Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Dr Crippen
22 Oct 15 10:51
| Topic/replies: 49,672 | Blogger: Dr Crippen's blog
Lack of.

''Theresa May condemns lack of black officers in police forces.''

Why should we need more black police officers?
Why should the police force be representative of the communities regarding ethnicity?

We don't go on about industries like taxi services not being representative of the communities they serve so what's special about the police?
Pause Switch to Standard View Black police officers.
Show More
Report alun2005 October 22, 2015 12:09 PM BST
Indeed Doc. An utterly preposterous concept.

There are no ethnic minority staff in any of the libraries I frequent. I do not feel that my experience has been any more or any less enriched because of it. If and when I want to speak to a police officer, I am not interested in his/her colour, I am interested in his/her competence.
Report mobo October 22, 2015 12:40 PM BST
free speech on this matter dies on the guardian with the censorship nazis  - we are slowly sinking as a nation. It does not matter who you are, if you are breaking the law that is all you need to know and all the police officer needs to do. Then enforce the law.
Report mobo October 22, 2015 12:43 PM BST
I mean all the police officer needs to do is to enforce the law.  Just because there is a lot of black crime in London doesn't mean all the cops are racist.
Stop and search restricted = knife crime up.  Gangs are predominantly black in london. Drugs,weapons knives and guns, rape initiation for the girls.  Wonderful stuff.  Could we claim these gangs are racist for not letting whiteys in???
Report TheBaron October 22, 2015 1:05 PM BST
Another contender.  Competition hotting upLaugh
Report Injera October 22, 2015 3:49 PM BST
"We must ensure that the public have trust and confidence in the police, and that the police reflect the communities they serve," the Press Association reports.

What total bollox. And from a right of centre Tory too.

She's effectively saying that the public can't trust white, male police officers and that we need more women and BMEs.

Her speech was to the National Black Police Association. Cry
Report Eeternaloptimist October 22, 2015 3:58 PM BST
Which competition would that be Baron? Possession of the forum idiot hat? Have a word with crybaby and curious. One of you must surely be able to work out how to get it off crybaby's head and you can then take it in turns to wear it and relieve yourselves in it.
Report Pokermonster October 22, 2015 4:20 PM BST
Members of the police force, and just about everything else of import, should be chosen on the basis of meritocracy.
Report Pokermonster October 22, 2015 4:23 PM BST
Any discrimination at all on the basis of colour, including calls for minimum quotas, is racist and should be roundly vilified.
Report TheBaron October 22, 2015 5:55 PM BST
**** me its catnip for emLaugh
Report Ruth October 22, 2015 7:48 PM BST
last time i was at wembley the burger joint inside had about 20-30 staff members waiting to take orders
every 1 of em was black
when is tessa may gunna get this outrage sorted
thats what i wanna fookin know

My word. I am quite shocked that this forum has become quite so horrid with this language and most clear racism so prevalent and so, well allowed by the moderators.
Burty06 my old friend. What is it about skin pigment that affects you so much?
What is Theresa supposed to do. Introduce quotas of people of a certain skin colour you approve of to serve you your healthy beef burgers?
Finally do you really not understand that a non white woman reading this stuff is both shocked, offended and a bit scared? Maybe you know the effect your obvious hatred has and just don't care or even enjoy?
Report mobo October 22, 2015 7:55 PM BST
It's that white horror of a woman called May you want to be worried about.
Report Injera October 22, 2015 8:01 PM BST
Ruth - do you get irony?
Report Eeternaloptimist October 22, 2015 8:08 PM BST
Ruth

Some of us are offended by groups set up to promote one racial group over any another in any sphere. It is especially troublesome when this happens in law enforcement be that police, bar or any other group. The very thought of a black police officers association is grossly offensive.
Report lfc1971 October 22, 2015 8:47 PM BST
Has anyone asked black British people would they prefer to have white police officers ?
Report lfc1971 October 22, 2015 8:53 PM BST
This look at it this way, would anyone be fearful if arrested by 90% of the worlds policeforce...it would I imagine be a terrifying experience in many countries.
Report Eeternaloptimist October 22, 2015 8:57 PM BST
Has anyone asked black British people would they prefer to have white police officers ?

I'll bet Diane Abbott hasn't.
Report treetop October 22, 2015 9:10 PM BST
How many chinese police officers ? Surely we can analyse all this a bit further if it gets us votes !
Report Dr Crippen October 22, 2015 9:30 PM BST
Is Theresa suggesting that in certain conditions a black officer can be a better policeman than a white officer?

Surely white officers would find that deeply offensive?
Report Pleasegivemeanailedontip October 22, 2015 11:47 PM BST
Not sure shes suggesting anything about addressing the issue - just describing what she sees as failings that have led to the situation she sees now. Doesnt the news imply shes against targets or so called 'positive discrimination'?
Report akabula October 23, 2015 12:24 AM BST
Our Newham reporter has promised to give us his considered views on this subject tomorrow.
Something to look forward to. Wink
Report wildmanfromborneo October 23, 2015 12:34 AM BST
I wonder will these black police officers be let into the Muslim controlled areas of Britain.

You would also hope that black police officers would arrest paedophile religion of peace rapists without fear of damaging social cohesion.
Report mobo October 23, 2015 12:18 PM BST
25 percent muslim in that oldham constituency
the sign of things to come

and I was constantly told what a jackbooted nazi I was to point out what was happening in cities everywhere.
Report jumper October 23, 2015 1:14 PM BST
Countries evolve slowly. We are only passing through in our relatively short periods here even if it's as long as 70/80 years +. After black people coming here in large numbers from the West Indies from the 1950s, largely unskilled, settling here, working in low paid jobs etc, their offspring are better educated than their parents were, working in higher paid employment, and a black middle class has slowly emerged over the last 20 years. The grandchildren of those 1950s economic migrants are now running and winning medals for Team GB and they know no other identity but being British or English, Welsh or Scottish if you define it down further.

Without rambling on any further, let it continue to evolve. No need to make up quotas and pee of the indigenous population and make mountains out of molehills, setting off either side against each other. Bigger issues to worry about such as tax credits, generally inequalities in society, why don't multinational corporations pay more taxes, the mess that is the Middle East, for example.
Report treetop October 23, 2015 2:08 PM BST
It will evolve naturally. We aready have black west indians fighting with asian gangs in the midlands,muslims attacking jews in north London,just a matter of time before we have muslims and hindus killing each other in the streets and soon to be sunni versus shia suicide bombings. Heaven help us when the Zulus and chinese want to come and embrace our culture !
Report alun2005 October 23, 2015 3:31 PM BST
The "Benefits of Multiculturalism" for all to see.

What an "Enrichment" to Britain.
Report Injera October 23, 2015 4:44 PM BST
Dr Crippen 22 Oct 15 21:30 
Is Theresa suggesting that in certain conditions a black officer can be a better policeman than a white officer?

Surely white officers would find that deeply offensive?

She certainly is saying that.

Not only offensive but incredibly ignorant. The so called 'anti racists' are a racist bunch. They emphasise skin colour more than racists do!
Report alun2005 October 23, 2015 4:55 PM BST
The Anti-Racism industry is curiously full of Self-Imagined Anti-Racists.
Report johnizere October 23, 2015 5:43 PM BST
The anti racism industry will always find racism where none exists.
Report Eeternaloptimist October 23, 2015 6:02 PM BST
They have to or their cosy little industry dies.
Report Pleasegivemeanailedontip October 24, 2015 12:19 AM BST
Looks like shes had loads in the net to me.

Pointed out that bme police dont represent the population which appears to be factually true.
Is against positive discrimination which everyone seems to agree with.

Why all the seething?
Report sean rua October 24, 2015 9:20 AM BST
I don't believe any police force in the world has ever been set up to represent the "population", so this talk of some sort of "racial profiling" of cossers being "fairer" or "more effective" in any way is not based on any hard evidence.
It seems a daft idea to me: the really powerful gangs in GB are not, imo, black, so most of the chat on this thread is irrelevant.

As jumper alluded to, most here are trying to make a black or white issue out of something that is nothing of the kind. Jumper mentioned the Chinese; there are also the Vietnamese, the Russians, the Lithuanians,the Albanians, the Algerians, and scores more of factions and groups that seem difficult to categorise including former topboys, the Irish and the Jews.

It ain't easy for the gavvers, but, at the end of the day, they are there to do their master's bidding and control us, not befriend us.
Report Pleasegivemeanailedontip October 24, 2015 10:28 AM BST
The point isnt to set up a police force to represent the population.
The point was to question why it doesnt naturally happen. Is it because of logical reasons that grown ups can accept and say out loud or is it because the force is a big closet racist?
Report mobo October 24, 2015 10:52 AM BST
the gang problem is mainly black in london

wind in the searches because they are racist  = 25 percent increase in knife crime there.
Report Eeternaloptimist October 24, 2015 1:21 PM BST
Nailedon

I'd say that's a complex issue but my admittedly limited experience with the police suggested to me that as an organisation they were desperate to get minority communities on board in terms of policing them and getting people from those communities into the job. Those who they did get they wanted to give every chance to get promotion to reflect the efforts they were making to appear fair and non racist.

Were they successful? Broadly speaking yes I'd say. People forget that the country itself is overwhelmingly still white and native born. Minority groups are heavily concentrated in a few areas in great numbers. Those specific forces may have more problems in terms of recruitment for many reasons but I don't think it is through a lack of effort on their part that more progress hasn't been made in those few locations.
Report mobo October 24, 2015 2:50 PM BST
maybe maybe  but i am rambling on about knife crime 25 percent is a big rise
but the violent offences serious and otherwise have also shot up
but I suppose unless an mp or his children are killed we won't get much action

I don't think many people seriously give a fk about anything unless it touches them
Report sean rua October 24, 2015 2:57 PM BST
Knife crime, moby, is as old as the hills, I'm afraid.

I guess some smart alec will be along soon to say that making guns harder to get is/would be a spur to knife use.

The main problem is that there is always some daft cnt who don't want to stop. 'Tis this stupid macho thing, I think.

Ye are right to say that most folk don't care a fk till it hurts them. This stems from a lack of vision.
Report alun2005 October 24, 2015 2:57 PM BST
An MP was, lest we forget, confronted by a knife-wielder in his own office a few years ago, and the assailant is currently serving "life" (i.e NOT life) for attempted murder.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/nov/03/roshonara-choudhry-jailed-life-attack

The politicians have still failed to act appropriately though.
Report Eeternaloptimist October 24, 2015 3:38 PM BST
Police pensions are the gold standard for sure sean. Belatedly the government have done something about that. I don't know about mortality but it is often a job where you have to deal with the detritus of modern life in all its forms on an ongoing basis which must have a significant effect on a lot of people in terms of their quality of life if not longevity.
Report wildmanfromborneo October 24, 2015 7:18 PM BST
Criminals rarely want to be policeman,they generally hate them.

Good luck in your quest to get Roma or Nigerian policemen.
Report sean rua October 25, 2015 6:03 AM GMT
As ever, wilde drunk, if ye are addressing myself,
ye entirely miss the point.

I don't be hiding behind the Law. I have no quest to get any fkn gavvers of any description.

Obviously, ye have not read my post, as ye are not really as dense and stout as ye let on. Ye just get back from the pub ( it would seem) and start spouting.

I said the "quest" was yet another silly, reformist- in this case con&Unionist party- futile gesture that will achieve fk all good.
Report Pleasegivemeanailedontip October 25, 2015 9:39 AM GMT
Not sure its completely futile. There are times when i think bme do more harm to themselves than good by shouting about injustice but in this case the home secretary seems to have a point which is quite difficult to defend.
If there is any inherent racism in the force then its a bit harder to keep doing it if the home secretary publicly points it out once every so often.
Report Dr Crippen October 25, 2015 11:20 AM GMT
One point that hasn't been mentioned here is the animosity that exists between black people and certain Asians.
We're told that the black community resents being policed by white officers.

Today on the telly I heard young Asian chap say that he'd rather have officers like himself policing the area where he lives. Which highlighted his own personal racism and makes my point.

So how would an Asian feel about a black man turning up to sort out a family squabble at his home?
And how would an Asian officer be treated if the situation were reversed?
Report alun2005 October 25, 2015 11:27 AM GMT
The Anti-Racism Industry won't hear of such pertinent questions.
Report mecca October 25, 2015 11:55 AM GMT
Isn't it lovely how we all live happily in our wonderful multicultural society.

We never had a say in it.... but if we'd have known how great it was gonna be, I'm sure that we would all have voted in favour of mass immigration of different cultures.
Report sean rua October 26, 2015 9:41 AM GMT
What I've seen thoughout life is that folks prefer to sort out their own issues wherever possible. No fkr likes an outsider meddling.

Dr, I alluded to the asian-caribbean hostility in the chat about gangs and criminals. Besides this, west indies bloke don't get on well with africans. This is lucky really, as that last lot of som alis who came in are dynamite altogether.

'Tis rarely a black and white issue ( except on here or in the mail Happy)

Behind all this, the Lithuanians and Russians ( big players) are laughing their co cks off. Maltese, jews, and irish, seem to have slipped into the background, though , overall, including irish descent, the irish are still on top, imo.

I forgot to add that kurds are up and coming.

Point is, Irish have been in the inner cities for yonks.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com