Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Alan.Partridge
08 Nov 18 20:26
| Topic/replies: 33 | Blogger: Alan.Partridge's blog
Does anyone know what is happening regarding the betting for the Florida Senate? I know they've gone to a recount, but Betfair seem to have deducted money from my account in lieu of this - very strange. Would have thought they would wait until the result is declared before resettling the market.

Anyone else seen money disappear from their account on this?
Pause Switch to Standard View Florida Senate
Show More
Report bongo November 8, 2018 8:36 PM GMT
Never mind the Florida senate, what about the result of the referendum to ban greyhound racing in Florida

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2018/11/7/18071246/midterms-amendment-13-proposition-12-california-florida-animal-welfare

Florida has 11 of the 17 dog tracks in the US. The result means that in 2 years time there will be just 6 commercial dog tracks in the whole of the United State of America. Land of the free.

What is it about human nature that makes us want to ban things that are on the way out anyway. Do we as a species hate the unreconstructed working classes?
Report politicspunter November 8, 2018 8:36 PM GMT
At present the market is suspended. Any monies deposited and placed on the market are effectively frozen, you can't cancel or trade until the market is settled. In the USA markets that could mean a long wait.
Report Alan.Partridge November 8, 2018 8:49 PM GMT
The only thing I can think that might have happened is that Betfair settled the market when the result was called for Scott and paid the money out and now they have "unsettled" it pending the recount. 

If that is what they have done then it's pretty poor not to e-mail you and say what has happened. Very worrying to see money just disappear from your account.
Report politicspunter November 8, 2018 9:01 PM GMT
I just checked my account on the Florida market and none of my bets have been settled.
Report politicspunter November 8, 2018 9:14 PM GMT
If you go to "my bets" and highlight open and matched you should see your bets sitting there.
Report politicspunter November 9, 2018 12:34 PM GMT
The Florida market has now been reopened.
Report politicspunter November 9, 2018 12:49 PM GMT
It's now becoming a bit of a lottery. It reminds me of the cross country chase at Cheltenham. As a bookmaker said to me, "that's the race they go round and round until the favourite gets to the front".
Report nellie1970 November 9, 2018 5:44 PM GMT
how does Brenda Snipes who is the election supervisor for Broward County keep getting away with breaking election rules time and time again??

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article220841135.html
Report politicspunter November 11, 2018 2:31 PM GMT
I see that Florida senate and governor elections are now full recounts. We could be here quite a while.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com