Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
cardifffc
22 Mar 16 14:16
| Topic/replies: 12,994 | Blogger: cardifffc's blog
has he left the bbc??
Pause Switch to Standard View players championship....how is...
Show More
Report theres only one best tonic March 22, 2016 2:38 PM GMT
Well he left his wife and kids so leaving the bbc is unlikely to worry him
Report gentlemanjohn March 22, 2016 5:19 PM GMT
Guess the beeb in its wisdom hasnt given him a full contract yet, so he's free to cast his net around. Willie appears to be in same boat as well. Have to wait for one of the old boys to pop their clogs, by which time there'll be no snooker left on the beeb anyway.
Report moondan March 22, 2016 6:15 PM GMT
I like the presentation, no fan boy nonsense just honest grownup opinion in fact its everything the bbc should be but isn't.

Hendry was never going to hide his contempt for Davis for long and I had heard Davis and his Parrot would have been on their way long ago if it was not for Hearn.
Report cardifffc March 22, 2016 7:12 PM GMT
Hendry and willie thorne best by miles.........
Report GRANTCKING March 22, 2016 8:58 PM GMT

Mar 22, 2016 -- 2:12PM, cardifffc wrote:

Hendry and willie thorne best by miles.........

exactly this

Report thegiggilo March 22, 2016 10:07 PM GMT
Only Hendry worth listening to the others are a waste of time,infact the sound gets muted when I watch snooker 99% of the time..
Report thegiggilo March 23, 2016 12:30 AM GMT
Hendry getting a 147 in a decider against o'sullivan to win 9-8 don't even remember it,different class LaughLaugh
Report moondan March 23, 2016 9:48 AM GMT
Just a thought, perhaps Hendry knows something we don't.

I think bbc contract runs out with Hearn next year and perhaps itv have a long term snooker plan and snapped up Hendry's services.

Regards Willie, he commentated for the bbc at the welsh championships and pretty sure he will be at the crucible .

I certainly hope the era of Davis/Parrot presenting is coming to an end, its tired and better suited to pre school kids audience and snooker gives us an adult view.
I don't want them to starve so would suggest " Jackanory" as a realistic level for their skills so will start a petition with long suffering snooker fans can sign.
Report gentlemanjohn March 23, 2016 1:20 PM GMT
Actually moondan the bbc have snooker until 2019 at the earliest and suspect they'll stay in the game while the price remains relatively low and hearn can be morally blackmailed into not doing the courtship dance with sky. They're committed to it, or to the world champs at least. Personally i dont mind that, although I hold the BBC most responsible for the decline of the UK Championships, the live coverage was shocking and unacceptable last year. Maybe Hendry does know something, but three years would be a long time to wait for whatever's coming, rather think he's just taking whatever work is available. As for Willie, yes he did the Welsh but wasn't Clive Everton on it too? Sounds a bit like just giving a few crumbs to some of the old lads while the others are kept in cold storage for Sheffield.
Report thegiggilo March 23, 2016 1:42 PM GMT
No chance of getting rid of davis and parrott number 1 fanboys vomit inducing clichés and hype,cannot stand the phuckers..
Report cardifffc March 23, 2016 4:41 PM GMT
gentle...........clive everton wasn't doing the welsh open
Report gentlemanjohn March 23, 2016 6:09 PM GMT
Ah my mistake cardiff, it was probably the German Masters he was doing, think that was on itv
Report cooperman12 March 24, 2016 2:56 AM GMT
Thorne and Clive Everton don't speak so you'll never find them in the box together.
Report Trainy March 24, 2016 12:31 PM GMT
snooker legend thats why and mcmanus must be having a break from punditry
Report moondan March 24, 2016 1:11 PM GMT
Gentlemanjohn

No need to apologise,   Willie Thorne did commentate on the welsh championships and as per usual did a classy job.

Because of the length of the World Championships its almost a given that both Willie and Hendry will be there.
Report moondan March 24, 2016 1:18 PM GMT
Forget that last comment, just getting old folks.

Clive had an accident while commenting for bbc and think relationship is strained for some reason.
Report GRANTCKING March 24, 2016 2:09 PM GMT
michael s ite is truely woeful at snooker
Report sammybizzle March 24, 2016 4:54 PM GMT
Two observations i've made so far about the tournament away from the table. The announcer for each match is literally the worst announcer I've had the displeasure of hearing. Not only is his voice so weak that it is impossible to hear what he is saying through all the clapping, but he also seems to think introducing the match by saying the first players name in the same tone and then shouting out the second player is a good thing? Just makes the first player announced less important.

And I know Phil Yates has been around a long time but he has gone from commentating mainly on the snooker shoot out and champions league but he is now on the tv tournaments more and i can't stomach his constant flavoring of words . Just talk simplistically sometimes! His commentating irks me.
Report tommo1000 March 24, 2016 5:07 PM GMT
ryan day reaching a new level of embarrassment,ffs son give it up and get a job
Report thegiggilo March 24, 2016 10:00 PM GMT
Standards improving according to loads on here,thats why all these 40 year olds are winning!!Shocked
Report Pandoras March 24, 2016 10:39 PM GMT
Not many jobs Day can earn £80-90,000 a year in. Distressing that he plays some shockers but someone has to lose.
Report pan07 March 24, 2016 11:42 PM GMT
dunn,milkins,dominic fckin dale dear god worse than the premiership
Report thegiggilo March 25, 2016 12:24 AM GMT
Decade 2010 to 2020 will be the forgotten era of snooker that's a certainty I've been watching since 1979 and I can't remember the last 6 years been diabolical...
Report hitman76 March 25, 2016 6:52 AM GMT
Murphy should win this on the bridle..
Report appformat March 25, 2016 8:04 AM GMT
most thought the same in last years Worlds final hitman..
Report hitmanhearn March 25, 2016 10:52 AM GMT
Yeah but there is something about the way Murphy is hitting the ball at the minute. Oozing class.
Report GRANTCKING March 25, 2016 1:43 PM GMT
ding taking a beatodwn here from the hawk
Report Addictedtowinning March 25, 2016 6:56 PM GMT
I like Hendry he says what he sees and he knows what he is talking about. Anything is better than Taylor and Virgo - everybody is lovely and nobody ever misses they just have kicks.
Report hitman76 March 25, 2016 7:18 PM GMT
I like McManus too.
Report gentlemanjohn March 25, 2016 7:49 PM GMT
People can slag off JV and his where's the cue ball going all they like, he's a legend and one of the best commentators there's ever been
Report hitmanhearn March 25, 2016 8:47 PM GMT
I honestly cannot believe it would be possible to find a worse Mc to welcome the players in. Excruciating !
Report thegiggilo March 25, 2016 9:18 PM GMT
Murphy was a far better player when he went for everything fearless,changed his game and knowhere near the bottle he had as an out and out potter.If he played like he did won he won the title he could've won it numerous times,very suspect game now even though he gets results he's playing a very weak current bunch which is flattering him.
Report thegiggilo March 25, 2016 9:18 PM GMT
Murphy was a far better player when he went for everything fearless,changed his game and knowhere near the bottle he had as an out and out potter.If he played like he did won he won the title he could've won it numerous times,very suspect game now even though he gets results he's playing a very weak current bunch which is flattering him.
Report moondan March 27, 2016 1:55 PM BST
Hitman.
I think I am right in saying the mc has got a record that no other player can brag about.

He has played Hendry 4 times and never lost.

Murphy would love to have a shot clock and any foul would allow a player to have ball in hand and place it anywhere on the table.

It never ceases to amaze me how these idiots would love to degrade the game.

Where is a serial killer when you need one?
Report appformat March 27, 2016 2:48 PM BST
hoping Walden gets a good lead first session. then can get a decent price on an Allen comeback tonight Devil
Report moondan March 27, 2016 5:08 PM BST
I feel numb, very hard to watch and doubt I will return tonight.

Walden is playing as bad as any pro I have seen and Mark is no better.  I know it means a lot to them but no part of eithers game is working.
Report appformat March 27, 2016 6:39 PM BST
Still think Walden has a chance at 6-3 down.
worth a fiver at 4/1....
Report hitman76 March 27, 2016 8:39 PM BST
Never said the lad wasn't a good player but Mc .. Not for me lol.
Report thegiggilo March 29, 2016 12:23 AM BST
The games in tatters dings totally gone,robertson looks useless murphy bottleless,selby out of form and trumpShocked what a p1ss poor world championships this is going to be!!
Report theres only one best tonic March 29, 2016 12:12 PM BST
its a shame Patsy Fagan didnt qualify,he would bury this lot
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com