Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ZEALOT
23 Apr 19 18:38
| Topic/replies: 8,991 | Blogger: ZEALOT's blog
Bizarre if true !!!!
Pause Switch to Standard View Is / Was Stephen Hendry James...
Show More
Report Latalomne April 23, 2019 6:46 PM BST
James is his nephew by marriage, yes.
Report moondan April 24, 2019 12:21 AM BST
very iffy but it was reported to be so,in the Daily Mail.

It seems even more unlikely because, no way would Hendry allow a close relative to risk life and limb passing those corner bags without safety ropes attached.
Ronnie said he gave them a very wide birth because he didn,t like deep and wide holes.
Hearn has his fingerprints allover this instruction and any class that was attached to the game is fast being removed by him and Davis.
Davis warned this morning that only the very fast players will survive in the modern game.

Soon the beautiful game will have as little class as Hearn himself.
Report thegiggilo April 24, 2019 12:26 AM BST
Good evening youngman good to see you about start posting again,could do with some snooker talk beyond the name that shan't be said..Grin
Report moondan April 24, 2019 12:56 AM BST
hi Giggs,

Good to see your about.

Over the next few days I will be about so be warned.LaughLaugh
hi Giggs,

Good to see your about.

hi Giggs,

Good to see your about.

Report thegiggilo April 24, 2019 1:02 AM BST
Nice one,havn't watched any of it yet watching the highlights same old buckets i see just crazy,i'e watched the snooker since 79 and i have lost total interest,these tables are interesting did you just see that pink cahill missed in the middle..I have noticed a few they are playing like club tables,big bags and they are turning with the nap,which you nevdr see on tv match tables i have seen at least three now where the object ball has turned in a couole of inches.
Report Fire-and-Ice April 24, 2019 10:02 AM BST
Off topic but does Cahill get any prize-money as an amateur?
Report Lufc86 April 24, 2019 1:54 PM BST
Yes
Report the stunning April 24, 2019 2:53 PM BST
Was interesting to hear him say he used to go to Hendrys house and play a bit when he was a kid but Hendry had no interest in helping him develop as a player....he sounded a bit miffed as to why he would not help him.Hendry never mentioned any of this while commenting on the game,I guess he feels it's best left alone.
Report wondersobright April 24, 2019 3:08 PM BST
seems strange

but that's their business
Report thegiggilo April 25, 2019 2:22 AM BST
moondan    24 Apr 19 00:56 
hi Giggs,

Good to see your about.

Any views on it outright,surely trumpets to lose this year certainly won't get a better chance,reckon he could play his mate in the semi have you backed dingy again..ExcitedGrin
Report moondan April 25, 2019 6:26 PM BST
Giggs.

I have given up on Ding so watch him pxss it.

I took some nice prices on Trump when he was behind in his last match and covered my rear on Williams.

No great faith in anyone as the tables are increasingly being dumbed down to a laughable point as the game is being betrayed for short term profit.
Report thegiggilo April 25, 2019 6:31 PM BST
Exactly what i did took the 15/2 i backed willias ages ago can't see that myself it's a total bore to be honest i don't rate any of them Trumps not even playing as well as he was 5 years ago but still looks the most likeliest me the longer the matches go the more certain i would be..
Report thegiggilo April 27, 2019 11:22 PM BST
Ding was dung and trump was **** both bottle jobs,two journeymen gilbert and wilson get through as well although no major surprise on these tables..
Report the stunning April 28, 2019 12:23 AM BST
Judd missed a great chance to open a big lead tonite.Still think he will come through with ease but needs to up his game to contend for the title.Draw has opened perfect for him as Maguire won't trouble him either and then most likely Carter in the Simi,who I think may be drained after having to qualify before arriving at the Crucible.
The top half at first glance looks to be The Thunders for the taking but I wonder has he peaked too soon.He is rightly favourite now but I think the winner of Hawkins/Wilson will give him plenty to think about.
Excellent first seven days,more of the same pleaseCool
Report peckerdunne April 29, 2019 1:20 PM BST
Great 7 days indeed, are you sure,the cut of these pockets like ive never seen, insane.

cant bear to watch snooker much these days, a fcuking joke it's become.
Report the stunning April 29, 2019 3:31 PM BST
Moan moan moanCryCry

I've enjoyed every minute I've seen,change the channel and don't watch it is an ideaCrazy
Report peckerdunne April 29, 2019 3:55 PM BST
Grin
Report moondan April 29, 2019 4:20 PM BST
Keep the game honest is the best way and everyone wins.

What is happening under Hearn instructions is the easing of pockets so as to supposedly make the game more exciting and deceive the gullible into thinking that todays player is much more skilful than those who went before.

Hearn has done some good things but he shouldnt be allowed to silence players who wish to voice their concerns about the obvious unfairness of easy pockets that are changed at his direction.
Report the stunning April 29, 2019 4:31 PM BST
Will ya stop Dan,these pockets are ultra tightLaugh.....tell us who plays in the final and will Ding take Judd tonite......Ding was always a favourite of yoursLove
Report moondan April 29, 2019 5:25 PM BST
Thestunning,

If Judd Turns up he will win and I will go another year getting it wrong,  But if Ding turns up he will be world champion and I only jumped ship because seeing him a 21s was a price much too good to ignore.
I have done well on cash outs this yearGrin

Its a big ask but he owes me plenty this past few seasons,  of course it could well be a minor shock this year, depends how **** the pockets areCryCryCry

Who will meet in the final ----that is my final secretLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report the stunning April 29, 2019 8:26 PM BST
Delighted you have been successful on the cash outs because it has never been good to me.I can only wish you luck on your quest to see Ding crowed world champion one day but for me he has missed the boat.He is now only a decent top 16 player,all the pressure to become the first world champion from China has weighed very heavy on his shoulders but what a player he has been,was lucky enough to be in the audience for a 147 he got and it was a joy to see his close control around the black,one of the best break builders I've seen.

Judd is now a more complete player than before,and with his new found dedication to the game has come results.Having opposed him for years I now think his time has come but of course Robbo is the man in form but can he keep it going?

Looking forward with interest to the final weekCool
Report thegiggilo April 29, 2019 10:56 PM BST
Bazzas bottlers Dingers dongers some things never change..
Report gobelins April 30, 2019 7:44 AM BST
While J.Cahill was playing the final session against S.Maguire, S.Hendry said he hadn't realised he was that good! It's like Cahill was just another lowly ranked player who Hendry hadn't seen too much of. From what little contact Hendry and Cahill must have had before Hendry left his wife, Hendry clearly had no time for him.
Report moondan April 30, 2019 1:13 PM BST
The stunning,

The cashout has done me, I had got 9-4 but like the idiot I am the 20s on Ding looked enormous so I took a profit on Trump and jumped ship. I wasnt in last night so it was a double disaster.

Mister Davis was asked this morning why the standard was rising and he answered that easier pockets and better players were the reasons.

Surely the fact is that had these tables been available to players of yesterday it would have allowed them to make good use of the buckets.

I wonder how Steves master will punish him when he gets home tonight. I would love to see it.....but on second thoughts I wouldntLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report the stunning April 30, 2019 3:13 PM BST
Unlucky on Ding but have to say he looks a player happy with his lot now,tick off odd win here and there but that's it in my view..I took the 6s on Judd before the off yesterday as thought the market was giving way too much respect to Ding,and I don't rate Maguire at all these days though is great player to watch when things are going wrong on himLaugh.

You still not coming round to Steve's logic regarding to the state of the game todayTongue Out
Report peckerdunne April 30, 2019 5:29 PM BST
No

What Davis said when referring to the breaks/tons records getting smashed

He said that there can only be two reasons for that,either the pockets are easier or the standard was going up.

His conclusion was the "standard is going through the roof in recent years".

JP later said that people who were thinking the pockets are generous are being proved wrong.

I'd like to ask them if they think John Higgins has improved no end in the last 5 years.

I'd like to ask them if they think Mark Williams will win more world titles as his game must also have improved no end last year being the proof surely.

I'd like to ask them if Stephen Maguire(getting hammered currently)has improved no end after 7 years without a world quarter final.

I'd like to ask them if they think Mr Cahill(dropped off the tour) has improved no end in recent times,and will he be ever a top 8 player.

I'd like to ask them if they think Gary Wilson has improved no end in recent years and will he be a top 8 player.

I'd also like to ask where is this Eastern Messiah they have been chuntering on about for years,surely they have had plenty of time now and are the ones pushing the standards through the roof.

I'd like to ask them when Dave Gilbert became a world champion contender and will he be a top 8 player.

I'd like to ask them why they keep saying it's a young mans game when all the old men keep gracing world finals.

I'd also like to ask why if standards are so,so high nowadays, have Judd and Ding not got one world Championship between them when they kept telling us these guys would both be MULTIPLE WORLD title winners.

It seems to me they have got very little right over the years Steve and JP.

I'D LIKE TO ASK DIRECTLY HOW THAT IS POSSIBLE
Report Latalomne April 30, 2019 5:34 PM BST
In JP's defence, he's only seen 8 matches in the last 12 months.
Report Latalomne April 30, 2019 5:42 PM BST

Apr 30, 2019 -- 1:44AM, gobelins wrote:

While J.Cahill was playing the final session against S.Maguire, S.Hendry said he hadn't realised he was that good! It's like Cahill was just another lowly ranked player who Hendry hadn't seen too much of. From what little contact Hendry and Cahill must have had before Hendry left his wife, Hendry clearly had no time for him.

You are aware of the story about Hendry's son getting done for drink driving and Cahill getting done for drink driving when going to the police station to pick Hendry's son up from said drink driving arrest? 

Suspect that might be something to do with the selective memory!

Report gobelins April 30, 2019 6:32 PM BST
No, I didn't know that Lata. Yes - that might explain it haha!

I did know that they were in some way connected/related, but as Cahill dropped off the tour, and the bits I read about him related to him not practising and going on the p1ss all the time, I didn't really look too closely at him.

It seems odd that the BBC would ask Hendry to make comments on him then if they are aware of how he feels.
Report moondan April 30, 2019 7:05 PM BST
I must say it did come over as strange that Hendry had never mentioned the connection but what you say makes sense.

I also think that Hendry did not want to be bothered with anyone with snooker after his career.
Report gjohn101 April 30, 2019 7:15 PM BST
Some pertinent questions there for sure pecker. I think its fair to say players can and do improve from time to time, or go other way as case might be, but agree with general thrust of your argument. Davis was also talking this morning of how unpredictable the q/f line up was (despite the fact that only G Wilson can be stated to anything more than a mild surprise) and how this provided further evidence of how much higher the standard was.

Some day somebody will do a ronnie and challenge him on his blatantly biased assertions and watching him gurn away as he does so will be simply delightful to behold.
Report wondersobright April 30, 2019 7:19 PM BST
I saw that comment by SD earlier

"its either the pockets are more generous or the standard is higher than ever before, and I suggest it's the standard"

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
is all I have to say to that
Report gjohn101 April 30, 2019 7:28 PM BST
It is a proper belter isnt it. Even better than his "i wouldnt even be in the top 20 if i was playing in todays game" of a few years back.
Report thegiggilo April 30, 2019 8:33 PM BST
How many centurys today what a joke...
Report thegiggilo April 30, 2019 8:33 PM BST
How many centurys today what a joke...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com