Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tweedy
15 May 13 12:13
| Topic/replies: 3,385 | Blogger: tweedy's blog
I'm a Murray fan - so will be betting on him to win this
Pause Switch to Standard View Murray (the birthday boy apparently)...
Show More
Report AyersRock May 15, 2013 4:48 PM BST
he has 11 days to recover from his hip problem, how serious is it? it could be he is being cautious ahead of RG, he's not out yet
Report aaronh May 15, 2013 4:49 PM BST

May 15, 2013 -- 10:47AM, caramba wrote:

and you get nice cat pictures as bonus.

Excited

Report mouse trap May 15, 2013 4:50 PM BST
"Downbeat press conference with Andy Murray, he'll give it 4-5 days and then take a view on whether he's ready for 'most physical' Slam."
Report caramba May 15, 2013 4:51 PM BST
Rafa could be seeded top 4 after all!!!
Report WhiteAl May 15, 2013 4:52 PM BST
ha, imagine Ferrer finaly beating him here in the quarters and then Murray f*cks it all up for him :D
Report edy May 15, 2013 4:55 PM BST
Mike Dickson ‏@Mike_Dickson_DM 10m
Downbeat press conference with Andy Murray, he'll give it 4-5 days and then take a view on whether he's ready for 'most physical' Slam.

The problem is certainly there. Was there last week as well. Everybody who says he's faking (to blow candles on a birthday cake) is just delusional and frankly doesn't know shit about Murray as a professional athlete, person or tennis as a whole.

I guess he would be able to play somewhat at RG, probably win a few rounds against some no-hopers, but he'll have to decide over the course of the next few days if he will be able to compete properly at a, especially for someone with his style, physical major. If it makes sense to maybe even endanger his participation at Wimbledon by playing RG.
Report mouse trap May 15, 2013 4:57 PM BST
Internazionali Bnl ‏@InteBNLdItalia 1m
Murray on his lower left back problem: "I need to take a few day off. I'd be very surprised if I were playing in Paris"
Report dlarssonf May 15, 2013 4:57 PM BST
He has no chance at the French Open anyway, he is **** on clay, has much better chances at Wimbledon and that should be his priority
Report doridoru May 15, 2013 5:59 PM BST
Wow glad I was at work, Murray what a dog****!
Report Lufc86 May 15, 2013 6:21 PM BST
Lads your problem should be with betfair's rule and not andy murray. He only has one retirement in his career before today and rarely take a MTO

All bets should be void imo like it is with most books
Report dlarssonf May 15, 2013 6:23 PM BST
No I think the rules are fine the way they are
Report HARRY22 May 15, 2013 6:58 PM BST
Joined: 05 Mar 08 | Topic/replies: 7,158 | Blogger: dlarssonf's blog
He has no chance at the French Open anyway, he is **** on clay, has much better chances at Wimbledon and that should be his priority

Exactly.  I see him winning wimbledon if he is fit.
Report doridoru May 15, 2013 7:54 PM BST
What a zombiefied piece of 5hit he was in his press conference, I didnt lose 1p and yet his attitude stinks...
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? May 15, 2013 8:00 PM BST
He retired because he was likely to play again tomorrow? What type of reasoning is that? Win the match, then see what it is like tomorrow instead.. clueless.
Report aaronh May 15, 2013 8:05 PM BST
SorA still seething
Report aaronh May 15, 2013 8:05 PM BST

May 15, 2013 -- 1:54PM, doridoru wrote:

What a zombiefied piece of 5hit he was in his press conference, I didnt lose 1p and yet his attitude stinks...

are you going by quotes or were you in the media room Laugh

Report bb66 May 15, 2013 8:13 PM BST
Murray 'rarely take a MTO'

can't be more wrong, besides his attitude on court counts for MTO tooLaugh
Report edy May 15, 2013 8:19 PM BST
Tsk tsk tsk, instead of admitting failure and apologizing to Murray for his comical and disgusting conclusions in the wake of the scot likely having to miss RG, he chooses to trash him with his nonsense some more.
Report edy May 15, 2013 8:23 PM BST
Look at it this way SoA: You once said it's unprofessional of players to just quit. instead of saying "ooh, he's such an unprofessional wanker for retiring after the 2nd set", how about thinking "Man, what a hero. Despite obvious injury he fought hard and gave the paying spectators a good second set when he could've simply retired down 1-4 or lost tamely 1-6. If that doesn't show utmost respect towards the normal people that used their hard earned money to buy a ticket, I don't know what does"

Your way on people and players is always so negative and grim. Always looking to tarnish their reputation for absolutely no reason.
Report edy May 15, 2013 8:24 PM BST
*view
Report aaronh May 15, 2013 8:25 PM BST
Happy
Report jin_kazz May 15, 2013 8:38 PM BST

May 15, 2013 -- 2:23PM, edy wrote:

Look at it this way SoA: You once said it's unprofessional of players to just quit. instead of saying "ooh, he's such an unprofessional **** for retiring after the 2nd set", how about thinking "Man, what a hero. Despite obvious injury he fought hard and gave the paying spectators a good second set when he could've simply retired down 1-4 or lost tamely 1-6. If that doesn't show utmost respect towards the normal people that used their hard earned money to buy a ticket, I don't know what does"Your way on people and players is always so negative and grim. Always looking to tarnish their reputation for absolutely no reason.

good point.

moreover he gave all us a chance to green out with this comeback from 4-1 in 2nd set

everyone should blame his green for losing, not murray

Report jin_kazz May 15, 2013 8:38 PM BST
*greed
Report aaronh May 21, 2013 10:38 PM BST

May 15, 2013 -- 10:11AM, Srichaphan or Ancic? wrote:

You don't understand tennis at all! He was playing this tournament for a bit of practice, he retired because he wanted to celebrate this evening, and he faked an injury so that he had an excuse. That is what I think, and so I will say it, whether it offends you or not.

ttt

Report AyersRock May 21, 2013 10:52 PM BST
I wonder if soa has any stats on the number of times he's been wrong and failed to acknowledged it.
Report ;[p May 21, 2013 11:01 PM BST
Laugh nobody is always perfect and correct Happy

( expecting edy pop out immediately saying :no no soa is ALWAYS prefect and correct)
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? May 21, 2013 11:12 PM BST
He retired when he was playing fine with no signs of injury. Ask yourself why instead of ridiculing he people who criticise him for it.
Report AyersRock May 21, 2013 11:20 PM BST
no sign of injury? what was the mto for?
Report aaronh May 21, 2013 11:23 PM BST
SorA has psychic powers and can tell how a player is feeling
Report aaronh May 21, 2013 11:23 PM BST
Murray sure is odd, withdrawing from a slam just so he can pretend he has this fake injury still
Report AyersRock May 21, 2013 11:27 PM BST
Maybe soa doesn't like Murray because he doesn't loo Iranian enough for him Laugh
Report aaronh May 21, 2013 11:31 PM BST
Laugh

SorA has always been a Murray hater
Report caramba May 21, 2013 11:45 PM BST
don't mention certain nationalities. we wouldn't want this thread deleted.
Report ArmchairIdiot May 21, 2013 11:45 PM BST
...when he's not running round his flat with a pair of skiddy union jack y-fronts on his head, while cross burns on his towerblock balcony.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? May 21, 2013 11:47 PM BST
It is obvious. Murray realised that he had been caught out retiring so that he could have his birthday party, and now he has pulled out of the French Open to make the injury look genuine.
Report edy May 21, 2013 11:49 PM BST
Yes, and you of all people called aaron a troll earlier today. Seriously, with the amount of nonsense you pull out of your hat every day, you're the biggest troll around.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? May 21, 2013 11:50 PM BST
Edy you gullible fool.
Report edy May 21, 2013 11:50 PM BST
That's not a nice thing to say
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? May 21, 2013 11:50 PM BST
if you are gullible and a fool, it is perfectly reasonable.
Report aaronh May 21, 2013 11:50 PM BST

May 21, 2013 -- 5:47PM, Srichaphan or Ancic? wrote:

It is obvious. Murray realised that he had been caught out retiring so that he could have his birthday party, and now he has pulled out of the French Open to make the injury look genuine.

LaughLaughLaugh

SorA must be fishing us, people aren't really this blinded by hate are they?

Report ;[p May 21, 2013 11:53 PM BST
LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report ;[p May 21, 2013 11:54 PM BST
murray is like mike tyson, wasting millions for birthday parties
Report edy May 21, 2013 11:55 PM BST
Of course he is fishing/trolling. Has supposedly been following tennis very closely for years, has the guts to tell others they don't understand tennis at all, but wonders why an Aussie got a WC into RG. Then, oh surprise, comes up with a completely wrong reason for it.

Fishing and trolling, that's what it is.
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? May 22, 2013 12:00 AM BST
Murray has taken some time off so that he can have some fun with his beau.
Report aaronh May 22, 2013 12:01 AM BST
all those iranian shirtless men have gone to his head edy
Report ;[p May 22, 2013 12:08 AM BST
no mobile app yetSad
Report aaronh May 22, 2013 12:09 AM BST
Cry
Report AyersRock May 22, 2013 12:10 AM BST
i do love a good conspiracy theory
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? May 22, 2013 12:22 AM BST
When the rat hits the fan. Poor old Lloyd and Castle.
Report ;[p May 25, 2013 2:24 PM BST
soa you little gambling genius. murray apparently spotted training without sign of injury on grass and with big smile.according to daily mail
Report smb360 May 25, 2013 4:32 PM BST
The Daily Mail? In that case there was probably a story on the opposite page about how clay gives you cancer.
Report ;[p May 25, 2013 5:57 PM BST
no shyt,and i thought dailu mail is the voice of reason in this rothen celeb media world
Report AyersRock May 25, 2013 5:59 PM BST
AyersRock 21 May 13 23:03 Joined: 27 Oct 11 | Topic/replies: 1,991 | Blogger: AyersRock's blog
if he wins wimbledon this year it will be the shrewdest decision in tennis in recent years, pulling out of a slam that is by far on his worst surface to win the prestigious tournament, he is definitely worth backing more so at wimbledon now, not easy playing back to back slams for anyone and he'll be the most fresh

lol i heard on radio yesterday he's practising on grass alreadyCool

the other 3 will have to make a quick transition form clay to grass and will no doubt go deep into the french, murray is a shrewdie
Report ;[p May 25, 2013 6:03 PM BST
something must had gone wrong if no 2 in the world skipping slam event to prepare for another tournament.. this aint right .boooo murray
Report AyersRock May 25, 2013 6:13 PM BST
hes never won a clay tournament, why out your body through that for two week and then play wimbledon not long after, he can win wimbledon this year and then bother with the french next year
Report caramba May 25, 2013 6:20 PM BST
Lendl used to skip Roland Garros to fully focus on Wimbledon.
Report edy May 25, 2013 6:30 PM BST
Murray's lower back has been flaring up from time to time for years now, especially on the slower, higher bouncing surfaces.

He didn't want it to get even worse (and risk his chances at Wimbledon) by grinding it out for hours at RG on a type of surface that's traditionally been bad for his body. Having a practice hit on grass with a young one is hardly comparable with the stress the French Open would've put on his body.

Of course being able to spend more time on the grass is a nice bonus.
Report ;[p May 25, 2013 6:44 PM BST
i dont buy it. top event of the year and he skipping it  with some minor reason because cant see himself  as a challenger,thats not sign of champion mentality.i cant imagine him winning wimbledon(lol) with such a mindset
Report AyersRock May 25, 2013 7:08 PM BST
it's called intelligence p, nadal skipped the Australian Open even though he was fit, but he knew he wasn't fit enough to win, so why would he have put his body through that and hinder his recovery, since then he's been in 7 straight finals, won 5, and you wouldn't call nadal someone whose lacks winning metality
Report ;[p May 25, 2013 7:23 PM BST
nadal was fit? dont be ridiculous. he was out for 8 months he wanted to play ,skipped because he wasnt fit .it s totally different situation to giving up like murray. its like acknowledging that top players are better than him, how on earth can he fight with them, is he that superior to them on grass? lol. murray hasnt got bag full of slam trophies to give up on reasonable  opportunity for fighting for one.
Report AyersRock May 25, 2013 7:32 PM BST
lol you really think he couldn't of played australia, played 2 weeks after it started in chile,he knew he couldn't coompete with djokovic and the like, so he could of played but not at his best, like murray now

its now about being that superior on grass- its the fact hes alot better on grass than clay,
Report ;[p May 25, 2013 7:43 PM BST
lol he was out for 8 months why you comparing this situation to murrays nadal also skipped us open
Report AyersRock May 25, 2013 7:45 PM BST
He said he was playing oz and then he pulled out again, he kept delaying his comeback becuse when he came back he wanted to be at his very best, like murray now, he doesnt want to play in a slam where hes not at his best, he knows what it takes to win one and knows his own body, anyway if he does win wimbledon, it'll be a great decision

murrays had this back problem for years
Report ;[p May 25, 2013 7:47 PM BST
he wasnt very best at chile ffs what are you dwelling about he just started  his match practice and lost to zebbalos , murray is in full season swing. its incomparable
Report AyersRock May 25, 2013 7:53 PM BST
exactly, he wasn't at his best for chile or australia, but he took part in chile becuase taking part in austrlia at his level of fitness wouldnt of been worthwhile, he didnt take part becuase he knew he couldnt win it

like murray not taking part at the french becuase he knows with his back issue he cant win it

this is simple stuff
Report ;[p May 25, 2013 8:00 PM BST
what ? lol murray is ok nothing wrong with him minor problem he could deal with it, he is in bad spot mentally thats all he will not do anything at wimbledon you will see,doesnt matter grass or whatever
Report AyersRock May 25, 2013 8:08 PM BST
great quote, "he will not do anything at wimbledon you will see"

Cool saved
Report ;[p May 25, 2013 8:09 PM BST
he is running away of his bad form it will catch him anyways ,its very bad attitude ,if he thinks he will be safe at wimbers hes very much wrong
Report AyersRock May 25, 2013 8:13 PM BST
how do you know? it hasnt happened yet, he's got a better chance of winning wimbledon than radwanska anywayWink
Report Has this ever happened before? May 25, 2013 8:19 PM BST
murray was practicing on the grass at roehampton yesterday

will be primed come wimbers
Report ;[p May 25, 2013 8:35 PM BST
why you bringing radwanska in to this, lack of arguments maybe?
mentality in tennis is main part of the champion ,there is plenty of skilled players who cant sustain level because they have weaker mental side more than physical. you are concentrating on physical aspect of murray absence im concentrating on mental side  maybe thats why you cant understand my point of view. im murray fan got many battles about him on fora in past , you fighting for him ,thats nice(or maybe u just fighting about your theory that murray will be more prepared therefore more dangerous , i dont know) but it does not change situation murray is now in. ok yes i agree he will be better prepared of course ,but mentally he will be weaker  in the same situation,physically best players will match him anyways, mentally (his bigger weakness ) he will drop even more and thats his issue against top players.
have good day
Report AyersRock May 25, 2013 8:44 PM BST
LaughI thought the radwanska part would get you going

I understand fully you think murray is not taking part in the French Open due to his mentality,  but this is a player whose played in the last 3 grand slam finals winning one and the olympic gold too - nobody has a leg to stand on when they question his bottle - his proven mentally he has it, im concentrating on his physical state becuase its that which is prevalent here -  his mental state is not.
Report ;[p May 25, 2013 8:52 PM BST
murray is a mug.

did that get you going?   LaughLaughLaugh

lol lets leave it there ,everything what should be said was said, word fencing not for me anyways wish andy best of luck etc,just dont think it will happen again in nexzt two slams etc, he was in last 3 finals where nadal was injured btwWink
Report AyersRock May 25, 2013 8:55 PM BST
if he thinks he has no chance of winning the french, he would withdraw every single yearLaughLaugh
Report ;[p May 25, 2013 9:06 PM BST
obviously thats the difference in his mind set at this moment ,doesnt look goodSad
Report AyersRock May 25, 2013 9:15 PM BST
yes with lendal's broguht into help his mental side its really going the other wayPlain accept he's not fit enough to compete and stop clutching at straws
Report ;[p May 25, 2013 9:23 PM BST
it was going right way but in last half of the year doesnt looking that good tbh, skidding down imo, maybe injuries maybe something else maybe mayb,e but it looks like slump to me where nadal for example gains his spot again
Report AyersRock May 25, 2013 9:31 PM BST
the stats dont back you up

a fully fit murray wouldnt pull out
Report aaronh May 25, 2013 9:52 PM BST
;[p • May 25, 2013 5:57 PM BST
no shyt,and i thought dailu mail is the voice of reason

Laugh
Report smb360 May 25, 2013 10:36 PM BST
edy made the most important comment here:

Having a practice hit on grass

Withdrawing from a two week bo5 tournament doesn't mean you're going to completely stop training, and with the clay season effectively over (as regards tournaments Murray would actually play in) any training he does from here on is obviously going to be on grass.
Report Ozmugpunter May 25, 2013 11:28 PM BST
Crunchy Granoller Sweet
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? May 25, 2013 11:34 PM BST
yes thats me a gambling genius
Report aaronh May 25, 2013 11:39 PM BST
Srichaphan or Ancic? 25 May 13 23:34 Joined: 18 May 03 | Topic/replies: 41,827 | Blogger: Srichaphan or Ancic?'s blog
yes thats me a gambling genius

Srichaphan or Ancic? 18 May 13 00:21 Joined: 18 May 03 | Topic/replies: 41,827 | Blogger: Srichaphan or Ancic?'s blog
I have Denmark finishing in 13th place.

Report AyersRock May 26, 2013 12:29 AM BST
check out soa bull**** on the champions league thread, worse than sir bond
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? May 26, 2013 12:49 AM BST
You mean my bet on bookings, which won?
Report AyersRock May 26, 2013 12:56 AM BST
Srichaphan or Ancic? 25 May 13 20:31 Joined: 18 May 03 | Topic/replies: 41,826 | Blogger: Srichaphan or Ancic?'s blog
What a nice match for me - just one booking and no goals!

thee were 3 bookings and 3 goalsWink
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? May 26, 2013 12:58 AM BST
That was posted at HT, you twit.
Report AyersRock May 26, 2013 1:00 AM BST
and? you posted nothing after  apart from "i won again"

everyone's a winner, what a plum
Report edy May 26, 2013 1:02 AM BST
Woooooooohooooooooo, I learned a new word. Twit, such an awesome mix of tit, twat and twig Love

Thanks Sora!
Report Srichaphan or Ancic? May 26, 2013 1:04 AM BST
you didnt know that word?!
Report edy May 26, 2013 1:06 AM BST
No, never spent too much time looking up informal british english words to describe myself Sad
Report aaronh July 7, 2013 7:42 PM BST
ttt
Report AyersRock July 7, 2013 7:52 PM BST
;[p 25 May 13 20:00 Joined: 03 Nov 07 | Topic/replies: 45,474 | Blogger: ;[p's blog
what ? lol murray is ok nothing wrong with him minor problem he could deal with it, he is in bad spot mentally thats all he will not do anything at wimbledon you will see,doesnt matter grass or whatever

Laugh
Report caramba September 20, 2013 8:42 PM BST
Murray going to extreme lengths to make this fake injury from May look legit.
Report AyersRock September 20, 2013 8:59 PM BST
pLaugh

"he will not do anything at wimbledon you will see,doesnt matter grass or whatever"Laugh

queensLaugh
wimbledonLaugh
Report edy May 14, 2014 11:19 AM BST
just a little bump for the 3rd most legendary thread of the forum
Report caramba May 14, 2014 11:20 AM BST
If only this match had taken place tomorrow Cry
Report Mike-lfc May 14, 2014 11:38 AM BST
was just about to say his birthday is tomorrow. Then i saw it's from last year. Laugh Great that someone bumped it.
Report SIR_Bond May 14, 2014 11:39 AM BST
remember this he retired after winning the set Cry
Report Mike-lfc May 14, 2014 12:14 PM BST
nah actually. ill wait
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com