Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
good value losers
16 May 12 21:38
| Topic/replies: 20,119 | Blogger: good value losers's blog
according to twitter

peer SEETHING
Pause Switch to Standard View azarenka gawn
Show More
Report bob.vegas May 16, 2012 10:41 PM BST
gawn?
Report coast May 16, 2012 11:06 PM BST
She is a total disgrace
Report good value losers May 16, 2012 11:09 PM BST
no, the people who set up this system of mandatory tournaments, penalties and etc are the disgrace.
Report jimmy69 May 16, 2012 11:09 PM BST
No. She is the disgrace.
Report kiwipirate May 16, 2012 11:09 PM BST
Hello GVL

Just had a meeting with my co-pirates on our island to discuss
your selection of word GAWN.

GAWN is usually a common misspelling or typo for GAIN, GOWN, YAWN, GOWNS,
FAWN, GNAW, AWN, GAWK, GARN or GNAWN.

My co-pirates and myself believe that you wanted to say GOWN.

Based on Peer's fashion sense, I am not surprised.
Peer to be appointed soon the new face of Victoria's Secret LaughLaughLaugh
Report good value losers May 16, 2012 11:12 PM BST
holy crap have you been to the jimmy69 school of phorum banter? Cry
Report YOMOMMA May 16, 2012 11:14 PM BST
she always pulls out of tournies or retires in matches, should have known better i just backed her for 100.
Report ;[p May 16, 2012 11:14 PM BST
no, the people who set up this system of mandatory tournaments, penalties and etc are the disgrace.

was hoping she was seething about noise level Sad
Report bob.vegas May 16, 2012 11:17 PM BST
peer SEETHING

wont she play instead?
Report kiwipirate May 16, 2012 11:18 PM BST
As for Azarenka she will be enrolled in a crash course of good manners

Lesson 1 Say Please and Thank You
Lesson 2 Be Polite
Lesson 3 Raise Your Hand
Lesson 4 Follow Rules
Lesson 5 Share with Others
Lesson 6 Take Turns
Lesson 7 Listen to Others
Lesson 8 Compliment Others

Guess it is going to take 6 months LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report good value losers May 16, 2012 11:24 PM BST
YOMOMMA     16 May 12 23:14 
she always pulls out of tournies or retires in matches, should have known better i just backed her for 100

only her second this year tbf, and none in running
Report ;[p May 16, 2012 11:25 PM BST
lol she might layed herself in the outright only then
Report YOMOMMA May 16, 2012 11:27 PM BST
still more than most and last year she pulled out of loads.
Report jimmy69 May 16, 2012 11:29 PM BST
Awful woman...she knew she wasn't going to play the next match. They'd put her out on Court 2 for a  match she was never going to play...
Report good value losers May 16, 2012 11:31 PM BST
it's a plot to get woz out of a top 8 seeding for roland garros Devil if na li reaches the rome sf then woz drops out of the top 8 Grin
Report jimmy69 May 16, 2012 11:36 PM BST
She only played to avoid a zero pointer...
Report kiwipirate May 16, 2012 11:38 PM BST
GVL

Who is jimmy69 school

We do not have schools on our island.
We live in an open minded community surrounded by natural beauty.
We are self-made people and specialize in the sale of kiwi fruits.
My wife Alvilda and my son Benito oversee the kiwi production, while
some of my senior pirates and myself take our ship The Rage of the Shark
every day to sail to the nearest wi-fi spot to connect to Betfair.

On our way home we usually capture a Spanish, British or French ship
sell the bounty to refurbish our betfair bank when needed.

You should come to our island in the near future. It is like a dream come true.

All the girl play tennis by the way. When they reach a certain level, we
register them with the WTA and then they start to play in futures, challengers
and eventually the big one. Petra Cetkovska is our most successful talent.

Have a Kiwi GVL and be happy
Report good value losers May 16, 2012 11:41 PM BST
;[p     28 Apr 12 23:12 
foggini cant be underestimated he is solid player with touch of occasional briliance,and on the surface he had some semi decent results(memorable win on one broken leg against montanes to get to the quaters of RG last yr)

kiwipirate     28 Apr 12 23:34 
Fognini did not have a broken leg.
Stupid comment.
Get your act straight.
Report kiwipirate May 16, 2012 11:48 PM BST
I think the retirement of Azarenka goes back to her previous
match, the one before Peer. Cannot remember who it was right now.

At the end of warm-up, Azarenka returned to her seat and before
sitting down, she kicked her huge name plate several times and
it ended up under her bank.

I do want to say any more about it.
Report kiwipirate May 16, 2012 11:49 PM BST
* DONT want to say any more about it
Report aaronh May 17, 2012 2:59 AM BST
Report the silverback May 17, 2012 9:04 AM BST
So did the organisers have some info she was going to pull out so scheduled her on court two. Or did she pull out because she was scheduled on court two?
Report jimmy69 May 17, 2012 9:19 AM BST
The former I suggest...
Report edy May 17, 2012 9:19 AM BST

May 16, 2012 -- 5:36PM, jimmy69 wrote:

She only played to avoid a zero pointer...

She wasn't the first and won't be the last.

Enable the players to commit to their own tournaments of choice, or at least once and for all get rid of back to back masters/premier mandatory tournaments with maybe the exception of the Indian Wells/Miami duo (which is what the ATP should've looked at years ago instead of taking the best of 5 finals away) you wouldn't have players like Azarenka pulling stunts like this. Or at least it would happen less often.

Report DStyle May 17, 2012 9:56 AM BST
we can all be grateful that the number 1 ranking and the interest it attracts, has stopped her telling her camp and acquaintances she's starting a match with no intention of completing it and then inventing a fake injury after going a set up and retiring.

whilst i'm with jimmy that her actions here are pretty awful it is preferable to the other scenario.
Report jjjjj May 17, 2012 10:08 AM BST
what is the reasoning she gave?
Report DStyle May 17, 2012 10:08 AM BST
and it's not as though vika played some highly competitive matches in madrid. they were all very one sided.

unfortunately it's the infectious influence of the williams sisters again where conditioning is more about not playing tournaments than being able to commit to a schedule.

whilst we shouldn't expect the same power from the women as the men, we should at least expect similar levels of conditioning at the very top of the game. former champions like graf and navratilova were perfectly capable of it.
Report edy May 17, 2012 10:09 AM BST
shoulder injury, jjjjj
Report jjjjj May 17, 2012 10:11 AM BST
pathetic
Report edy May 17, 2012 10:46 AM BST
I'm ok with the route Azarenka went. As DStyle mentioned she could've pulled off one of your old tricks, or simply lost the match against Peer yesterday or Cibulkova today. Though to be honest losing against Peer would've taken a hundred times more of an effort than winning 2 and 1, as sad as that sounds for the israelian.

It's not fair towards the tournament to enter it without any intent to compete, nor is it fair for Parmentier who would've come in as a lucky loser (premium VIP special super lucky loser as it would've been against Peer), but from a betting perspective it was as straight a way as she could've gone if she was never going to compete (though I know this is exactly what DStyle is bemoaning - a top player skips a week, a tournament she committed to without having played a remotely taxing schedule in Madrid). Far less money is going to change hands from the outright than it would have with an intentional loss.

No idea if the WTA could do anything to prevent stuff like this, the roadmap obviously doesn't work as intended. That was already pretty clear after Serena's 2009 clay season.
Report edy May 17, 2012 10:57 AM BST
But maybe it isn't, or shouldn't be, the WTAs job to do anything at all. Maybe it should be the coaches responsibility to form their players into competitors who won't do stuff like that.

Just like it isn't the WTAs job to outlaw grunting that's louder than a starting airplane.
Report good value losers May 17, 2012 11:02 AM BST
it is the wta's responsibility because they set up the roadmap that creates situations like thi.s of interest to me if i might paste something i posted on another fred ...

good value losers     17 May 12 10:03 
noTry     17 May 12 09:59 
cause she was again scheduled to play Cibulkova in a parking lot like in Miami...

ah but the interesting question is was this scheduled out there because the organisers already knew? and if they did how did they keep a lid on it so the market didn't know? azarenka markets have a history of drifting before wds.
Report edy May 17, 2012 11:10 AM BST
The roadmap does support players entering tournaments without the intention of winning it, as without it and it's penalties Azarenka and other top players would pull out before it starts.

So you have to wonder what's in the better interest of a tournament like Rome. A big name in Azarenka who plays a night match, or Parmentier and Peer slugging it out and the tournament then getting one additional match of the winner of Peer-Parmentier against Cibulkova. I'd say the solution with Azarenka playing one match, maybe her having an autograph session too, is more attractive for spectators and the tournament.
Report jimmy69 May 17, 2012 1:27 PM BST
..and boy do they need some...
Report jimmy69 May 17, 2012 1:30 PM BST
The organisers already knew that Azarenka was going to pull out. Why else would she be put out on Court 2...
Report the silverback May 17, 2012 3:54 PM BST
If the organisers knew, then you would think Peer knew, or at least heard a whisper.

Was schedule confirmed before or during the Az v Peer match?

How can you play a match in those circumstances?
Report good value losers May 17, 2012 3:57 PM BST
today's oop was online before the match, with her on ct2 vs cib, match marked as possible court change, as was na li's. speculation of wtaworld was if aza had played today the match would've been swapped with na li's.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com