Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ab----t
08 May 15 10:29
| Topic/replies: 783 | Blogger: ab----t's blog
When? Or will Dave dance, duck and dive around the issue past 2020
Pause Switch to Standard View EU Referendem
Show More
Report salmon spray May 8, 2015 10:46 AM BST
Hasn't he promised it in 2017 ?
But as you say he might find a way round it the slimy toad.
Report pawras May 8, 2015 10:51 AM BST
he'll get crucified if he does
Report cricketnut2 May 8, 2015 10:59 AM BST
If he said 2017, then I suppose thats when it will be, but if he doesn't then he has no chance of returning in 2020, if of course he even gets that far. An overall majority of 3/4 is very very little and it would only take a few back benchers, to vote against something and there would be voices of No confidence in the goverment, from the opposition leaders, whoever they are.
Report salmon spray May 8, 2015 11:07 AM BST
Actually we know Cameron is going before 2020 because he has said he won't be leader then and his successor will have to be bedded in.
I must admit I can't see a way round the 2017 but then I am not a duplicitous old Etonian.
Report Burton-Brewers May 8, 2015 12:58 PM BST
actually he does have wriggle room, if he thinks the EU have given him what he wants does he still have to hold one?
Report salmon spray May 8, 2015 1:13 PM BST
I think so. He and most of his party will campaign for a stay-in vote of course.
Report salmon spray May 8, 2015 1:15 PM BST
He's just committed himself again to a referendum.
Report FredRescue May 8, 2015 1:18 PM BST
It is odds on NO referendum by 2019 with Hills Wink
Report wildmanfromborneo May 8, 2015 1:18 PM BST
I don't believe him either.

He is the master of spin,he has no real beliefs just a naked desire for power.
Report GAZO May 8, 2015 1:56 PM BST
dont see how he can get out of it but all those people who think he is willing to take us out of the eu are going to be in for a shock
Report TheFifthEmpire May 8, 2015 6:47 PM BST
«dont see how he can get out of it but all those people who think he is willing to take us out of the eu are going to be in for a shock»

A brexit would be a disaster for british economy BUT the UK and all othher european nations can not accept all those stupid regulations made by Brussels so the solution, I guess, it's to change EU.
Report alun2005 May 8, 2015 6:49 PM BST
There needs to be a serious examination into who can actually vote in it, especially after the face of the Scotland Yes/No referendum where any number of here today, gone tomorrows had the power to end/preserve the Union.
Report flushgordon1 May 8, 2015 6:51 PM BST
2017 because if he doesn't the euroseptics in his own party will start voting against things ,and he has not got a lot of a majority to start fecking about with them.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com