Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
thegiggilo
02 Jun 20 19:00
| Topic/replies: 16,287 | Blogger: thegiggilo's blog
Update: Following today's official excess deaths figures and hospital data, a cautious estimate for the total UK excess deaths during the coronavirus pandemic up to 2 June is

Of these 61,920 have happened, the rest are estimates.
Pause Switch to Standard View Chris giles FT.
Show More
Report cryoftruth June 2, 2020 9:17 PM BST
If we had been blessed with a competent government the death toll would be far lower.
Instead we are lumbered with hapless Hancock, the extremist Raab, the wicked virus spreader and his apprentice Johnson.
Report Dotchinite June 2, 2020 10:05 PM BST
Any stats splitting the ones caused by covid and the ones caused by the lockdown?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 2, 2020 10:21 PM BST
Think deaths caused by lockdown is negative

So figures will be revised upwards in due course
Report Shab June 2, 2020 10:41 PM BST
Protip: Any figures stated by him should be checked and double-checked.

He has form of jumping on "bad" news, then correcting it once the tweet has got the lie out there.
Report jollyswagman June 2, 2020 10:48 PM BST
shab he has been reporting on this for several months, evidence of him being wrong please.
Report Shab June 2, 2020 10:58 PM BST
A few days ago he published 'UK worst in the world'

By lunchtime it had been retracted because he forgot to add in updated figures for France. But France had been on the original graph.

So he knew the France figures were months old, used them anyway to make a 'point', and 'forgot' to add the latest figures which blew his whole piece out of the water.

But, of course, the tweet had done the rounds by then.

And as if by magic, the following day Italy and someone else released figures that really blew the story out of the water.

But he didn't know those figures were coming, I suppose.......
Report thegiggilo June 2, 2020 11:04 PM BST
We are the worst in the world..
Report jollyswagman June 2, 2020 11:05 PM BST
do we have over 60,000 excess deaths?

are his figures more reliable than the governments?

how many people are actually being tested each day?

maybe you should go after the government rather than a reporter trying to dig into the bs numbers the government is coming up with.
Report Shab June 2, 2020 11:09 PM BST
By using dishonest methods?

One of his previous graphs and methodologies - the one he used for a long time - was torn apart by statisticians on twitter.

He knew about it because he was in on the debate, but did not change his methods or his reporting. That tells me all I need to know.
Report thegiggilo June 2, 2020 11:11 PM BST
Shab seems like another rightwing loon appeaser,is there any thread you are not seething on..
Report jollyswagman June 2, 2020 11:18 PM BST
excellent, i hadnt realised. and what about uk government? i saw a report that said we have never got close to 100,000 tests a day, but you wouldnt know that if you listened to hancock et al

https://twitter.com/EdConwaySky/status/1267856088449323010

what is worse, an ft reporter getting it wrong or the government getting it wrong, day in day out? i see the head of the uk statistics authority has criticised the government for its claims.
Report sageform June 3, 2020 8:29 AM BST
We just don't know how many of the excess deaths are a direct result of Covid infection. Many could be due to a lack of diagnosis of another condition. Surveys suggest that more than 30% of people surveyed have not been willing to visit a GP surgery or a hospital if they have a non Covid illness. And we have no idea what is going on in other countries. As very few counties have a national health service of any sort, how do they collect the data? Are people who can't afford to visit a private doctor/hospital dying from Covid but not being reported as such?
Report Angoose June 3, 2020 10:20 AM BST
That's why excess deaths is the best data set for comparative purposes.
Report Angoose June 3, 2020 10:26 AM BST
Ed Conway
@EdConwaySky

There's a paradox here. Deaths statistics published each week by the @ONS are world class. But the other stuff we get from @DHSCgovuk
is closer to banana republic standard. That we don't know how many people have been tested months after this epidemic began is pretty astounding.
Report Angoose June 3, 2020 10:28 AM BST
Potential for a big stink once the actual figures are made available for the number of people that have actually been tested.
The world beating fudgers have been caught out.
Report layingisthewayforward June 3, 2020 11:42 AM BST
Thegiggilo  have a day off FFS.
Report thegiggilo June 3, 2020 3:17 PM BST
No days off i'm afraid..
Report thegiggilo June 3, 2020 3:19 PM BST
Sweden 2,214 cases wtf their previous highest was around 800 second wave 74 deaths..
Report Angoose June 3, 2020 3:47 PM BST
That figures for Sweden is an adjustment that requires to be spread out across a few days, their single largest day is now 2 June at 889 new cases.
Report thegiggilo June 3, 2020 3:56 PM BST
Looking at those figures they are at a constant will end up one of the worst,can't see much changing there for weeks,what are pur figures today they lie si much i don't even bother trying to find them anymore..
Report thegiggilo June 3, 2020 4:14 PM BST
Another 359 deaths and 1800 cases,absolute disgrace could be weeks of this yet.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com