Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GeorgeBrush
04 Aug 12 03:08
| Topic/replies: 60,779 | Blogger: GeorgeBrush's blog
I never imagined you'd see these prices, but hey, might as well take advantage

Tomorrow I think he will romp home. Shortening all the time. Jeilan who beat him in 10000 last year didn't even qualify.

Nice hedges against your spoty bet are available.  I'm not sure he'll even shorten that much tomorrow if he wins.... but then there will be a week of anticipation for a price collapse if he wins the 5000 (which of course he did in Deagu)
Pause Switch to Standard View Mo Farah for SPOTY express train
Show More
Report GeorgeBrush August 4, 2012 3:14 AM BST
Today even
Report hemsby August 4, 2012 4:02 AM BST
I wonder what the success rate is of trains started between 1AM to 4AM ? I'm on anyway  Cool
Report GeorgeBrush August 4, 2012 9:45 AM BST
lol hem, 9.45 now and no regrets yet Grin
Report hemsby August 4, 2012 9:50 AM BST
Ibuprofen and dark glasses?
Report GeorgeBrush August 4, 2012 9:51 AM BST
Just couldn't sleep rather than booze. Up all night thinking of new money making wheezes Wink . Actually it was the 30s still available on Farah that was keeping me awake Laugh
Report hemsby August 4, 2012 9:55 AM BST
Fair enough Del Boy.....my excuse was I was just back from a hard days graft......2hours 45mins to be precise Blush
Report GeorgeBrush August 4, 2012 9:57 AM BST
I like the fact he only flew back from the training camp the other day. The London air will seem like high octane fuel, and the crowd will give him a second a lap
Report hemsby August 4, 2012 10:08 AM BST
Will be very interesting to see where his price settles at if he does pull off the double.At the risk of upsetting the cycling aficionados ,I would consider it a greater achievement than Wiggins TDF/Gold Medal.I know the award of SPOTY has virtually nothing to do with personality,but he is a very likeable man,and perhaps that could negate any unfortunate negative he must overcome.
Report Asparagus Man August 4, 2012 10:14 AM BST
He looks an attractive price, but he is about 6 for the double gold - he has to get both to be a contender I think.

Guess the question is what is the pricing if we get Ennis gold (currently 1.2), Farah double (currently 6) and Muzza gold (currently 2.3)
Report GeorgeBrush August 4, 2012 7:54 PM BST
He's shorter than 6 for the double now
Report Cider August 4, 2012 8:02 PM BST
Related contingencies in any case as his 5k price will shorten considerably if he wins tonight.
Report Cider August 4, 2012 8:05 PM BST
I took 6-1 on the double so hopefully he can run to potential and will see how the 5k market shapes up if so.
Report GeorgeBrush August 4, 2012 8:13 PM BST
Very good price
Report Cider August 4, 2012 8:16 PM BST
Only if he wins tonight Silly
Olympics not gone as well as I'd hoped, so far. Team GB cyclists killing me!
Report TheMadness August 4, 2012 8:17 PM BST
Don't think he'll win SPOTY even if he breaks records
Report GeorgeBrush August 4, 2012 8:18 PM BST
Virtually evens now tonight if you want a hedge
Report GeorgeBrush August 4, 2012 8:18 PM BST
He's far more voteable than Wiggins imho TM
Report Cider August 4, 2012 8:20 PM BST
Thanks to the fella who tipped Rutherford on my deleted fred @20-1 it's got a bit better Cool
Report Cider August 4, 2012 8:23 PM BST
Mo has a fairy tale story will be a big deal if he doubles.
Report TheMadness August 4, 2012 8:36 PM BST
Ennis will do well.
Report TheMadness August 4, 2012 8:37 PM BST
There's something appealing about a guy called "Bradley Wiggins" being our greatest olympian though
Report GeorgeBrush August 4, 2012 8:38 PM BST
Won't be come the Keirin race Wink
Report Cider August 4, 2012 9:15 PM BST
Mo sweating up a touch!
Report hemsby August 4, 2012 9:29 PM BST

Aug 4, 2012 -- 8:20PM, Cider wrote:

Thanks to the fella who tipped Rutherford on my deleted fred @20-1 it's got a bit better

Cool n1 Cider.

Report Cider August 4, 2012 9:46 PM BST
bosh Cool
Report hemsby August 4, 2012 9:47 PM BST
It's MOBOT time !!!
Report johnnyrant August 4, 2012 9:50 PM BST
Never in doubt, was it? On big for the Farah double.
Report GeorgeBrush August 4, 2012 10:02 PM BST
Mo for spoty
Report GeorgeBrush August 4, 2012 10:03 PM BST
got my six year old daughter up. Tears were shed!
Report Asparagus Man August 5, 2012 12:00 AM BST
WD to those on the double, but the SPOTY market very unimpressed - still available in high 20s - looks like a straight Wiggo / Jess fight.
Report GeorgeBrush August 5, 2012 9:26 AM BST
Early days Silly
Report Meat Loaf August 5, 2012 9:57 AM BST
I can't belive the price he has been the last few days. I too have taken advantage. I still think he is a massive price I expected him to be about 10ish not 20ish.

If he wins the 5k I make him favourite for this award. But if he doesn't win the 5k we may as well have chucked our money down the drain But can he win the 5k? He had a "easy" race last night as it was a slow run race and he goes into the 5k with a favourites chance.

I do think there is another candidate for SPOTY lurking outside Wiggins, Ennis, Farah & Murray (did I really say Murray!)
Report GeorgeBrush August 5, 2012 9:59 AM BST
Although the 10k was amazing it was always going to be a little lost yesterday. Th 5k won't be.  Plus I'm seeing a lot of comments that the final lap of the 10k was the greatest moment of a great day, with everyone screaming at the telly.
Report GeorgeBrush August 5, 2012 10:00 AM BST
The 5k will be faster, but he won that in Deagu after people said he shouldn't even enter
Report Meat Loaf August 5, 2012 10:02 AM BST
I was out on the fizz all day yesterday George. I have just scrolled through my facebook wall and have around 10 statuses about Farah but only 2 against Ennis.
Report GeorgeBrush August 5, 2012 10:06 AM BST
Did you watch it live meaty?  Would have been good in a pub.  I was bricking it went he had to go out by himself, but they couldn't live with him this time
Report Meat Loaf August 5, 2012 10:11 AM BST
No didn't see it George. Probably the weakest 10k race at a major final for the last 20 years but Joe Bloggs doesn't realise that. 5k looks a little stronger on paper but I expect Farah to win.

Wiggins has no more events this year other than the World Champs where Britain will try and get Cavendish a victory. It would eb nioce if Farah showed up at the Great North Run - more publicity Silly
Report GeorgeBrush August 5, 2012 10:35 AM BST
Cav has no chance according to my cycling chums - course too hilly
Report hemsby August 5, 2012 11:07 AM BST
Ennis had the advantage yesterday of actually having her medal ceremony as a culmination to a fantastic day.She certainly has the advantage also re newspaper front pages.Obviously Mo has to win 5000 Gold to have a chance,but I also think that prices hovering around 20 are huge,and have topped up again.I actually felt a touch sorry for Rutherford that his awesome Long Jump Gold was sandwiched inbetween two iconic British Olympic moments.
As a side note,Britains football team getting eliminated on penalties on such a remarkable day of success......you really couldn't make it up Laugh
Report GeorgeBrush August 5, 2012 11:09 AM BST
I guess Rutherford don't mind. In many years he'd be 1.8 for spoty, this year he's 1000
Report GeorgeBrush August 6, 2012 12:03 AM BST
This is the week of Mo. Be nice to have twitter numbers from last night, I feel he stirred the nation far more than Jess. Shortening on his medal ceremony, back on Wednesday for the heats, and then another glory on Saturday touch wood
Report Meat Loaf August 6, 2012 9:48 AM BST
What price do you think he will go to if he wins the 5k George. I was thinking 3.0ish?
Report GeorgeBrush August 6, 2012 9:53 AM BST
Not immediately, but I think the reaction in the following week would drive him that way when people thought about the abiding memory of the games. He is our final shot at gold I do believe
Report Asparagus Man August 6, 2012 10:40 AM BST
I disagree here on the Farah price if he wins 5k.

He can't go to 3.0 as he will remain the outsider of the 'Big 3'.

Be more like 8 or 9?

If he does he will probably take out of the Wiggo price more than Jess, but I would say Mo winning the 5k harms Jess' chances of winning SPOTY?
Report GeorgeBrush August 6, 2012 10:52 AM BST
Depends on the reaction. I think so far punters have misjudged the reaction to him winning the first leg as it was inevitably buried under a mountain of other news
Report DickyM August 6, 2012 4:13 PM BST
I watched the last few laps of the 10K with my son on my mobile, in the middle of a field amongst 9000 people at an outdoor 'battleproms' concert. (Very poor timing - arranged by the Missus)
It Was a surreal experience watching the race against a background of a Beethoven Symphony occompanied by 200 field cannons and fireworks going off as he ran into the finishing straight.
At the end of the performance, the compere said 'I have an important announcement to make.. Mo Farah has just won the Gold medal'
cue lost of cheering and flagwaving. Strangely no mention of Jess
Report GeorgeBrush August 6, 2012 6:49 PM BST
I have this impression Mo won the battle on Saturday night. Only anecdotal evidence so far. I will canvas a few more people
Report donny osmond August 6, 2012 11:42 PM BST
farah in a battle with wiggins for who deserves it most

that isnt what wins it, that will be decided by chatty man, johnny woss and graham norton

and of course by constant ramping on sky news/sky sports for a month before spoty
Report GeorgeBrush August 6, 2012 11:47 PM BST
Mo already has Saturday night TV form OC
Report GeorgeBrush August 11, 2012 8:18 PM BST
Mo wins this. HTH
Report Meat Loaf August 11, 2012 8:18 PM BST
George and I are on the train. Get on soon at 3.5 - still a great price imo!
Report hemsby August 11, 2012 8:19 PM BST
If he doesn't win now it's a travesty.
Report GeorgeBrush August 11, 2012 8:25 PM BST
Well I predicted it pretty well so far Meaty Cool. he'll still be looking up ar Wiggo on the spoty podium, but only because wiggo is 2 foot taller. Mo will be standing on the highest box
Report redbag August 11, 2012 8:41 PM BST
gb knows Cool
Report GeorgeBrush August 11, 2012 8:47 PM BST
27 when I started this Shocked  I got some 40s
Report redbag August 11, 2012 8:51 PM BST
i took 30 this week it was rude not to..if i only played on spoty every year id be a rich man but you do the same as me mate its all about knowing when to back and lay
Report GeorgeBrush August 11, 2012 9:16 PM BST
Mo an insane price here. Reality surely hits later this week
Report Meat Loaf August 11, 2012 9:18 PM BST
I just couldn't believe his price after winning the 10k. I don't intend laying off at the moment. When is SPOTy this year? Hopefully this will pay for xmas Excited

Still think there is one 999/1 shot who could be a good bet to lay option.
Report GeorgeBrush August 11, 2012 9:20 PM BST
Time you spilled the beans meaty Wink
Report Meat Loaf August 11, 2012 9:23 PM BST
All in good time George!
Report hemsby August 11, 2012 9:25 PM BST
Para (nap)
Report five leaves left August 11, 2012 9:26 PM BST
Nice train GB Cool
Report HU4ROLLZ? August 12, 2012 12:13 AM BST
Great tip, great thread. To those suggesting Farah should be favourite now are simply wrong. Wiggins' achievement was far greater just winning the Tour De France. And if that wasn't enough he proved that he didn't need Froome (one of the reasons stated as to why the Tour De France was not a huge achievement) by smashing him in the time trial. I don't think you give enough credit to the public - they watch the tour de france (the chatter notably grew this year). Great runs by Mo but Wiggins smashed it.
Report GeorgeBrush August 12, 2012 12:16 AM BST
Babies coming HU4 Wink  I think I used to live in HU4
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com