Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
shiny new shoes please
07 Nov 21 15:18
| Topic/replies: 12,982 | Blogger: shiny new shoes please's blog
Armin van Buuren - Blah Blah Blah
Grin
Show More
Report Corky November 7, 2021 3:22 PM GMT
I was surprised to find out her middle name is Tintin. What was her mom thinking ?
Report Giuseppe November 7, 2021 3:33 PM GMT
Harry Potter would have been worse
Report shiny new shoes please November 7, 2021 3:58 PM GMT
Salt of the earth Cry
To be sure to be sure Wink

Bob Marley - Get Up Stand Up
Angry
Report akabula November 7, 2021 11:44 PM GMT
I heard one journalist on tv call her a "A trumped up little madam".
I would agree with that albeit in slightly stronger terms.

In other Scottish news.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-59176816
A seven-year-old boy who is campaigning to replace single-use water bottles in school lunchboxes has been invited to speak to MSPs.
FFS.
Report macarony November 8, 2021 1:54 AM GMT
We have wind turbines that are older than this girl so can anyone explain why what she says is any different to what had already been said before?
Report saddo November 8, 2021 11:29 AM GMT
Malala syndrome, the good and worthy can't be seen saying no to a kid. Neither of them are kids now, they are young millionaires.
Report irishone November 8, 2021 11:43 AM GMT
Leave the gal alone TFS

She is doing great work for the planet by saving energy

Every time I see her on the box I turn it off
Report shiny new shoes please November 8, 2021 1:42 PM GMT
The planet isnt going nowhere.. We are

https://youtube.com/watch?v=09FmRNb3Krg
Report hong kong fooey November 8, 2021 9:04 PM GMT
irishbone  LaughLaughLaugh thats brill.
Report casemoney November 9, 2021 1:51 AM GMT
o can anyone explain why what she says is any different to what had already been said before?

Was all said in 1992  at another one of these climate Do's by a 12 year old Girl,  as stated elsewhere ..

The Burgs have obviously seen this and got the Lot .
Report casemoney November 9, 2021 1:53 AM GMT
Best say no more , Charlie's  Klaxon will go off and wake him up , The Mention of Glue or Berg on here sets it off .
Report Dr Crippen November 9, 2021 10:54 AM GMT
Give the little princess her due, she's got the grown ups dancing to her tune and she's making a tidy sum as well.
Report Whisperingdeath November 9, 2021 11:12 AM GMT
Good to see she is getting under your skinLaugh

Some sad individuals intimidated by a little girl ffs!

Pathetic.

Carry on slagging you lot!
Report Dr Crippen November 9, 2021 12:16 PM GMT
She's not getting under my skin, I like her.

There's a lot to like about a little girl taking grown up mugs for a ride.
Report Whisperingdeath November 9, 2021 12:23 PM GMT
Yes!
Report akabula November 9, 2021 11:00 PM GMT
She struggled last year when asked questions at a climate change conference.
She had nothing to offer other than what was written for her.
This year she's not much better. She gets the accolades because none of those in power want to tell the truth.

What about this 7 year old and his single use bottle campaign WD. Will you hail him and listen to his speeches?
Report sageform November 10, 2021 8:38 AM GMT
It is a telling comment on human nature that a girl who has not even had any University education is considered more authoritative than dedicated scientists who have studied climate change for 20 years or more with little or no public respect. If I was one of the scientists, I would be considering another job. If young people do stop needless consumption as a result of her tweets then that can only be a good thing but in terms of science, what can she possibly contribute? A very good start to reducing energy consumption would be to halve your use of computers and mobile phones but how many campaigners are willing to do that. My computer is on for around 5 hours per day and my mobile for 15 minutes if I am looking at Whatsapp.
Report lfc1971 November 10, 2021 10:23 AM GMT
Alexander Solzhenitsyn in a speech at Harvard ( to young people) warned America and western countries
Not to listen to young people - very wise
Report roadrunner46 November 10, 2021 10:41 AM GMT
for starters greta thunberg has aspergers syndrome, which means her brain works completely different to your average person who is not neurodiverse, think you are completely missing the point if your expecting this young women to solve climate change, she is a role model for the younger generation on this subject, have no doubt she will be running an international organization sometime in the future.
Report Dr Crippen November 10, 2021 11:07 AM GMT
I'm surprised the BBC hasn't done a Question Time special on climate change, with the little princess as star guest.
David Attenborough could do the talking for her, he could send us to sleep telling us how grave the situation has become.

The BBC still does do comedy.
Report Whisperingdeath November 10, 2021 12:10 PM GMT
Let the haters hate. They need something in their lives to look forward to. Even the end of the World will relieve the boredom in their tiny little minds. Take aim at a kid with Asbergers who at least is trying to do something good, pretty pathetic individuals.
Report lfc1971 November 10, 2021 1:11 PM GMT
Quite right wd , when will you be giving up your internet connection ?
Report lfc1971 November 10, 2021 1:14 PM GMT
Seem to recall you travelled to France at the height of Covid
( didn’t stop you criticising the gov )
Any holidays planned ?
Report lfc1971 November 10, 2021 1:57 PM GMT
We would all love to save the world

But the present seems to me to be of greater value

no no , I am not telling lies
Report Dr Crippen November 10, 2021 1:57 PM GMT
The little princess is running rings around them.

Showing them up for the mugs that they are.

Even old man Attenborough is taking the pee.
Report Whisperingdeath November 10, 2021 2:01 PM GMT
I went to Paris on the Eurostar. Nobody seated opposite or next to us! Bloody marvellous but completely commercially unviable!

Face masks had to be worn unless you were eating or drinking. I had a bottle of Champagne and a delicious home made salami and cheese with salad on soda bread so my mask wasn't on much for the first hour.

I think it was July or August when many Parisienne's leave for cooler climes. I did not want to go because of that but Mrs 'Death was chucking a mental about it so obliged.

Well it was a great trip. Paris was relatively empty so walking through the streets was comfortable even pleasant. We walked the mile or so to Montmartre through Pigalle.

We did not get covid and did not die. Everything was fine.

There is a worrying political element to all this. Economies around the World particularly in the West have been printing money since 2007 keep the financial bubble from exploding. Covid happened and has been convenient in keeping the problems of Governments out of the news or away from the microscope.

It has got worse and now we are ashley drugging our children who have absolutely no need of intravenous drug abuse. I think the Hippocratic Oath has been broken by Doctors.

Worse still Draconian Laws against our personal freedoms have been brought in and will be used against us in the future.

I might be on the wrong thread here but that's what I got to say about that!
Report lfc1971 November 10, 2021 2:06 PM GMT
fair enough wd , I’m just being grumpy
Report Mubey25 November 10, 2021 9:47 PM GMT
It doesn't matter if she's a kid with autism, anyone who advocates for Marxism and Big Government is utter scum.
Report politicspunter November 10, 2021 9:56 PM GMT
Mubey25, what was your former username?
Report Mubey25 November 10, 2021 10:22 PM GMT
YourMum69.
Report politicspunter November 10, 2021 10:24 PM GMT
Was it Burt06?
Report Reynard November 11, 2021 5:31 AM GMT
I find it quite ironic that A_T is asking a poster about an alternative username Laugh
Report ffaith November 11, 2021 11:36 AM GMT
Funded by and given a script by some of the most evil scum on this planet.  Thats why she gets so much exposure.  Apparently her youth makes her appealing sorry cant see it myself all I see is evil pushing the agenda that will eventually enslave us all
Report edy November 11, 2021 11:38 AM GMT
Who?
Report Magic__Daps November 11, 2021 11:48 AM GMT
Whisperingdeath
Date Joined: 25 Dec 11
Add contact | Send message
10 Nov 21 12:10
Let the haters hate. They need something in their lives to look forward to. Even the end of the World will relieve the boredom in their tiny little minds. Take aim at a kid with Asbergers who at least is trying to do something good, pretty pathetic individuals

What has Aspergers got to do with anything whatsoever, are they exempt from criticism? All Greta and her gang are doing is making vasts amount of money out of a crisis with her doomsday pre written and rehearsed statements. A millionaire at 18 (how much more has her family and people earned out of this), and yet last week she was having a pop at people "profiting" from the same crisis. A pretty pathetic, and hypocritical individual imo.
Report sageform November 11, 2021 1:03 PM GMT
I don't particularly like or dislike Greta. I just question her level of knowledge compared to scientists and naturalists with years of careful study whose views are ignored in favour of hers.
Report leif November 11, 2021 3:01 PM GMT
Report Whisperingdeath November 11, 2021 3:07 PM GMT
She is a kid not a climate change expert!

She has made the whole World listen. Some people don't like it.

Bitter and twisted they just love a good rant. Jealous, indignant, argumentative, immaterial!
Report Magic__Daps November 11, 2021 3:17 PM GMT
Not bad for a clueless 'kid' making herself a millionaire out of a huge 'crisis'. It's as if there was some sort of motive to her and her handlers "cause".... She and her mob are just using this as one big business opportunity, whether or not she has made anyone listen is immaterial, as the goal was obviously money.
Report Dr Crippen November 11, 2021 3:27 PM GMT
Has she found herself a boyfreind yet?

I wonder what she'd say if he tried it on?
Report Timber November 11, 2021 6:23 PM GMT
A Canadian doctor has diagnosed a woman with "climate change" after she came to hospital with breathing problems

Good excuse for the workshy in the futureLaugh
Report mad mad moon November 11, 2021 6:58 PM GMT
She could have a huge influence on Millennials.
We all remember how being accepted, was so important at school and university.
Remember that advert from a year or two ago, when that girl is being dropped off by her “cool” dad , in his cool car playing cool music?
I bet it’s no longer cool to be dropped off in a 4x4 by your parents.
Kids will soon be boasting that they walk or cycle to school.
Report roadrunner46 November 12, 2021 12:32 AM GMT
nordic council environment prize 2019, greta decided to decline the award and 47k euros prize money, stating nordic countries were not doing enough to cut emissions, take a look a wiki page and the amount of awards she has won and species named in her honour, all shes doing this for is moneyCrazy, people 
with her are never motivated by moneyWink
Report roadrunner46 November 12, 2021 12:34 AM GMT
people with her drive are never motivated by money
Report Dr Crippen November 12, 2021 11:29 AM GMT
Her father is an actor and her mother is an opera singer and a climate change activist.
Any knowledgeable person knows that a child can't get into the public eye like she has without money, backing and promoting from others.

Greta is simply a manufactured product of the climate change movement. She's just lucky they chose her.
All the little princess has to do is turn up and read from script. A script that's been written by someone else no doubt.

How she can be viewed as a credible judge of anything at the age that she came to prominence with such a limited education, because she's been doing this instead of going to school, says it all.
Report Magic__Daps November 12, 2021 3:26 PM GMT
roadrunner46
Date Joined: 25 Apr 11
Blogger: roadrunner46's blog
Add contact | Send message
12 Nov 21 00:34
people with her drive are never motivated by money LaughLaughLaugh

So why is she a millionaire, and all from this huge crisis? Can she not donate every penny she has made whilst taking a measly wage? She is no different than the BLM founder, put fear into people, read scripts, get donations and become a multi-millionaire. Last week she was mentioning social justice, it really is amazing how many people who want all this social justice somehow have bulging bank accounts.

It really is quite easy to donate prizes and vasts amount of money if you've already got plenty. If anyone wants to give me a few million I will happily donate a measly 47k to keep everyone happy, in fact I will happily donate 250k. I can accept Bitcoin, Eth, cash or a bank transfer.....
Report .Marksman. November 12, 2021 3:51 PM GMT
She's not the messiah.  She is just a very naughty girl who should have been in school.
Report Foinavon November 13, 2021 9:10 PM GMT
What will she make of Flop 26? One year left to save the planet at COP 27? She will be furious.
Report leif November 13, 2021 9:20 PM GMT
What will she make of Flop 26? One year left to save the planet at COP 27? She will be furious.

She always look furious

Report akabula November 14, 2021 9:56 AM GMT
https://time.com/6101003/earthshot-prize-india-solar-ironing/

Media full of Greetin Greta who is getting quoted for saying blah blah blah.
I'd rather read a bit more about this young, and smiling lady who has invented something.
Report Timber November 14, 2021 10:25 AM GMT
Report Timber November 14, 2021 10:25 AM GMT
Report .Marksman. November 17, 2021 3:33 PM GMT
Good job, Timber!
Report Whisperingdeath November 17, 2021 4:40 PM GMT
Great job Timber!

So do you think Climate Change is a National Security Interest?
Report impossible123 November 17, 2021 6:01 PM GMT
I think she's doing a sterling job bringing the plight of the earth to the minds of people. However, repeated usage of blah, blah, blah is conterproductive and ineffective. Righting the wrongs take time and diplomacy; reminding is one thing, scolding politicians is another.
Report Dr Crippen November 17, 2021 6:19 PM GMT
If the people behind the child were serious instead of opportunists, and her followers were smart instead of fools. They'd all be campaigning in those countries that are coccking a snook at the climate change movement.

And not wasting time and money preaching to the converted.
Report roadrunner46 November 17, 2021 8:59 PM GMT
greta thunberg was awarded prize money of one million last year and has decided to donate all the money to sustainability charites, that leaves her with only one million in the bankLaugh you can donate to the greta thunberg foundation Wink
Report casemoney November 17, 2021 9:38 PM GMT
Has a book deal been sorted yet , surely the 1st of 37 biographies is on the agenda Plain
Report shiny new shoes please December 30, 2021 1:06 PM GMT
Louis Armstrong - What A Wonderful World

illegal activity in the Amazon is driving the current rate of deforestation,
many countries are participating in the destruction of the rainforest by importing certain products, like wood and beef, from Brazil.

If you're importing beef from Brazil, 40% plus of it comes from the Amazon —
many importers don't request any proof that these imports don't represent deforestation.

for producers to export beef or corn or soybeans it's much more lucrative.

Irish beef best in the world Devil
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com