Sep 14, 2019 -- 6:16AM, thegiggilo wrote:
George monbiot as usual 5 years ahead of his time..
If you believe that then you too are a danger to society.
I know you suffer from extreme paranoia but thinking this is prescient is blood curdling.
Sep 14, 2019 -- 2:26PM, Alias wrote:
markzzzmarkzzz14 Sep 19 15:05Joined: 03 Jun 04| Topic/replies: 400 | Blogger: markzzz's blogAll completely irrelevant.The people voted for it, therefore it should happen.Even if the vote was won by illegal means, i.e. lies on buses, threats about Turkey in EU, huge amounts of dark money poured into Leave coffers etc etc etc?Anyway, what does "the people" mean when there are 46,000,000 registered voters in the UK, of which 17,400,000 voted leave? Hardly the "will of the people".
I like it when people disagree with me in such a way that their assertions are so easily dismissed.
1. Brexit bus. It said "Let's fund our NHS instead", and clearly referred to the post-Brexit position. Brexit has not happened, so it is impossible to say what has happened since Brexit. So, that one is easily dismissed. By the way, extra NHS funding has been announced recently, and nothing on the bus said every last penny would go to the NHS (read the slogan on the bus carefully if you don't believe me). So, this was not a lie.
2. There were no threats about Turkey. There were warnings about what may happen, but I for one know the difference between "may" and "will", so this was not a lie. It could be classed as scare-mongering.
3. "Dark money poured into Leave coffers". Too vague to respond to. Give more specifics and I will respond.
4. Using your analogy about 17,400,000 voters versus 46,000,000 voters, if we extend that logic to general elections less than 10 MPs would be elected at a general election if over 50% of the available electorate was required before a vote was valid.
5. Unlike your so-called lies about the leave campaign, most of the lies by the remain campaign have already been shown to be lies, because many claimed to outline events which would unfold immediately following a leave vote at the referendum. Only one of their claims has any validity, the fall of the pound, and that was by nowhere near as much as they claimed.
People in glass houses................