Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
yummy
12 Apr 13 14:40
| Topic/replies: 1,323 | Blogger: yummy's blog
4 changes to Munster team

Keatly for ROG ( ROG not on bench)
DOC  fro Ryan
Archer for Botha and
Varley foe Sherry

Team as follows

Jones,
Hurley, laulala ,Downey, Zebo
Keatly, Murray
Kilcoyne, Varley, Archer
POC, DOC
POM, O'Donnell, Coughlan

Subs
Sherry, Cronin,Botha,Holland,Dave O Callaghan, Sheridan , Hanrahan and Dineen

Leinster as follows

R Kearney,
D Kearney,BOD,D'Arcy, Nacewa ,
Madigan, Boss
Healy, Cronin, Ross
Cullen, Roux
SOB, Jennings and Heaslip

Subs
Strauss, McGrath, Bent,Toner,McLoughlin, Cooney, Goodman and Conway

Two strong selections .
Interesting times ahead
Pause Switch to Standard View Munster v Leinster
Show More
Report BJG April 12, 2013 3:08 PM BST
Should b a good game-think €50 for a stand ticket is nuts for a league match tho on a side note
Report yummy April 12, 2013 3:17 PM BST
Agreed

Might not be the sellout they are hoping for.

Interesting that neither ROG or JS are available at outhalf. I am looking forward to seeing Keatley and Madigan in opposition
Report TheVis April 12, 2013 5:18 PM BST
50 euros - that seems very steep.  How much for a HT Guinness these days?
Report yummy April 12, 2013 8:21 PM BST
It is steep

50 for the stand
30 for the terrace

The missus was going to go  but baulked at the idea of 50 a ticket for the league. Beauty is I'll go now to the terrace  which I prefer 70 lids to spend on a night out and I'll still be saving money!!!!!!
Report big_dunc April 12, 2013 11:01 PM BST
Ha, nice one yummy. The main thing I miss about Lansdowne Rd is the old North Terrace. I know there's never an inch given in these games, but I wouldn't be surprised if Munster are a bit flat after last weekend's exertions. No such excuses for Leinster and there can't be any excuses if they don't win comfortably tomorrow.
Report yummy April 13, 2013 5:04 PM BST
Plenty rain promised about match time . It's a windy day here in Limerick . Conditions might not be conducive for open or "overs" rugby

ENJOY
Report Ozymandius April 13, 2013 5:32 PM BST
Don't forgot to get Madigan's autograph Yummy Laugh
Report yummy April 13, 2013 5:46 PM BST
Big night for him
Report Blackwater April 13, 2013 6:04 PM BST
Weather looks fine for the moment. No rain at least.
Report Ozymandius April 13, 2013 6:18 PM BST
The Hookmeister is in particularly cantakerous form!
Report Toto82 April 13, 2013 6:25 PM BST
Yummy are you at the match?
Report benny_ROBS_roy April 13, 2013 6:26 PM BST
yummy are you at the match?
Report benny_ROBS_roy April 13, 2013 6:27 PM BST
Report Toto82 April 13, 2013 6:27 PM BST
Report Ozymandius April 13, 2013 6:36 PM BST
try
Report Ozymandius April 13, 2013 6:38 PM BST
horsesh!t
Report Ozymandius April 13, 2013 6:38 PM BST
even one-eyed Lenihan thinks its a try!
Report ballaman68 April 13, 2013 6:44 PM BST
Joke of a decision, def try
Report Ozymandius April 13, 2013 6:44 PM BST
what a player Cian Healy is!  Immense.
Report ballaman68 April 13, 2013 6:47 PM BST
Son asks me why thomond isnt wedged for a game like this, i can well understand a €50 a ticket. crazy price
Report leroyb April 13, 2013 7:04 PM BST
wtf is nigel owens doing? leinster being shafted
Report Ozymandius April 13, 2013 7:08 PM BST
Madigans footwork was Phil Bennettesque there.

4/4 from the tee so far in front of Gatland.
Report Mr. Purple April 13, 2013 7:16 PM BST
Having watched Gatland's interview on sky sports the other day I thought that Greg Laidlaw was a shoe in for the Lions as he said he was only taking two tens and someone who could cover there  ie Laidlaw... but maybe Madigan could go.  you never know!!
Report Mr. Purple April 13, 2013 7:58 PM BST
that could end up a suspension for POC.  I think he was aiming for the ball but definitely connected with the head first
Report by purpose April 13, 2013 7:58 PM BST
Nice to see OConnell is a scumbag...Suits the look..
Report ballaman68 April 13, 2013 8:00 PM BST
Accidental but careless, would never put scumbag and o connell in the same sentence.
Report by purpose April 13, 2013 8:05 PM BST
Accidently kick a lad in the head...Leave it out will ye.
Report yummy April 14, 2013 12:34 AM BST
What can I say
A very enjoyable match with Leinster just about deserved winners as they finished strongest
Good to see both teams using left footed kickers to the right touch line
Kearney's "try" would probably have been allowed with sky TV coverage but the angles shown were inconclusive
Madigan 5/5 from the tee full marks for execution if not for difficulty
Munster looked like they ran out of legs in the second half with Coughlan particularly tired looking. Their back row dominated for the first hour with TOD the pick
Two well taking tries by Munster

Zebo outstanding without getting a sniff of open space. Great kick chases , high fielding out Kearneying Kearney on a couple of occasions, tackled decisively and surely impressed the watching Gatland for the second week running. Taking his last three full matches into account (Wales,Harlequins aan Leinster) how can he be left at home

Boss was very good towards the end and in fairness Heaslip was very good in the last quarter.kearney despite being unlucky in being denied a well taken try had a poor enough game and certainly won't have jumped a queue. Just a question of where he is in the queue

Madigan apart from one dazzling break and decent goal kicking was fairly quiet. Like last week his kickoffs were poor and presented uncontested possession to the opposition both with and against the wind . Not good enough. His one attempted tactical kick against the wind was caught by Keatley in the middle of the pitch and dropkicked wide.Defensively again he was often positioned as an auxiliary fullback and indeed swept up well when Munster threatened late on. . His tackling was indecisive again and he will become more and more of a target as he gains more exposure

Front row was a good battle. Kilcoyne was penalised early on for pulling down on Ross's jersey .whether it was or wasn't a penalty he continued to do that but was not penalised again

BOD while not as good as ever is certainly better than many will ever be. A great piece of stuff and his characteristic try  was well finished. Certainty for  the Lions .

POC had a good game . His kick on Kearney was certainly unintentional with eyes only for the ball. Possibly has a case to answer for reckless play but the lack of intent and the genuine effort to play the ball will stand to him. Comparisons with both Healy and BOD's suspensions will arise but in both does incidents there was INTENT and  there wasn't an effort to play the ball.

Crowd was small enough tonight with I would say about 12500 bums on seats. With season ticket sales that might return an inflated attendance. Munster missed out by overpricing tickets at 50 euros. Interesting to make comparisons with other UK and Ireland sporting events this week.
Report yummy April 14, 2013 12:47 AM BST
PS
I think you will all agree my weather forecast was on the money.

Had a few quid on Leinster to lead at halftime when I saw that they were playing with the wind when they came out.

As McCririck would say COME RACING
Report TheVis April 14, 2013 9:35 AM BST
I see it's actually £50 quid for a top priced Leicester game in the best seats, though £26 to stand.  Never realised top flight rugby could be so expensive these days.  It must be 10 years since I have been to a game at that level.  I much prefer watching the lower league stuff in person.
Report TheVis April 14, 2013 9:47 AM BST
RL is generally a good bit cheaper if that game is your bag.  £24 for the best seats at Wigan and they still can't fill the place.  Same seats for the footie look to be 3 or 4 quid more expensive.

Mind you I always think in comparison, Horse Racing prices are a scandal. I see it is as much as £36 to go to Sandown in the Premier Enclosure for the big meeting at the end of April.
Report charlatan April 14, 2013 3:35 PM BST
Accidental but careless, would never put scumbag and o connell in the same sentence.

Confused
Report yummy April 14, 2013 7:54 PM BST

Couldn't agree with above

How about

Paul O Connell kicks Leinster scumbag on the head
Report big_dunc April 14, 2013 8:46 PM BST
I thought Madigan's defence was excellent yesterday, I don't think he missed a tackle. And I don't know how anyone can say it was clearly unintentional from POC. You don't go in with a full swing of a boot when the ball is inches away from a prone players head. Intent is hard to prove, but how was not at least binned for it? Only he knows whether he meant it or not.
Report Ozymandius April 14, 2013 9:17 PM BST
Madigans defense is far from being a weakness.  POC was on the edge a few times yesterday, I thought.
Report Rainier Wolfcastle April 15, 2013 10:36 PM BST
So O'Connell has no case to answer. The latest in a long line of blunders from these committees, in effect they are saying what he did was fine because he didn't mean it. Since when is intent a factor? At best, his actions were careless, reckless, and dangerous. At worst, it was a violent, premeditated assault. It's outrageous that he has not been cited so that we at least get him to explain what went through his head.
Report Rainier Wolfcastle April 16, 2013 6:25 PM BST
Just reading back through the comments. The only person showing himself to be a scumbag is yummy with a comment like that. A player is knocked out with a boot to the face and you come out with a snide, baseless comment like that. Knacker.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com