Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
flushgordon1
04 May 18 07:39
| Topic/replies: 17,872 | Blogger: flushgordon1's blog
Never saw that coming.
Pause Switch to Standard View Jezzbollahs Failure in Barnet
Show More
Report ufcdan May 4, 2018 8:47 PM BST
What I never saw coming was Plymouth, may have it wrong but I think I heard Labour won because of a protest vote regarding defence cuts ! Do the good citizens of Plymouth think Corbyn and his lefty Britain hating cronies are going to increase defence spending Crazy
Report donny osmond May 5, 2018 12:29 AM BST
just a good local campaign

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/what-new-labour-council-say-1531749
Report akabula May 5, 2018 7:02 AM BST
Decent Labour people will have had it confirmed that whilst Jeremy and McDonnell have prominent positions the party cannot win.
Given the turmoil over Brexit, the Grenfell tragedy and the NHS breast screening scandal Labour should have destroyed the Tories on Thursday.
heard Annita McVeigh ask Jonathan Ashworth "If you can't beat the Tories now then when can you beat them?"
Report politicspunter May 5, 2018 9:13 AM BST
The present Labour leadership have brought the party up from 25% in the opinion polls to around 40%, level with the Conservatives. In the local elections Labour gained 77 seats, Conservatives lost 33. Now irrespective of how biased or filled with hatred you are, these are the undeniable facts. If there were to be a general election tomorrow Corbyn would be extremely likely to become prime minister with the support of other parties.
Report anxious May 5, 2018 10:16 AM BST
Erm no i think that political voting is now more volatile than ever , last years local elections were poor for Labour , but in the GE they done much better than polls , pundits  expected , the bookies still have it neck and neck in betting
Report flushgordon1 May 5, 2018 10:52 AM BST
No he wouldnt because ,the londinistan ,uber liberal bias is not the same in the majority of the country.  With this in mind and the snp failing in Scotland things would be close but I would have a hefty bet on torys .
Report anxious May 5, 2018 11:02 AM BST
The Majority of the over 55s vote tory, majority of under 55 vote Labour
Report lfc1971 May 5, 2018 11:03 AM BST
people get older, not younger
Report anxious May 5, 2018 11:05 AM BST
The Past was yours the futures mine , thats how the song goes anyway
Report lfc1971 May 5, 2018 11:06 AM BST
that's what I just said
Report anxious May 5, 2018 11:07 AM BST
Describes little the little englanders well i think
Report anxious May 5, 2018 11:07 AM BST
Warm beer and cricket
Report lfc1971 May 5, 2018 11:10 AM BST
I don't want a future I want a present, that seems to me to be of greater value
when you have a present you forget to even think about the future
Report anxious May 5, 2018 11:12 AM BST
Correct i will agree that
Report politicspunter May 5, 2018 11:14 AM BST
One of the main reasons that the Conservatives only lost 33 seats was the virtual extinction of UKIP (123 losses) that the Conservatives benefited from greatly. Damage was limited but Ukip defectors have gone now. Theresa May made her, pretty cringeworthy, "victory speech" at Wandsworth, a council where they lost six seats to Labour but hung on. If that's considered a victory, they are in trouble.
Report politicspunter May 5, 2018 11:22 AM BST
More worrying for the Conservatives is that the LibDems appear to have stopped the rot. That means trouble in not only London but in the West Country and some rural areas. The only help it might provide is that any LibDem resurgence could damage the SNP who may provide alliance support to Labour at a future Westminster.
Report akabula May 5, 2018 9:02 PM BST
As long as you Labour supporters think like that then the Tories will hold on to power.
No matter what successes Labour have had they'll struggle to get to the next level.
Nowt as blind as them that won't see.
Report politicspunter May 6, 2018 8:27 AM BST
You are so bias and filled with hatred that you cannot accept facts and instead accuse others of supporting a particular political party. A bit like your own politics where your hatred means you vote against one party rather than support a particular one.
Labour's performance in the local elections means they have reached the next level and they would be able to form a government with the support of other parties if that performance was repeated at a general election.
Report InsiderTrader May 6, 2018 9:14 AM BST
Tories will never win in London again outside small pockets in West London. Blair's open border policies and creation of a welfare dependent society has made sure of that.
Report anxious May 6, 2018 10:44 AM BST
What nonsense you speak IT , Labour have always been strong in parts of London , another thing you forget to mention Thatchers pal Dame Shirley Porter and her social cleansing gerrymandering in the 90s , disgusting stuff from the Spivs
Report flushgordon1 May 6, 2018 10:58 AM BST
Labour are filth.
Report Esox May 6, 2018 4:05 PM BST
You are depriving some poor village of an idiot.
Report InsiderTrader May 6, 2018 4:40 PM BST
Anxious,

Labour thrive in areas where more people have gone to university on non-science courses and in areas of higher ethnic minorities and foreign born populations. The same is true for the Democrats in the USA.

“Britain will arrive at the place where London is, eventually, in its demographics, in its social values, in its politics. In perhaps 20 to 30 years’ time, thanks to immigration and ethnic change and the huge expansion of higher education, the median voter in Land’s End will be much more like a Londoner.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/may/11/how-london-became-a-labour-city-and-what-it-means-for-british-politics
Report flushgordon1 May 6, 2018 4:42 PM BST
Do you write all your own material? Labour are anti Semitic,Muslim loving soapdodging filth.
Report InsiderTrader May 6, 2018 4:48 PM BST
'Younger non-white London also predominantly votes Labour. At the last general election, according to the pollsters Survation, ethnic minority Londoners chose Labour over the Conservatives by 54% to 34%. That was a much-improved Conservative performance, with the party doing particularly well among Sikhs and Hindus; but given the crude and counter-productive racial tone of the Tory mayoral campaign against Khan since, it may not be repeated for years to come.

Meanwhile the capital’s perennial population churn has worked in Labour’s favour in recent decades. “White migration out of London has weakened the Conservatives,” says Ben Judah, author of This Is London, a new account of immigrant London, much of which takes place in the once heavily white and Tory outer suburbs.'
Report anxious May 6, 2018 4:49 PM BST
It seriously have you been on the Sherbert - non science courses at University - what complete utter drivel you speak
Report anxious May 6, 2018 4:50 PM BST
How old are you again IT remind me please ?
Report flushgordon1 May 6, 2018 4:54 PM BST
Meeja studdys , and polytics and sociology.
Report InsiderTrader May 6, 2018 4:58 PM BST
anxious
06 May 18 16:49
| Topic/replies: 22,125 | Blogger: anxious's blog
It seriously have you been on the Sherbert - non science courses at University - what complete utter drivel you speak

^

You disagree with any other of the reasons listed in the Guardian article about the rise of Labour in London?
Report InsiderTrader May 6, 2018 5:03 PM BST
'analysis suggests that students intending to vote Tory are most likely to have attended a private fee-paying school before starting their degree, are the most confident about finding a graduate job after university, and plan to work in management consulting, investment banking, finance or marketing. They also have the highest salary expectations, anticipating an average of £25,500 on graduation, and £44,900 within five years.

By contrast, student Labour supporters are largely from state schools or colleges and plan to work in areas such as teaching, the media and the charity or voluntary sector. On average, they expect to earn about £3,000 a year less in their first graduate job, compared with their Tory peers.'

https://www.ft.com/content/dd5396e0-e527-11e4-a02d-00144feab7de
Report treetop May 6, 2018 5:06 PM BST
By contrast, student Labour supporters are largely from state schools or colleges and plan to work in areas such as teaching, the media and the charity or voluntary sector. On average, they expect to earn about £3,000 a year less in their first graduate job, compared with their Tory peers.'

Fortunately when we grow up we gain intelligence and vote  tory when we see through Labour's prejudice and lack of policies. Been there,done that.
Report moisok May 6, 2018 5:08 PM BST
anxious can't read the guardian      sorry that should reed ... oh never mined,   the first bit is rite. 

nothing personnel ankshuss
Report anxious May 6, 2018 5:09 PM BST
So what are you trying to convince us of that no immigrants ever vote tory
Report anxious May 6, 2018 5:10 PM BST
The over 55s are the main group that vote tory , the under 55s Labour are ahead
Report moisok May 6, 2018 5:11 PM BST
I know 'pakistani'  shopkeepers were on sky news complaining in the last election but one, about too many immigrants coming to the uk

wonder if they voted tory
Report anxious May 6, 2018 5:11 PM BST
Course Treetop your sounding more like the Daily Fail every day, the mouthpiece of the tory lie machine
Report InsiderTrader May 6, 2018 5:21 PM BST
anxious
06 May 18 17:09
| Topic/replies: 22,128 | Blogger: anxious's blog
So what are you trying to convince us of that no immigrants ever vote tory

^

Of course not. 1,600,000 vote Labour. 1,000,000 Tory.
Report InsiderTrader May 6, 2018 5:23 PM BST
64 per cent of Muslims voted Labour, compared to only 25 per cent for Conservative. Ethnic minority Christians also supported Labour.

Hindus and Sikhs, however, were both more likely to vote Conservative, with 49 per cent of both groups voting Conservative, compared to 41 per cent who voted Labour.
Report lfc1971 May 6, 2018 5:26 PM BST
sceptical of those figures, at least 90% of immigrants will vote labour
however its possible those who would vote labour are less likely to vote
Report anxious May 6, 2018 5:31 PM BST
More drivel
Report lfc1971 May 6, 2018 5:33 PM BST
the guardian will have manipulated the figures, they will not be prepared to let people know the truth, and that is closer to my estimate than their bogus lies
Report InsiderTrader May 6, 2018 5:33 PM BST
Anxious are you disputing the figures 1.6m/1m?
Report politicspunter May 6, 2018 5:34 PM BST

May 6, 2018 -- 11:26AM, lfc1971 wrote:

sceptical of those figures, at least 90% of immigrants will vote labour however its possible those who would vote labour are less likely to vote

lol

Report anxious May 6, 2018 5:34 PM BST
I was replying to lfc
Report lfc1971 May 6, 2018 5:36 PM BST
its very simple the guardian have an agenda, and that is to cover up the facts so as nothing changes
that means they will never say that 90% of immigrants vote labour
I can assure you they will have manipulated their survey
Report lfc1971 May 6, 2018 5:38 PM BST
anyone who thinks those are the correct figures from the guardian is very naïve
Report InsiderTrader May 6, 2018 5:39 PM BST
Anxious,

Do you just selectively reply or do you look at everything on the thread?

For instance do you agree that 67% of black people vote Labour whereas 21% vote Tory?
Report anxious May 6, 2018 5:40 PM BST
Maybe 60-40 i would say is nearer , why are you bothered anyway every vote counts as 1 as far as i know
Report lfc1971 May 6, 2018 5:41 PM BST
no one sensible, not even anxious would believe that
Report anxious May 6, 2018 5:41 PM BST
Most Cities have higher Immigrant populations this is true for over 70 years
Report lfc1971 May 6, 2018 5:42 PM BST
sorry he doesLaugh
Report anxious May 6, 2018 5:43 PM BST
In Manchester we had large afro- Caribbean , Irish and Jewish areas in the 60s and 70s
Report lfc1971 May 6, 2018 5:45 PM BST
neither here nor there anxious, we are merely interested in do they vote tory or labour
Report InsiderTrader May 6, 2018 5:46 PM BST
anxious
06 May 18 17:41
| Topic/replies: 22,134 | Blogger: anxious's blog
Most Cities have higher Immigrant populations this is true for over 70 years

^

London 2001
White: British 4,287,861 (59.79% of London population)

London 2011
White: British 3,669,284 (44.89% of London population)

London 2018?

Things have changed a lot very quickly.
Report anxious May 6, 2018 5:46 PM BST
Most Mancunians are anti -tory  whatever their colour or creed im glad to say Happy
Report InsiderTrader May 6, 2018 5:53 PM BST
Manchester only 7% foreign born.
Report anxious May 6, 2018 5:56 PM BST
No i think its higher than that
Report anxious May 6, 2018 5:57 PM BST
In the last few years quite a lot of Eastern Europeans have arrived
Report InsiderTrader May 6, 2018 5:57 PM BST
That was 2005 figures. So probably more now.
Report politicspunter May 6, 2018 5:58 PM BST
http://www.britishfuture.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Mind-the-gap-report-...
Report flushgordon1 May 6, 2018 7:01 PM BST
Must be loads of micks in Manchester.
Report Meadow X1 May 6, 2018 7:50 PM BST
I don't post often nowadays, mostly because of attitudes that are typical on this thread. Some folks on here will never win at political betting as they are blinkered in their opinions.
Regarding the Barnet council, here was my analysis...
There are 63 council seats in Barnet made up of 21 wards each returning 3 councillors. Before the election on Thursday, Conservatives had 32, Labour 30 and LibDem 1. Nine of the wards were solid tory virtually guaranteed to return 27 councillors, 7 of the wards were solid Labour guaranteed to return 21 councillors.  That left five wards in play..

Brunswick Park-2 lab, 1  con.-Estimate 1 con minimum.

Childs Hill- 2 con, 1 Libdem- Estimate 2 con minimum.

East Barnet- 3 Lab- 3 lab-Estimate 1 con minimum.

Hale- 2 con 1 lab- estimate 2 con minimum.

West Hendon- 3 lab- estimate 1 con minimum.

So I estimated that the conservatives would win a total of no less than 34 seats.
You could have knocked me down with a feather when Ladbrokes/coral priced it as 1/8 Labour, 6/1 Con. I was limited to £50 max con online so then spent the next couple of days betting in shops in my area and beyond.  The mad thing on the night was that even when the tories won the only Labour seat in Hale, meaning it was virtually impossible for Labour to win, folks were still betting Labour at odds on here and con were available at 3.1!!

Anyway, it was a very good night and it never ceases to amaze me why folks back no hopers (like labour in Bexley or Conservative in Hammersmith) as it is simply throwing money away irrespective of their price.
Report flushgordon1 May 6, 2018 7:56 PM BST
Stop aftertiming and virtue signalling meadow,it doesn't become you.
Report Meadow X1 May 6, 2018 7:58 PM BST
flush, it wasn't just me that thought that 1/8 labour quote was nuts, it was mentioned on here on at least two different threads (not by me though!).
Report anxious May 6, 2018 8:16 PM BST
Virtue signalling lol how pathetic again from flasher the tory fanboy
Report flushgordon1 May 6, 2018 8:35 PM BST
I know it was fairly obvious from the week before the tuppeny chews were going to desert Labour. Anxious you seem anxious is it pmt or just chronic inadequacy?
Report treetop May 6, 2018 10:25 PM BST
Virtue signalling lol how pathetic again from flasher the tory fanboy

Laughable anx,I recall flush being Labour several years ago,he may have a brain and think for himself but he is certainly no tory fanboy !
Report flushgordon1 May 7, 2018 2:52 PM BST
Correct flossy ,
Report moisok May 9, 2018 10:56 PM BST
some of the policies are very good but nuclear and immigration are his hugely weak areas - I think corbyn would try to act in the interest of the general public  but there are too many other interests that would deny it
Report moisok May 9, 2018 11:06 PM BST
ps he never expected to become the leader - he has somewhat fked up the regular careerist, place seeking bureaucratic nature of what the suits had turned the party into.  But does anyone think Momentum is the future which seeks to represent the nation?
Report politicspunter May 9, 2018 11:12 PM BST

May 9, 2018 -- 4:48PM, akabula wrote:

As long as Labour supporters like anxious and politicalpunter bury their heads in the sand over jeremys unelectability then the Tories will remain in power.

Lol, akabula still licking his wounds that he never backed against Labour at 1/8 in Barnet as I advised.

Report politicspunter May 9, 2018 11:16 PM BST
Somehow that makes me a labour supporter!
Report akabula May 9, 2018 11:22 PM BST
Not sure what the 1/8 has got to do with my point.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com