:01 PM BST
The prize money is the same in every international event, bar ones that bother to put up $500k for an extra top 10 players, which is about 2 a year. Shenzhen did it, and normally some other asian international does it after USO.
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 3:02 PM BST
£11k not really that much for runner up really. Given next week, you get £23.5k just for turning up.
Report Dr Kim June 16, 2013 3:03 PM BST
Vekics total prize money is $57,000 up until this tournament
Report Dr Kim June 16, 2013 3:03 PM BST
that's how much she has earned in her total career
Report edy June 16, 2013 3:03 PM BST
Didn't you forget a 1 in front there, Kim?
Report smb360 June 16, 2013 3:04 PM BST
I was thinking about some of the players that went out in the first round or even qualifying. They get so little money considering they have to shell out loads for flights and pay coaches, physios etc.
Report Dr Kim June 16, 2013 3:04 PM BST
Nope, the exact figure is...
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 3:04 PM BST
It's $157k Dr Kim.
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 3:04 PM BST
$157,356.
Report Dr Kim June 16, 2013 3:04 PM BST
%57,407
Report Dr Kim June 16, 2013 3:04 PM BST
according to the oncourt software
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 3:05 PM BST
Dr Kim your figures can't possibly be right. Tashkent RU and AO R2 add up to more than $57k alone.
Report smb360 June 16, 2013 3:05 PM BST
The $0 thing on the WTA site isn't a problem with Vekic's profile, all players have $0 on their results.
Report Dr Kim June 16, 2013 3:06 PM BST
maybe you're right then n88
Report Dr Kim June 16, 2013 3:06 PM BST
i'm off to murray thread now ]
Report smb360 June 16, 2013 3:06 PM BST
The site has just borked
Report ;[p June 16, 2013 3:06 PM BST
donna vekic Prize money     $157,356
Report edy June 16, 2013 3:07 PM BST
SMB, did you read Weintraub's blog entry about league play that aaronh copied into some thread during RG? Lots of players lose money touring instead of winning.
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 3:08 PM BST

Jun 16, 2013 -- 4:04PM, smb360 wrote:


I was thinking about some of the players that went out in the first round or even qualifying. They get so little money considering they have to shell out loads for flights and pay coaches, physios etc.


This is one thing the equal prize money people never look into, that the ATP actually does pay out more money. It's only the top level where prize money is the same. Grand slams, and masters and premier mandatories/premier 5. Below that the ATP gulf gets bigger and bigger. The 250s pay like 250% on average the amount an international does on average I remember reading (though that was before int's prize money went up $40k, but still there will be a huge difference). 500s have bigger prize pools than premiers etc.

Report smb360 June 16, 2013 3:08 PM BST
No, edy, I don't think so, although it rings a bell for some reason
Report smb360 June 16, 2013 3:09 PM BST
Nadia Kichenok won $2500 in Johannesburg I think and then flew to Europe ... probably wiping out 2/3 of that money instantly
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 3:10 PM BST
Like as someone ranked where Vekic is say, but that's your max, you wouldn't actually make that much money in the year in WTA, basically all your money would be made from getting into the grand slams, because for the rest of the year you pretty much break even (on average, obviously some weeks down, some up).
Report edy June 16, 2013 3:10 PM BST
They don't get that prize money either, smb. It's taxed at the place of the tournament and depending on your residence or citizenship it might even be double taxed.
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 3:11 PM BST

Jun 16, 2013 -- 4:10PM, edy wrote:


They don't get that prize money either, smb. It's taxed at the place of the tournament and depending on your residence or citizenship it might even be double taxed.


You would take expenses off though right?

Report smb360 June 16, 2013 3:12 PM BST
Halle $7k first round
Queens $3.5k first round

They might be 'fake' 250s given the players they attract and the setup (e.g. Hawkeye present) but still
Report edy June 16, 2013 3:12 PM BST
In your residential country if the local tax laws allow that I guess, yeah. At the tournaments, no. Not completely sure though.
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 3:12 PM BST
Slightly misleading because Halle is a round smaller draw.
Report smb360 June 16, 2013 3:13 PM BST
oh
Report annibal June 16, 2013 3:13 PM BST
in her rank she will be in many international tournaments. she never lose money.
Report annibal June 16, 2013 3:13 PM BST
1st round prize over the travels
Report annibal June 16, 2013 3:14 PM BST
cover
Report smb360 June 16, 2013 3:14 PM BST
$750

flying any kind of distance with your coach is going to eat that up pretty much straight away
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 3:14 PM BST
Yes but that is just because the ATP generate way more money than the WTA do. Roddick was the only person smart enough to comment on this when the whole prize money debate opened up last year or before. That the ATP lower down pay way better than WTA. It's only really top 20 players that are on par with each other, if you are 60 in the world in ATP you are far better off than number 60 in WTA.
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 3:16 PM BST

Jun 16, 2013 -- 4:14PM, smb360 wrote:


$750flying any kind of distance with your coach is going to eat that up pretty much straight away


This is just because stupid Birmingham is 56 women draw for some reason, only international to be so. Internationals default 1st round prize money for 32 women draws is $2250 I think. Birmingham 56 women draw makes the prize money spread way too thin.

Report annibal June 16, 2013 3:17 PM BST
yes smb normaly they dont lose.
Report smb360 June 16, 2013 3:18 PM BST
At least it comes at a time when many of the players are flying to England for the whole month anyway though. If that wasn't the case then I doubt it could exist with its current structure.
Report annibal June 16, 2013 3:19 PM BST
vekic gave a deent fight,only 1 brake down the whole match. well done dani bakers Wink
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 3:20 PM BST
Birmingham is stupid to be 56 women draw though, same is true for Queens, if they do that they should have to put up extra prize money, because it's not really fair, because they take all the extra prize money off the lower rounds.

Eg. All internationals winner gets $40k, RU $20k, same as in Birmingham. But they all have $320k prize pool, so all the extra money for the extra 24 players is getting taken off lower rounds, not really fair imo, given who these events are targeted at.
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 3:23 PM BST
As you say though everyone is hear for Wimbledon anyway, for the £23.5k guaranteed there, so of course they will make money for the grass court season even if they don't win a match.

But player expenses are around $200k a year to give you an idea how costly the tour is (obv wildly varies, because Maria Sharapova's expenses will be 7 figures, but lower ranked players is around $200k).
Report edy June 16, 2013 3:26 PM BST
Where would you make the cut on the WTA where players start losing money, n88uk? Top75? Top100?
Report edy June 16, 2013 3:27 PM BST
If we assume they don't play in any leagues.
Report edy June 16, 2013 3:28 PM BST
and don't have the LTA pampering them with money
Report ;[p June 16, 2013 3:32 PM BST
obviously player like dona probably invested in herself at least 4x money she won so far on the tour
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 3:32 PM BST
Er around the same cutoff point of entry to slams imo. So just below 100.
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 3:34 PM BST
Entry to slams pretty much secures your year as a player. I mean 4 R1 exits now is worth like $150k and is going up every year.
Report edy June 16, 2013 3:35 PM BST
Happy Makes sense
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 3:36 PM BST

Jun 16, 2013 -- 4:32PM, ;[p wrote:


obviously player like dona probably invested in herself at least 4x money she won so far on the tour


Yes but obviously Nike or whoever will go to Donna and be willing to pay all her expenses for the year, so it will end up costing Donna nothing, because she has major sponsors behind her.

Report smb360 June 16, 2013 3:37 PM BST
Donna is wearing the current 'Nike uniform'

At least five players this week were wearing what Donna has worn all week, right down to the same yellow visor
Report n88uk June 16, 2013 3:40 PM BST
Probably the biggest scam is when tournaments start offering more then their total prize money to the top players to play the event.

I wonder how much Bastad are playing Serena for instance next month, almost certainly more than the $320k total prize money for the event (I would guess $600k at a guess).
Report annibal June 16, 2013 3:57 PM BST
well said n88uk . i doubt zeballos won rafa in the begin of the year just because he derseved in that mug tournament. i believe rafa ofered zeb that money .he had won his own already
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com