Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Dr Crippen
08 Sep 19 10:56
| Topic/replies: 47,384 | Blogger: Dr Crippen's blog
Assuming they won the election:
To negotiate a deal with the EU. 
Then put that deal to the people, and argue against accepting it.

I kid you not.

That is precisely what Emily Thornberry,  the Labour shadow foreign secretary said she would do when she appeared on QT recently.
No need for a link, she's being ridiculed  all over the media since she said it.

And with support from people like Keir Starmer who is also a red hot EU fanatic, we can take that as Labour policy.

Now who in their right mind (leaving out the proles) would support a policy such as that?
Pause Switch to Standard View Labour's election strategy on Brexit.
Show More
Report n88uk September 8, 2019 11:00 AM BST
Sounds better than the Tories strategy as they don't have a Brexit strategy.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 8, 2019 11:03 AM BST
carrying out the will of the people, unlike the tories, who dont have a stategy, yet
Report Angoose September 8, 2019 11:04 AM BST
The shadow chancellor, John McDonnell, is up next on the Andrew Marr show.

On Labour’s plan to vote against an early election, McDonnell confirmed that Labour’s priority was to prevent a no-deal Brexit. He said Labour was putting country before party.

McDonnell confirms Labour’s commitment to a second referendum and that he would campaign to remain even against a deal to leave the EU negotiated by a future government.

“No deal would be an absolute disaster,” McDonnell said. And he pointed out that Labour’s last manifesto made it clear the party was against leaving the EU without a deal.

McDonnell said all parties had differences on the EU. He said it was better to be honest about those differences, in the same way Harold Wilson had done in the 1970s with his divided cabinet over Europe.
Report Angoose September 8, 2019 11:08 AM BST
Q: Will the government obey the law and seek an extension?

Of course the government will obey the law, Javid said. The prime minister will seek a deal but he absolutely will not seek an extension. We will not change our policy. We will be consistent with our policy and not breaking the law, but you’ll have to wait and see how we do that.

We will be leaving on 31 October, he insisted again. “We will obey all laws, but you’ll have to wait and see what happens then [at the October EU summit],”

"The prime minster will not be resigning. We have a plan which is to stick to what we’ve been doing, plan for a no deal, but putting every effort into getting a new deal."
Report Angoose September 8, 2019 11:09 AM BST
Q: Are you comfortable with a pact between the Brexit party and the Tories?

We don’t need an electoral alliance with anyone, Javid insists. We need to heal society, he added.
But he repeatedly refused to rule out an electoral alliance with the Brexit party. We don’t need it, he repeated. We are a proud centre-right party, we are not extremist, Javid added.

Q: Is a second referendum a goer?

Absolutely no way, Javid said.
Report Dr Crippen September 8, 2019 11:09 AM BST
You see, that's why I wrote:-

Now who in their right mind (leaving out the proles) would support a policy such as that?
Report anxious September 8, 2019 11:12 AM BST
Anything is better than the spivs
Report flushgordon1 September 8, 2019 11:13 AM BST
Power to the people Wolfie!
Report Dr Crippen September 8, 2019 11:13 AM BST
Anxious and his spivs.

Lol.
Report deepblue September 8, 2019 11:56 AM BST
wanxious
the divi that cant think for himself, so if you disagree with the labour line
your a tory fanboy or spiv. WAC
Report anxious September 8, 2019 12:08 PM BST
oh your back again , are you stalking me or something
Report deepblue September 8, 2019 12:20 PM BST
wanx
you called me a tory fanboy because I did not agree with you, you can not possibly know how I vote.
so you like to give abuse but cannot take it. this would be in line with your thinking muppet.
Report differentdrum September 8, 2019 12:22 PM BST
Now the third thread on the same subject in a few days. Anyone else like to start one?
Report anxious September 8, 2019 12:23 PM BST
ive not called you anything , you said you were in therapy recently maybe you need anger management
Report anxious September 8, 2019 12:24 PM BST
see from you infatile insults people can see what kind of garbage you come out with
Report deepblue September 8, 2019 12:28 PM BST
wanx
you have a short memory of who you insult, and as for me being in therapy, have you had a sense of humor bypass or what.
Report deepblue September 8, 2019 12:31 PM BST
wanx
you don't do irony, do you?
Report anxious September 8, 2019 12:31 PM BST
you said the other day you were in therapy , anyway i leave you to it with your insults bye bye
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com