Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FelipeMassa
20 Jan 13 08:54
| Topic/replies: 75 | Blogger: FelipeMassa's blog
Do you think there are people courtsiding at the Australian Open? How can these guys be 5 seconds ahead? Are there some super quick feeds that I don't know of?
Show More
Report caramba January 20, 2013 8:59 AM GMT
no courtside possible in slams with the exception of Wimbledon (betfair banned in USA and France and in-play betting online not allowed in Australia).
Report AyersRock January 20, 2013 9:04 AM GMT
of course you can courtside anywhere - doesn't matter if betfair is banned or not. as those beating the delay will know,
Report DStyle January 20, 2013 9:11 AM GMT
i think the point is that it's clear that the scoring information and bets are having to go through a fair few more diversions than they would if the tournament were being held elsewhere.
Report FelipeMassa January 20, 2013 9:36 AM GMT
a fair few more diversions? I guess if they are courtsiding they would use a proxy / vpn? what other diversion?

Anyways how can you be sure there are acually people betting from the stadium? Maybe they have some satellite feed that has very little delay ? I read before that there are feeds with just 0,5 seconds delay.
Report AyersRock January 20, 2013 9:42 AM GMT
radio
Report DStyle January 20, 2013 9:58 AM GMT
i meant that the information has got to get to them from australia and then they have to get their bets to australia.

cf. betting from one of the apartments which overlooks the queens club.
Report FelipeMassa January 20, 2013 2:51 PM GMT
i get tilted when i watch this guy racking up all the money. I try hard for a small edge, this guy is just collecting. overstaked, nice
Report jin_kazz January 20, 2013 4:01 PM GMT
you just want to do the same
Report DonNo1 January 20, 2013 4:23 PM GMT
Make an absolute fortune even after 60%.  The guy with the hacked scoreboard interests me, insider job?
Report Darlo Bantam January 20, 2013 7:04 PM GMT

Jan 20, 2013 -- 8:51AM, FelipeMassa wrote:

i get tilted when i watch this guy racking up all the money. I try hard for a small edge, this guy is just collecting. overstaked, nice

The first few matches there was no liquidity and it was hard to get matched. Now there's one guy who is filling the market with tens of thousands of pounds on both sides and so it's impossible to get matched unless you take bad prices.

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com