Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
DancingBraveTheBest
27 Jan 22 11:32
| Topic/replies: 2,914 | Blogger: DancingBraveTheBest's blog
fantastic, just watching it for the 2nd time, seems better this time than when i first watched it. One of my favourite characters is Bobby Baccalieri, a gentle giant imo.  Dont want to spoil it for anyone not seen it but does anyone think Tony survived in the end or got whacked ??
Pause Switch to Standard View The Sopranos.....
Show More
Report HallGreenSpy January 27, 2022 11:41 AM GMT
Have no hesitation saying best US series ever made. Loved it.

btw, whacked
Report HallGreenSpy January 27, 2022 11:43 AM GMT
So many great characters in it with some of the finest acting. Seen it several times, last time in early lockdown. Might be due another run soon.
Report clouded leopard January 27, 2022 11:43 AM GMT
Brilliantly scripted
Great acting
Report Stickywickets January 27, 2022 11:43 AM GMT
He didn't get whacked, Chase confirmed it in an interview

I watched it again over Christmas

Uncle Junior has some of the best lines ever
Report Stickywickets January 27, 2022 11:46 AM GMT
One of the best episodes is Pine Barrens, hilarious
Report Stickywickets January 27, 2022 11:48 AM GMT
Lilyhammer is brilliant too, with Silvio in

Hilarious + you get Scandi twists which are excellent

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1958961/
Report HallGreenSpy January 27, 2022 11:55 AM GMT
Will have to give that lilyhammer a go. Can't believe I haven't already seen this.

Back to the sopranos and impossible to pick an actual fav character as there are so many good uns but Paulie would have to be up there. Now he was hilarious.
Report Stickywickets January 27, 2022 11:58 AM GMT
I watched Copland the other day (Stallone, Liotta), 20 years since I had seen it
It's got about 15 sopranos actors in it

Paulie pulls some amazing expressions and his delivery of foul language is sublime
Report alun2005 January 27, 2022 12:02 PM GMT
Paulie also pops up briefly and unexpectedly in Woody Allen's sublime "Mighty Aphrodite" film from the mid 90s. Definitely worth a re-watch.

Anyose seen the Sopranos 'prequel' film that came out last year?  Any good?
Report Stickywickets January 27, 2022 12:04 PM GMT

Jan 27, 2022 -- 12:02PM, alun2005 wrote:

Paulie also pops up briefly and unexpectedly in Woody Allen's sublime "Mighty Aphrodite" film from the mid 90s. Definitely worth a re-watch.Anyose seen the Sopranos 'prequel' film that came out last year?

Report Stickywickets January 27, 2022 12:05 PM GMT
The PC brigade wouldn't be able to get past the first episode
Report Stickywickets January 27, 2022 12:06 PM GMT
No Alun, too many characters too little time to care
Plus they added a load of civil rights crap into it that was weird
Report alun2005 January 27, 2022 12:09 PM GMT
Cheers Sticky, and for the Rogan info earlier. I knew nothing about this guy and it looks like Young is a big loser from his petulant outburst.
Report PorcupineorPineapple January 27, 2022 12:36 PM GMT
Watched Copland early last year. Remember it being on somewhere and thinking De Niro, Keitel, Stallone...this must have been great and is criminally overlooked. But it's not though is it? Just a bit sh!t. Such a waste.
Report Stickywickets January 27, 2022 12:54 PM GMT
Yeh it was VERY underwhelming to say the least
Report TimmyRiggins January 27, 2022 4:47 PM GMT
Definitely one of the best ever, for sure.

One of a few series I've got set up on the TV in my room. It just runs 1-86 until I change show.

Must have run through ~100 times now, but probably only see 15-20 episodes per loop Laugh

He got whacked. Chase said so himself.
Report TimmyRiggins January 27, 2022 5:07 PM GMT
That was a NY Post article, scrap that.

Just went to watch his last appearance on 'Talking Sopranos' with Bobby & Chris, and he said he never actually said that.

Up to you what happened.
Report tobermory January 27, 2022 6:10 PM GMT
He didn't get whacked, Chase confirmed it in an interview

what interview???

It's left ambiguous, just because Chase hates film making  where everything has to be pointed out and explained to the viewer(ie most films and TVs) but the way the scene is shot indicates what happens....

You get a Tony point of view shot every time someone comes in the door ; you hear the door open, you see Tony as he looks to see who it is, then you see his POV of the person entering. But the last time the door opens it cuts to black. He no longer has a point of view because he is dead.
Report A_T January 27, 2022 6:32 PM GMT
the whole did Tony die thing has to stop. no evidence he was killed - the final shot was about how paranoid he was - the show was largely about his mental health.

Paulie was the next best character - Commendatori!
Report TimmyRiggins January 27, 2022 6:39 PM GMT
That's your interpretation, and there are millions.

Chase said to Steve Schirripa and Michael Imperioli, in response to him saying he thought Tony was alive and well, AJ was straightened out etc.

'Well, there is probably a universe where that is true. You know, there is our universe.and there is alternate universes, so it probably is true' Laugh
Report A_T January 27, 2022 6:42 PM GMT
That's your interpretation,

it's not my interpretation - he didn't die - simple as that
Report tobermory January 27, 2022 6:50 PM GMT
But the show we saw was in our universe!

There isn't any definitive, 'correct' answer because Chase is never going to explain everything. And, as it is not made clear, you can always say it is open to interpretation because all we have to go on is what we see and hear in the show (rather than some 'truth' the author keeps to himself)

So it is not 'wrong' to say Tony lived.

But I think my interpretation is better supported. It's a long time since I saw it but I think the 'fade to black' death is foreshadowed in an earlier episode where Tony and Bobby are talking about what it must be like to get 'whacked' and say 'you don't hear it', which is why there is no gunshot at the end.
Report TimmyRiggins January 27, 2022 7:27 PM GMT

Jan 27, 2022 -- 6:42PM, A_T wrote:

That's your interpretation,it's not my interpretation - he didn't die - simple as that

It is - simple as that.

You tell yourself whatever you like.

Report TimmyRiggins January 27, 2022 7:29 PM GMT

Jan 27, 2022 -- 6:50PM, tobermory wrote:

But the show we saw was in our universe!There isn't any definitive, 'correct' answer because Chase is never going to explain everything. And, as it is not made clear, you can always say it is open to interpretation because all we have to go on is what we see and hear in the show (rather than some 'truth' the author keeps to himself)So it is not 'wrong' to say Tony lived.But I think my interpretation is better supported. It's a long time since I saw it but I think the 'fade to black' death is foreshadowed in an earlier episode where Tony and Bobby are talking about what it must be like to get 'whacked' and say 'you don't hear it', which is why there is no gunshot at the end.

When they're in the boat on his birthday, yeah.

Great episode that, too. 'Under the boardwalk... du du du' LaughLaugh

They did kill the Shah of Iran in front of his family, when they're normally kept out of it.

Lends a bit more credibility to the fact he could have been ironed out at the end in the diner, too.

Report badsworth boy January 27, 2022 10:30 PM GMT
Chechen feller rolled up in the carpet, classic, series 3 I think
Report Giuseppe January 27, 2022 10:33 PM GMT
what happened to the ancient romans?

you're lookin at them pal
Report TimmyRiggins January 28, 2022 12:32 AM GMT

Jan 27, 2022 -- 10:30PM, badsworth boy wrote:

Chechen feller rolled up in the carpet, classic, series 3 I think

You're not gonna believe this!! Guy killed 16 Czechoslovakians... He was an interior decorator!

His house looked like ****?!

Report TimmyRiggins January 28, 2022 12:33 AM GMT

Jan 27, 2022 -- 10:33PM, Giuseppe wrote:

what happened to the ancient romans?you're lookin at them pal

Hesh, I'm here with my non shellfish eating friend, and I'm tapped out!

Report A_T January 28, 2022 9:53 AM GMT
Sir Kingsley Grin
Report TimmyRiggins January 28, 2022 11:31 AM GMT
Haha!

Carmine was a superb character, too.

Your brother Billy, whatever happened there Crazy
Report Giuseppe January 28, 2022 9:30 PM GMT
in this house, christopher columbus is a hero
Report TimmyRiggins January 29, 2022 2:44 AM GMT

Jan 28, 2022 -- 9:30PM, Giuseppe wrote:

in this house, christopher columbus is a hero

End of story Grin

Report Corky January 29, 2022 3:30 PM GMT
My mate used to say you gotta watch the Sopranos. Every time I switched channels to have a look it was some fat bloke talking to a psychiatrist. Boring as fook
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2022 4:48 PM GMT
i don't think it is the towering masterpiece that some say it is, but is worth a watch for sure
Report monarch January 29, 2022 5:15 PM GMT
Best series of all time imo. Some will say Breaking Bad but that wasn't in the same league as The Sopranos.

Tony a truly brilliant character. But he never had the makings of a varsity athlete !!
Report Giuseppe January 29, 2022 5:28 PM GMT
i think i'd have to go with Breaking Bad over the Sopranos

Game of Thrones is better too in my opinion
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com