Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
gresty241
28 May 11 10:39
| Topic/replies: 3,299 | Blogger: gresty241's blog
and a very long road it will be!
baku, anybody going?
will the armenians be present?
will italy finish last this time and not compete in 2013?
will s club seven represent the uk?
will anybody notice that isreal is not in europe?

Happy
Pause Switch to Standard View Eurovision 2012 - The road starts...
Show More
Report hemsby May 24, 2012 2:52 PM BST
Hope so..have a soft spot for the singer,she looks so cute,I just want to pinch her cheek and say "awwww" Blush
Report hemsby May 24, 2012 2:52 PM BST
Facial cheek that is.
Report bexley May 24, 2012 2:52 PM BST

May 24, 2012 -- 8:48AM, five leaves left wrote:

ok cheers mate.The reports were pretty good. I'm tempted to have a nibble on it to qualify.The juries tend to give a couple of western europeans a boost and there aren't many to pick from in this semi.Surely the Dutch will qualify one year

The juries didn't do too much for Belgium in semi 1... Even Portugal has a better chance with the juries than this piece of kitsch

Report hemsby May 24, 2012 2:54 PM BST
Would be better if it didn't look like she had had a row with the band though...why so far apart? And no background pictures explaining the ludicrous Head Dress thing.
Report five leaves left May 24, 2012 2:57 PM BST
lol hems. Same here...and not just her facial ones.

I was going to mention Belgium Bex. Watching the semi it stood out as a piece of simple charm amongst much of the nonsense that come before it.
Much like Switzerland last year.
Being followed by Finland. Another piece of simple charm and not more ESC nonsense may have damaged both of their chances
Report five leaves left May 24, 2012 2:59 PM BST
Portugal is worthless, unimaginative piece of tripe and if that qualifies I'll be throwing things at the t.
Report five leaves left May 24, 2012 2:59 PM BST
tv
Report bexley May 24, 2012 2:59 PM BST
Netherlands is worthless, unimaginative piece of tripe and if that qualifies I'll be throwing things at the t.
tv
Laugh
Report five leaves left May 24, 2012 3:00 PM BST
Laugh
Report ClayDavis May 24, 2012 3:15 PM BST
What price do we think Sweden will go off at on Saturday? I reckon 8/11 with a prime draw.
Report five leaves left May 24, 2012 3:19 PM BST
Just watched Netherlands.
Aww she's cute...and to use jr's phrase, she 'gives great camera'

I also think her being of Turkish decent could give her a small boost.

Just as I've always thought that Cyprus will be helped out by the Greek diaspora vote.
Report five leaves left May 24, 2012 3:21 PM BST
descent even
Report bexley May 24, 2012 3:23 PM BST

May 24, 2012 -- 9:15AM, ClayDavis wrote:

What price do we think Sweden will go off at on Saturday? I reckon 8/11 with a prime draw.

I'd say  a lot lower. I'd lump on now just in case

Report Dizzy42 May 24, 2012 5:59 PM BST

May 24, 2012 -- 7:48AM, bexley wrote:

May 24, 2012 --  1:44PM, popking wrote:Ok, question for you.  How many countries are you happy to pop in your EW (win and top 4) portfolio.  Obviously, the more you have, the more outlay there is and so potentially more than one would need to place if there was not a winner among them.So, do you just go for 2-3 of your strongest, and know that one placing is good enough, or would you rather spread across say 6-7 but needing a couple in the top 4 to turn a nice profit.(I am assuming the likes of Norway, Spain, Germany and others at similar prices which represent good EW value)No more than 2 is what I have done in the past. If you need more you don't really have a clue and should be leaving well alone, just imo

Ha, ha! You're probably right Bex, but my scattergun approach has a reasonably good record in the Eurovision, even if I am following other people's judgement more often than my own!

Report squares May 25, 2012 11:03 AM BST
SCowell v keen to take charge of the UK entry next year, has offered his services to the Beeb.

Plain
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 11:28 AM BST
TBF I wouldn't mind him doing it. As long as he had a decent panel of judges and he was just the Producer

We'd probably have a better chance of sending a song and an artist that more accurately represents contemporary British Music.
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 11:33 AM BST
For starters we might have a panel of judges that don't include John barrowman
Report squares May 25, 2012 11:35 AM BST
he'd probably want someone like Ronan singing something very similar to Unchained Melody Plain
Report squares May 25, 2012 11:36 AM BST
with Ashleigh & Pudsey doing the hucklebuck in the background.

Grin
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 11:40 AM BST
Laugh could be a winner.
Report honestcl May 25, 2012 2:17 PM BST
Go with Cowell and we'll end up with a decent but not great Leona Lewis type of singer/song and finish a decent but not great 6th and the staging will be decent but not great. 

I think you get my drift!
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 2:22 PM BST
The 1st rehearsal for the final is off and running, but no sound or pics in the press centre for the 1st few songs
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 2:22 PM BST
We need our Greek mate in the arena, but his livefeed just keeps buffering for me.
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 2:28 PM BST
Eurovision tv have a rolling blog of sorts.

First to perform was Engelbert Humperdinck from the United Kingdom, and the world-renowned star confidently performed his ballad Love Will Set You Free in front of a dark backdrop. When the lighting scene went brighter, a classical dance couple and a guitar player become visible.

Hungary was next, with their band Compact Disco, singing Sound Of Our Hearts. This time, the lead singer wore a new outfit - a leather coat with an orange lining.

Third on stage was the charismatic Albanian singer Rona Nishliu with her melancholic ballad Suus. With her strong voice, she already convinced the audience of the First Semi-Final, and today she delivered yet another flawless vocal performance.

Donny Montell, the Lithuanian representative, then entered the stage, and fitting the lyrics of his song Love Is Blind, he was wearing a blindfold. The versatile artist showed an elaborate choreography for this song, which includes a change of tempo in the middle.

The fifth song was a ballad, called Korake Ti Znam, performed by Maya Sar from Bosnia & Herzegovina. She was all alone on stage, first sitting at a piano, then standing up and walking to the front. With her clear voice, she conquered the hearts of the audience in the arena.

Buranovskiye Babushki, or just "the Russian grannies", as they are commonly called in the press centre next to the Baku Crystal Hall, kept singing and dancing around a smoking furnace, in which they prepared cookies. Of course, the audience was eager to join their Party For Everybody.

Never Forget is the title of the Icelandic entry by Greta Salóme & Jónsi, and with the cool stage lighting and the heartwarming performance of the duo, it's indeed a song that you never forget!

With La La Love, a commercial dance song, Ivi Adamou from Cyprus then literally set the stage on fire. She performed on a bench built from books, and four backing dancers added to the energy conveyed by this entry.

The second Big-5 entry comes from France, and Anggun performed Echo (You And I) in an elegant golden dress, while her backing dancers showed what were probably the most artistic moves in this Final. They lifted Anggun, and one of them even performed a somersault.

L'Amore È Femmina, the Italian entry, was well performed by extravagant-looking Nina Zilli: She wore a short silver dress, and a light blue headdress. With her brilliant vocals, she gained a big applause from the press audience.
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 2:32 PM BST
..and AKOE, starting at Lithuania and posted by Johnny's conquestLaugh

Lithuania - we now have a feed of sorts back and just caught very end of Lithuania, 5th in the running order but still having technical difficulties with the picture. We can at least hear now

Bosnia and Herzegovina - Maya in long black sparkly dress. This song on gets going for me when she stands up from the piano to sing latter part. She looks great on screen and last camera shot. Hard to judge as part of running order as we missed the previous songs. Don't see it doing much.

Russia - the same routine from semi final and still the most endearing thing you will see on screen this year i reckon. Makes a big impact coming on after Bosnia. The close camera work on little granny is genius as she is by far the most sought after and famous of the Babushkie This draw has given Russia a great chance now as it is the first upbeat song of the final in 6th place in the running.

Cyprus - Casual clothes for Ivi and the gang. The main thing that strikes me about her performance is how much she is enjoying herself whilst she performs and this translates through the screen to the viewer and will hopefully encourage people to pick up the phone. I have heard Ivi give a better vocal performance but as long as she is saving it for tonight and tomorrow night I think we can see a very favourable result for Cyprus.

Iceland - Rehearsing in casual clothes. This is still a strong powerful vocal performance - will it's draw after Russia affect it's chances? I hope not as it is still a top 5 contender for me.

France - 2nd of the big 6 entries. Anggun is in dark gold sparkly bodice with chiffon floaty skirt and still has the whispy attachments for the gymnasts to play with during the performance. The slow motion shot did not happen in this rehearsal but the final shot with the wind machines blowing the chiffon scarves up in the air looks good. I just feel this performance has been messed around with too much and there is a bit of overkill. They have concentrated on the performance and not the song.

Italy - Nina Zilli is on stage in her silver sparkly dress and has bright blue hair up on top of her head. I actually think this is some form of setting her hair for tonight's dress rehearsal. Nina is definitely not giving this performance 100% but she doesn't have to. We are still suffering link problems and this has been interrupted several times. I have no doubt Nina will be brilliant tonight.

Estonia - Ott is in casual clothes but I actually think this dark jeans and dark jacket with white t-shirt is a better look than his waistcoat ensemble. Sound has gone again so no idea which one of the 11 versions of this song he is currently singing. Stiull think this will do well.
Report stu May 25, 2012 2:47 PM BST
no idea which one of the 11 versions of this song he is currently singing

Laugh I had similar thoughts after going through the rehearsals and semi performance! My missus laughed when he suddenly shouted for the first time in the semi, not sure if that's good or bad!
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 3:11 PM BST
Yep, I thought big note near the start sounded totally out of place. The final 2/3 were great tho.

More from AKOE. Breaks after Norway & Sweden helps their backers.

Norway - Tooji on stage in casual clothes but we have no sound. I feel he needs to improve his vocal performance but very hard to judge today. This is definitely one of the dance routines that has improved the most since rehearsal day 1. Tooji certainly knows how to work the camera. Some very dreamy looks down the lens to the voting public at home.

I do apologise for the lack of clarity in this blog - i am struggling against a very poor link to the press centre affecting sound and vision

Green Room Break

Azerbaijan - Sabina is in her stage dress. White and floaty with feathered shoulders. Lights are projected onto the dress thus changing it's colour during the performance. She hit a very dodgy top note during this performance but apart from that gives a confident and assured vocal. I am still not convinced that the man singing in the second half doesn't take away something from this song but I am sure Azerbaijan will be very proud of her on the night.

Romania - another good contrast to the ballad from Azerbaijain. Without doubt one of the most upbeat and fun dancy tunes in the contest. This had the arena jumping in it's semi final. All in casual clothes for today's rehearsal. Elena sounds a little bit out of breathe over the microphone today. 14 is a good draw for this song - I want it to do well.

Denmark - Soluna is in a grey casual suit and large neck scarf today and has her hair up in big loose curls. I really like this look for her. Gives the song more of her own personality. First time I have seen her perform without the hat. I imagine all will be as was for toinght's jury final though. She looks relaxed and confident. Perhaps I have just totally let this song pass me by as have never really felt it's appeal but it made it to the final and a good draw in position 15.

Greece - It is definitely the catchy uptempo tune that gives Greece it's appeal this year as the performance I  find messy and out of tune in many parts. I can't help but compare it to Cyprus and I think Ivi does it much better. The Greek dance performance is not as tight and the vocal far poorer but they also have a far more favourable draw in the final. May Greece take points away from Cyprus?

Sweden - Loreen gave one of her best performances last night and it got a massive reaction in the arena. She looks far more confident on the stage now than she had done in earlier rehearsals. Perhaps the pressure to qualify when she was the out and out favourite had been affecting her a bit. Looks great today on screen. This still top 5 potential for me.

Break - and the annual wave to Lys Assia in the audience

Turkey - by far the biggest reaction we have seen so far in the arena when they performed last night. The golden envelope was a massive anti climax as everyone in the hall knew it contained Turkey - This song is going to get nearly as much support as the home country of Azerbaijan. I like this ethnic song but the performance is definitely even better than the song and puts Turkey in with a good shout of a top 10 finish. I actually began to wonder last night whether this could be a dark horse for the win???

Spain - gorgeous ballad from Pastora. Stands out greatly against Turkey. We really do get a far better mix and contrast of songs in the latter half of the draw than the beginning and this could really benefit Spain. Pastora is in long pale blue floaty dress. Her long high note is totally stunning. and the yellow/orange lighting really helps build this song to it's terrific climax. Should put Spain in top 5 . Great reaction in press centre.

Germany - Roman Lob wearing brown trousers, white t-shirt and navy shirt. Still has the beanie hat on - a good look I feel. This is such a simple song and performed with ease which i feel is part of it's charm. Roman's eyes are gorgeous and he makes the most of them with his smouldering looks down the camera. This song could quietly pick up points from lots of countries and sneak up past some of the favourites.
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 3:12 PM BST
Greece - It is definitely the catchy uptempo tune that gives Greece it's appeal this year as the performance I  find messy and out of tune in many parts. I can't help but compare it to Cyprus and I think Ivi does it much better. The Greek dance performance is not as tight and the vocal far poorer

Totally agree with Elaine here.
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 3:14 PM BST
eurovision.tv

With his slow and soulful ballad Kuula, which is sung entirely in Estonian language, Ott Lepland will try to conquer the hearts of tomorrow's viewers of the Grand Final. He performed on a dark stage which brightened up during the act, accompanied by a female backing singer.

Then it was time for Tooji from Norway, who, together with four backing dancers, performed his intoxicating dance song Stay. Will the TV audience tomorrow dance along with him?

After the commercial break, it was time for the host country Azerbaijan's entry When The Music Dies, which has been written by Swedish authors. Sabina Babayeva performed in a elegant beige dress. She was accompanied by Alim Qasimov, a famous mugham singer who also sang during the opening act.

It's all about Zaleilah, Mandinga's very special dance, in the Romanian act. On stage the good-looking singer is joined by a cheerful band, and a lot of motion is displayed on the LED backdrop, including drums, hearts, and dancers.

Soluna Samay from Denmark today performed Should've Known Better without her sailor's hat, and she seemed to be saving her voice for the Jury Final tonight, and for the big show tomorrow.

The Greek entry, Aphrodisiac, is a catchy ethno-dance song with a fitting dance routine, and of course a wind machine is there as well! Eleftheria Eleftheriou was flirting with the cameras, and she surely has the most skimpy dress of the whole show!

Euphoria is the title and theme of the Swedish entry, performed by Loreen, and with her outstanding performance and choreography, she is surely capable of creating euphoric feelings with the viewers.

After a very short break, it was time for the Turkish entry Love Me Back, performed by Can Bonomo. This ethnic and musical-esque act, including a ship built from cloth as a part of the choreography, will definitely be well received by the local audience on Saturday.

Now it was time for a ballad again: The Spanish entry Quédate Conmigo (Stay With Me), superbly performed by Pastora Soler on stage whose colour changes from blue to rose during the song. Pastora is first alone on stage, but for the climax of the song he is joined by her five backing vocalists.
Report bexley May 25, 2012 3:16 PM BST
Nice so Tooji last to perform before the break...
Report bexley May 25, 2012 3:18 PM BST

May 25, 2012 -- 9:12AM, five leaves left wrote:

Greece - It is definitely the catchy uptempo tune that gives Greece it's appeal this year as the performance I  find messy and out of tune in many parts. I can't help but compare it to Cyprus and I think Ivi does it much better. The Greek dance performance is not as tight and the vocal far poorer Totally agree with Elaine here.

Agreeing with Elkaine lol she's the worst pundit on AKOE in fact on any ESC site - what did she get in semi 2  5/10?

Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 3:26 PM BST
Even a clock is right twice a day Laugh

I find it hard to see how anyone looking at the 2 performances objectectively, wouldn't find Cyprus a much slicker and professional looking performance than Greece and the knicker flashing.

ofc Greece has the better draw and a guaranteed diaspora vote. I still feel Ivi could benefit from that vote too and I reckon will do better with the juries.
Assuming she sings it as well as she did in the semi
Report timbucktooth May 25, 2012 3:29 PM BST
Top 3 market now open
Report popking May 25, 2012 3:29 PM BST
I think Greece was streets ahead of Cyprus on Tuesday, and I don't see why it won't be the same come the final.
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 3:30 PM BST
Fair enough pk.
I couldn't disagree more. Even Dan was impressed.
Report popking May 25, 2012 3:35 PM BST
I do like the record, but you compare the live performance and it really did fall short for me.  If that was improved, then I'm not sure how bad the rehearsals were.  I was expecting Greece to be car crash too, but actually it was well sold.  I honestly think Greece will be easily top 10, and Cyprus could be bottom 6.
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 3:35 PM BST
what I wouldn't disagree with is that Eleftheria is a very charming performer.
I just feel it's let down by rather sloppy and messy dance routine and the lack of any real 'theme' to the staging
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 3:46 PM BST
eurovision.tv

This Is The Night - that's what Kurt Calleja from Malta probably thinks about tomorrow's Grand Final. His performing skills and his catchy song already convinced the viewers of the Second Semi-Final.

With her extraordinary voice and personality, Kaliopi from F.Y.R. Macedonia will definitely not go unnoticed in the Grand Final. She delivered yet another stirring performance of her rock-ish song Crno E Belo.

Time for familiar faces! Jedward, the Irish twins that already took part last year, were back with Waterline, the performance of which included a water fountain on stage. If you haven't watched the First Semi-Final, look out for their changed hairstyle!

The 24th entry came from a true Eurovision legend, Željko Joksimović. He sang his powerfull ethno-ballad Nije Ljubav Stvar together with two violinists, a drummer, a flutist, and a piano player. Will he achieve another top placing for Serbia? We shall find out tomorrow.

Ukraine, one of the two host countries of the UEFA Euro 2012, was next, represented by Gaitana and Be My Guest, a song that could as well become the anthem for Europe's biggest football event. In front of the backdrop, four smaller LED screens were additionally used, displaying dancers.

The lucky one to perform last is Pasha Parfeny from Moldova, singing his catchy entry Lăutar together with five backing artists, who also showed one of the most distinct choreographies of the whole contest. Look out for their colourful dresses in the Grand Final!

The interval act of the Grand Final will be Emin, an Azerbaijani pop singer who will definitely make the audience go crazy on the big night!
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 3:48 PM BST
missed Germany

20th to perform on stage was Roman Lob, representing the 2011 host country Germany with the relaxed pop song Standing Still. As usual, he was wearing a hood - this time a grey one. Together with his band, he gave a convincing performance without special effects.
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 3:56 PM BST
AKOE

Malta - probably the surprise qualifier from last night and one of the favourite qualifiers of last night. This was definitely his Night and a great song to have in the final. Kurt has definitely provided us with the dance routine of the contest and many press and fans can be witnessed doing it in the Euroclub every night. A draw towards the end of the final is great for Malta coming after 2 ballad type songs. Let's hope this picks up points and gives them a good result. Deserves to. I am still not keen on the small solo for the female backing singer - never seems to be in tune but a good relaxed performance in casual wear for Kurt.

Macedonia - delighted for Kaliopi and Macedonia. First time in the final for 5 years and what a draw they have been given. 22nd out of 26 - they must be in dreamland. Kaliopi is a tremendous performer and deserves a good result. I just wish the song appealed to a wider demographic as she really could figure highly in the top 10 with cracking performance.

Ireland - well the boys got a cracking draw. On near the end of the final with the best finishing shot in the competition. Jedward are performing in their final costumes. They are still performing with hair down. This definitely gives the fun element to the end of the draw. There was no fountain involved today and it shows how important to the performance it is as the routine looks messy and disjointed without it. Hard to judge this afternoons performance as it is about the effects and the energy. Will give 100% on the night be in no doubt!!!

Serbia - Zeljko could not have asked for a better draw. Position 24 after the madness and chaos of Jedward with a stunning Balkan ballad. One of the biggest contrasts in the competition weighing heavily in Serbia's favour. This performance is in casual wear today and still looks stunning. Will be amazing on the night - may have to provisionally book my room in The Park Hotel, Belgrade again. I would be delighted to head back there.

Ukraine - big dance number now with Gaitana. Full of energy and colour. Hr dancers also give 100% which adds to the appeal and performance of this track. Singing better rather than shouting today too. Casual clothes for this performance. I imagine this will be in the top 10 on Saturday night.

Moldova - what a draw for this over the top fabulously camp number. Great song to end the final. I just wish one of these last uptempo numbers was in positions 2 or 3 just to split up the slow beginning to the final. Moldova could do really well due to being on last. I hope so as Pasha is a great performer.

Now i seem to have about 8 predictions for the top 5 which poses a problem. As there were so few in stage costumes today and no special effects, and add to that the technical difficulties we had, my top 10 could be way off and change later in the day but at present in no particular order I see the following 14 countries vieing for top 10 places

Russia, Serbia, Ukraine, Iceland, Spain, Germany, Italy, Turkey, Sweden, Romania , Cyprus,Cry UK, Ireland, Azerbaijan
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 3:57 PM BST
btw our Greek mate live now.
Hopefully he'll stop talking soon and replay the rehearsal
Report bexley May 25, 2012 4:03 PM BST
With two songs tying for tenth place in the Second Semi-Final, under the current rules of the contest the song that received votes from the most number of countries is deemed to take the higher position. If that also turned out to be an identical number, then a countback system of the number of 12 points, the 10 points etc would come into consideration.
Six out of ten songs agreed by juries and televoters

The results of the Second Semi-Final also showed a greater difference between the juries and the televoters than with the First Semi-Final on Tuesday.

Last night saw the jures and televoters agree on six of the ten songs that qualified for the Final. Of the other four songs, two were put through to the Final thanks to the juries, and two were saved thanks to the votes from the televoters.

Since Semi-Finals were introduced in 2004, there has always been a clear cut top ten every year. However last year saw the closest results so far, when in both Semi-Finals the tenth and eleventh places were separated by a single point. Last night saw a first for the record books with the tie-break rule being used for the first time.
Report bexley May 25, 2012 4:04 PM BST
bet Slovenia was tied 10th
Report bexley May 25, 2012 4:04 PM BST
probably with Macedonia as Malta was clearly well up the list Laugh
Report Corbyguy May 25, 2012 4:30 PM BST
Am I the only one who is amazed at how really short the odds are for Sweden for the win? If Eurphoria had been the entry for The Czech Republic would the odds still be as short as they are for the win? I don't think the odds would be that short and still would not be the lead favourite if it were represented by The Czech Republic. Hungary won the OGAE vote last year with a dance song but its odds were not that short a price but would it have been the short priced lead favourite last year if it had been represented by Sweden instead of Hungary? I do feel that the represented country does take a major roll in the betting price and the popular the country the shorter the price for the win will be. I do not believe that Eurphoria would be short priced if it were represented by The Czech Republic, or by say Slovakia, or Macedonia etc. but because it is represented by a very very popular Euroivision country indeed.
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 4:51 PM BST
Hungary was a mess live.
Altho Kati's vocal wasn't bad on the night, it never had the haunting power of the recorded version.
Even more importantly the staging was p1sspoor and lacked any invention or energy.
Kati wasn't particularly telegenic either.
Report stu May 25, 2012 4:56 PM BST
bet Slovenia was tied 10th

Yep...grrr....
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 6:03 PM BST
Our greek friend playing the rehearsal now.

On Italy. She looks a fookin mess to me
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 6:20 PM BST
Ott still going for that big note early on for some reason. The rest was excellent though.
I still fancy this for top 10.

Romania very good vocal today and the singer looking very hot in her jeans.
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 6:22 PM BST
Denmark very lacklustre.
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 6:23 PM BST
she looks much better in her casuals than she does in her silly outfit
Report popking May 25, 2012 6:23 PM BST
I have 14 songs in the mix for the top 10 places, and Denmark is not one of them.  15th for me, and only that high thanks to Juries.
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 6:25 PM BST
It was one of my favourites before the contest. It's gone backwards during the run-up tho.
Johnny hinting that she's not feeling great
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 6:27 PM BST
Greek totty sounding ok, in between the freezing of the feed. The routine still looks disjointed to me.
Report popking May 25, 2012 6:28 PM BST
I hope Estonia can squeeze in, but have it 12th in my predictions at the moment.
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 6:32 PM BST
looks like we're going to miss sweden.
I hope the feed is back in time for pastora tobring the house down
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 6:33 PM BST
Did you see what Nina was wearing by way? Very odd wig. I reckon she's taking fashion tips from the Albanian singer
Report popking May 25, 2012 6:35 PM BST
She looks a mess.  It's a lay for top 10 for me, and if she manages to beat Spain, Germany for top big 5, I will scream.
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 6:38 PM BST
Same here. It's a song I do like, but given the draw and the increasingly odd presesntation, I can't have it getting close to winning.
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 6:39 PM BST
blooming frustrating that the feeds gone.
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 6:41 PM BST
The Greek contingent have clearly gone for a long lunch given how poorly it is doing in the journos poll
Report popking May 25, 2012 6:46 PM BST
I like the song, yeah - probably wouldn't make my top 10 either though.
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 6:47 PM BST
Will have to be some Jam on BBC2 instead
Report popking May 25, 2012 6:50 PM BST
I'm not sure Greece was ever going to do well in the Journos poll.  I'll be surprised if it's not in the shake up though.
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 6:52 PM BST
Greece usually does well. They must send a big press pack
Report five leaves left May 25, 2012 6:52 PM BST
I've laid it for top 10 anyway.
Report popking May 25, 2012 6:57 PM BST
Yeah I know, and I am not sure the draw helps it.  I am not on for top 10, I probably should have got on when it drifted after the bad rehearsals though.
Report George Bailey May 25, 2012 8:06 PM BST
Last night saw the juries and televoters agree on six of the ten songs that qualified for the Final. Of the other four songs, two were put through to the Final thanks to the juries, and two were saved thanks to the votes from the televoters.

Not sure where this was from but what does it mean? 6 juries/PV agreed? Agreed exactly e.g. the one top of PV was top with juries? Suggests that the top 6 last night were fine with both.  Augers well for Sweden where some thought there might be a disconnect??
Report Sekt10ned May 25, 2012 8:09 PM BST
I think it just means that the bloc voting and the jury opinions differed more strongly last night and that's why we had some 'surprises'. If you took the top ten list of both the public and jury vote 6 were in both top tens.
Report popking May 25, 2012 8:10 PM BST
No, it means that 6 of the same songs featured in both top 10's.  So for example Sweden could have been 1st with televotes and 10th with Juries and would still count as 1 of the 6.
Report bexley May 25, 2012 8:10 PM BST
No George just that for 6 songs they were in both the top 10 of jury and televote
Report bexley May 25, 2012 8:10 PM BST
beaten to it Cool
Report Corbyguy May 25, 2012 8:14 PM BST
A second place in both jury and televote tomorrow night will still win over a 1st and 10th place with both of them.
Report popking May 25, 2012 8:16 PM BST
2nd place in both would almost certainly, agreed.  I am not convinced Sweden can place as high as that though - there are some rumours suggesting she was not in the top 3 in the Jury votes for the semi.  Yes, I know there are always rumours - but this particular one would not surprise me too much tbh.
Report Corbyguy May 25, 2012 8:25 PM BST
I am still divided by Sweden after last nights performance whether it will or won't win. The camera angles did not come across right in places and when the snow came down the camera was looking towards her from her back and side. Would have been more promising if was looking from the front. The sound wasn't too good either and she sounded as though she was singing whilst chewing something. It didn't do anything for me and it has to look good and sound good to make me take notice. Maybe i need to get my eyes and ears tested.
Report George Bailey May 25, 2012 8:39 PM BST
Thanks for explanations. Yes a lot more questions over Loreen than over Rybak at same stage/similar odds (?).
Report MilanBarosh May 25, 2012 8:42 PM BST
although i see Sweden as the probable winner...it is by no means a penalty kick...we get the Euphoria chorus and a few other words can be heard but a lot of the lyrics are incoherent for me, especially when she's on the floor mumbling away like a retard...it could almost be a scene from a stage opera.
is this what the people want to see and here?...after all this is eurovision on a saturday night/sunday morning and not the Royal Albert Hall on a sunday evening.
Report squares May 25, 2012 8:46 PM BST
Laugh
Report attitude adjuster May 25, 2012 9:12 PM BST
Which bit of the song do you think sticks in the viewers' memory?
Report George Bailey May 25, 2012 9:28 PM BST
You can ask the same question about them all. There have been recent winners like russia and serbia I can't recall till I see them again but I understand why they won when I do.

Its about the whole package and this is a weak year.  Even the half decent ones (including Loreen) are a bit of a curate's egg.
Report squares May 26, 2012 8:48 AM BST
TBF, pretty good article in the RP today.

Top 4 winners and draws from the past 7 years.

Amusing guide to each song.

Tips:
Germany 40/1
Russia 13/2
Malta ew 150/1

Moldova top 10 9/4
France top 10 14/1

also a good word for Ukraine and Serbia.
Report bexley May 26, 2012 9:05 AM BST
Well I for one never imagined I would be getting matched at 120+ on Norway. Some of the odds this year are utter madness.  A slightly weak vocal perhaps on jury perofrmance and 40 points drift - for this type of song it doesn't matter. Was Eric Saade some kind of vocal god? must have been to get his jury result last year then Devil
Report bexley May 26, 2012 10:40 AM BST
and I'll wager Milan and Honestcl didn't see France being just about favourite..... for LAST PLACE Laugh
Report MilanBarosh May 26, 2012 11:41 AM BST
France won't be last bex and you should not mock people's choices so...France does have a good song it's just not working out on stage for some reason.
Malta is my tip for last.
Report bexley May 26, 2012 11:49 AM BST

May 26, 2012 -- 5:41AM, MilanBarosh wrote:

France won't be last bex and you should not mock people's choices so...France does have a good song it's just not working out on stage for some reason.Malta is my tip for last.

Milan I'm not mocking your choice although I admit it may read that way to you. I'm just expressing my surprise at how things are looking very different today from how I had been hoping/expecting them to be, and I'm sure that's the same for others.

France's odds seem to reflect a consensus of a weak jury vocal, a very strange choice of stage performance and a very tough section of the draw. I quited like the song but I have to agree with those who can see it much nearer last than first.

Report bexley May 26, 2012 11:50 AM BST
I really wish there was a way I could have a match bet with you Malta v France Cool
Report MilanBarosh May 26, 2012 12:00 PM BST
Cyprus v Iceland...how would you have priced that up early doors bex ?
Report bexley May 26, 2012 12:03 PM BST
Iceland would have been about 1/5. It still is in my opinion although the bookies disagree
Report MilanBarosh May 26, 2012 12:12 PM BST
the only match bet i'm involved with is Azer v Ukraine (aka the insurance bet)...how Ukraine ain't 1/3 against that entry gawd only knows Devil
Report J.O.TOBIN. May 26, 2012 12:15 PM BST
Seems to be that most of us are in agreement about Sweden now. Its just a shame the agreement is that we havent a clue how it will doCry With Serbia you can say well with the juries and lots of neighbourly support top 4 yes Russia badly in the jury vote storms the public one top 4 yes Sweden wouldnt suprise me where ever it finished though Im more tempted by 6/4 3rd to last than 1/2 1st or 2nd.
This morning has been all about selling the UK performance on whatever market I could, think it struggles to beat 20 points personally Stan really have their head on the block with this one.
Report seanvice May 26, 2012 12:15 PM BST
Ive been laying Azer top 10. Its a pathetic song which should get lost in lower mid pack in both jury and televote.
Report bexley May 26, 2012 12:18 PM BST
Yes I'm incredibly frustrated I can't get on with any of thess mickey mouse firms for a decent anti-uk punt. Hills I got some on but not nearly enough
Report MilanBarosh May 26, 2012 12:26 PM BST
seanvice..."Ive been laying Azer top 10. Its a pathetic song which should get lost in lower mid pack in both jury and televote."

i layed Azer too @1.5 top 10 but i backed it back and lumped it on Ukraine v Azer in the h/h...i think the 'match' a safer bet, as then i'm not hoping other countries do not have nightmare performances and phuck-up the top 10 gig...good luck.
Report bexley May 26, 2012 12:53 PM BST
Rob's selections up at  http://www.entertainmentodds.com/
Report duffy May 26, 2012 1:29 PM BST
just looked through them without knowing the betting to get an unbiased view.....russia are the fly in the ointment aren't they, something you'd see as a daft BGT entry, could get a stack of points or be tailed off, on balance you've got to oppose as 2nd favs........the best song by a long way for me is germany, 40's is very nice, saver on romania, very catchy and also on cyprus, that's it.
Report seanvice June 18, 2012 1:51 PM BST
Jury/televote split here!!

Italy and Spain both poor public vote, UK last with jury!! Ukraine flopped with the public.

Turkey 4th in the public vote!

http://www.esctoday.com/?p=36768
Report five leaves left June 18, 2012 2:32 PM BST
Cheers sean.

I'm surprised Spain didn't do better with the juries. No real surprise that the it didn't do great with the public. I think these type of power ballads are too old fashioned for the audience now.

Iceland flopped with both.

Romania 7th with public but a flop with the juries

Cyprus did ok with the juries, which doesn't surprise me. From a late draw it may have sneaked into the top 10.

The bloody juries did for my Switzerland bet in the semis.
Report five leaves left June 18, 2012 2:34 PM BST
Also Finland could have qualified with a better jury vote. Which for me it deserved.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com