Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
moondan
25 Mar 14 15:40
| Topic/replies: 3,659 | Blogger: moondan's blog
Ronnie plays tomorrow afternoon and I am away all day until late evening.

Thought I would set my sky planner today but cannot believe they want me to use 60% to record tomorrows matches.
Some might think like the " Hitman Hearn " that it will not matter because its the first round but I just think that belatedly Ronnies luck will run out and Scott Donaldson will have too much class for him.Cool

In fact its almost a given that Ronnie  gets his arse kicked out in the first round at Sheffield as well.

If anyone out there can suggest a way around this problem I would appreciate it.
My problem is I have several films recorded which includes "One flew over the cuckoos nest" amongst others and would hate to lose them.  Laugh

Can anyone believe it takes 60% to record a session that starts at 1pm and finishes at 10pm.
Its ridiculous.
Pause Switch to Standard View What a downer.
Show More
Report Pandoras March 25, 2014 2:51 PM GMT
Hi

Its 60% of the hard disc including the films you have saved. Tape it and watch then delete and you will be back to what it is now.
Report moondan March 25, 2014 3:55 PM GMT
Thanks Pandora,

I cannot get my head around all this clever stuff.

My eldest son is doing his A levels this year and I told him I had never failed an exam in my life, it left him suitably impressed but failed to tell him I had never taken one Laugh
Report satana March 25, 2014 11:41 PM GMT
ahahah
Report Toto82 March 26, 2014 11:09 AM GMT
If you have HD then record it from the non HD channel to use less memory
Report peckerdunne March 26, 2014 2:31 PM GMT
38 is a bit old to be doing A levels
Report peckerdunne March 26, 2014 2:32 PM GMT
Laugh
Report paddletoe March 26, 2014 6:52 PM GMT
I think Ronnie has been using some kind of jedhi mind trick on his opponents for the past year. For a non contact "sport" where you should not be able to have any influence over your opponent when they are at the table it seems Ronnie has a miss button he can press from his chair any time he wants back in.
Report Only-the-Brave March 26, 2014 9:37 PM GMT
The only player that can beat him is Robertson.  The rest are simply not good enough.  You've got jokers like Selby, Bingham, and Hawkins who are meant to be his main challengers?  Good luck with that Laugh
Report moondan March 27, 2014 6:43 AM GMT
Only.

Selby does look to have run his course but his record against Ronnie suggests he is not without hope.
If I was Selby's adviser I would get him to take the month off, he has look jaded for a couple of seasons and going to sheffield rested and refreshed could just give him a better chance.
For such a great tactical brain its surprised me he has not managed his seasons better and nearing the end of a career that started very ordinary he must understand that world titles is a must if you want recognition.
Loved watching his game a few seasons ago where he used many pool shots, sadly he got stung by some ridiculous criticism about slow play and upped the tempo from the game that had brought him success along with playing in far too many tournaments, it has left him burned out.
Give china a miss is sound advice.
Not out of it at sheffield and cetainly a player that Ronnie would not like to meet over 3 and 4 sessions.
Love to see it myself.
Report Only-the-Brave March 27, 2014 8:15 AM GMT
Regressed massively for mine.  Brought into this reputation of being a grinder/tactical player which has ultimately affected his overall game.  His safety is brilliant as we know, but his break-building has really suffered in recent times. Only reason he stood a chance against Ronnie previously was because he could get under his skin by boring him.  Not the case any more.

Ronnie is an out of this world player - would be right up there in any generation of snooker player.  Playing arguably the best he has ever played as well.  That just puts him levels above the rest imo.  How many of the rest of todays players would you realistically say could regularly compete against the Hendrys, Williams', Higgins of old?  Robertson the only one imo who has the overall game.  Players like Selby, Ding, Trump all strike me more as the Hunter, White kind of bracket.  Capable on their day, but never really in that elite bunch.  Then you have the others nowadays who just make up the numbers in the rankings, but have no realistic chance of winning a major title.

Ronnie may well be susceptible over the shorter distances like this current ptc tournament, but in the long format is difficult to see who is going to beat him.
Report moondan March 27, 2014 12:43 PM GMT
Only,

I agree with much of what you say.

I do have doubts about Ronnie playing as well as ever, I do not think he has met a serious opponent and more importantly the ones he has have under performed to a alarming degree.

Thanks to some very kind draws and an era of questionable class he has not been asked a serious question even though in each frame he has given chances.

As you rightly say the rest appear weak but Murphy will give him a match and if Robbo plays his natural game then he has a great chance as well.

These pockets are very kind to the long game and while I keep hearing that Hendry started to lose because of his long game, that is just myth, in fact it was the short easy misses that crept into his game and Ronnie is having his share now as is Higgins and williams.
Anyway cannot waitGrin
Report SabineIsGOAT March 27, 2014 1:52 PM GMT
You're either deluded or just a troll when it comes to Ronnie. You think every opponent he's going to play "will have too much class" and Ronnie "will be found out".

It's been like a broken record reading your opinion of him over the last year yet he's still won all the big tournaments, what does that say?
Report peckerdunne March 27, 2014 5:41 PM GMT
Ronnie is a genius.

I cant remember the last time he played an in form top player.
Report paddletoe March 27, 2014 7:05 PM GMT
Agree with pecker, as well as he has been playing this past year, he has been running golden in terms of his draws in tournaments. He has had some very soft matches to win the tournaments he has.
Report peckerdunne March 27, 2014 8:49 PM GMT
MOON

I am tired reading your ramblings you deluded old man, you know nothing for all those yaers playing snooker. Just leave us all alone and crawl in to your rocking chair.

We are experts here, now feck off and get your pension...ExcitedLaughLaughLaugh
Report moondan April 2, 2014 9:43 AM BST
Pecker,

That has cheered me up no end LaughLaughLaugh can I please stay until the end of the World championships

I got back from a short break in the north yesterday and watched Ronnies match. It was never going to be long before the balls turned and somebody stood up to him.

Hope you will participate in my coming threads so that we might educate the trolls and escapee,s from the tennis threads who know so much about the game that they think the white is hairy like in tennis.LaughLaugh

My first thread will be asking,  is Robbo the new Ronnie, full of illness and excuses?LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report thegiggilo April 4, 2014 10:41 PM BST
Very similar to o'sullivan another head dropper if things don't go his way,very similar to o'sulliavan in that he's playing a load of mugs if he'd been playing in the golden era he would've not got anywehere near the success he has.
Report moondan April 5, 2014 8:37 AM BST
Gigg,

Yes I have never been convinced.

He is very watchable at times when the pots are going in but his actual record tells the true story.
Of course they all swallow the same nonsense fed to them that its much harder today but you never have to play the whole world to win a tournament
It was quite refreshing on thursday when the commentators were agreed that the nineties were the hardest era, so many truely great players all playing on tables that were more of a test.
I do think that Robbo is one of the better ones but w2oul never make my top twenty of all time.
Far too many of todays fans judge the game and player on big breaks but fail to understand that with each shaving of the cloth it has just added more points to a players game.
And that is why it was done in the first place.

Anyway hope the horses are running for you.
The boys in blue have started well for me but know you concentrate on the all weather and I am far too lazy to put in the work you do.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com