Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
chipfire227
29 Aug 13 20:30
| Topic/replies: 3,793 | Blogger: chipfire227's blog
Good value as only 75 runners and top ten get an I-Phone 5 , but 1500 starting stack and 5 minute blinds ??? Half an hour in and half of the field have less than 12 bb's.

Who came up with that structure ? Even more of a donkfest than usual FFS.
Pause Switch to Standard View Beat the Batsman Promo Final
Show More
Report gnashersblackpool August 29, 2013 9:05 PM BST
im still in, gotlucky with 88 first hand after break v jj, got 4000. blinds 150/300ante50
Report chipfire227 August 29, 2013 9:14 PM BST
Just lost 5k pot with 99 vs a3. lost with qq vs A8 earlier. bonkers.
Report chipfire227 August 29, 2013 9:16 PM BST
That 88 vs jj was on my table
Report gnashersblackpool August 29, 2013 9:57 PM BST
congrats to all the winners.game was over inside 2 hrs, only 75 started.
Report chipfire227 August 29, 2013 10:13 PM BST
Yes one hour and 45 minutes including the break. Like you say its generally came down to running good or bad over one or two hands. We had only played 36 hands on our table before nearly all of us were down to 10 bb's.

Bit of a sickner really when the standard was clearly very bad, but think structure was designed to give the any ace merchants a chance. Glad that clown who called a shove with a9 off vs kk early doors and flopped 9910 then claimed hand was 60/40 didnt finish top 10.

I now have a 22 euros satellite ticket thats fk all use to me, as only sat I can use it in is a rebuy and add on, and thats just a sat to another sat. Strange promo all round.
Report chipfire227 August 29, 2013 10:14 PM BST
On the plus side I can now uninstall the software Laugh
Report Ovalman. August 29, 2013 11:22 PM BST
I wasn't far off the 30th bubble, pushed QJo with around 8 BBs for a steal and called by AQ.

Chip leader at my table had AA twice, KK and AK several times. You can be a LAG or TAG but the bottom line is you can't beat good cards in structures like this.

Can't complain though, it was a decent enough promo with low numbers, you wouldn't get that on Stars.
Report chipfire227 August 30, 2013 10:58 AM BST
You certainly wouldnt get the low numbers for that sort of prizepool on Stars, but I also doubt Stars would set a final up with 1500 stacks, 5 minute blinds and play it full ring. If they run this sort of Promo again and have under 100 runners, and they want to keep the 5 minute blinds, they need to either make it short handed, or increase the starting stacks to 2500 or 3000 in my opinion. At least that way you get to see some cards and play a few hands where you arent all in pre flop.

You dont want it going on all night, but having half the field gone by the first break and a big chunk of the remainder short stacked is a bit daft. And thats intended more as feedback for the Poker Team rather than me having a go. Everything else about the promotion was good, it got me playing a bit of poker with them that I wouldnt have done otherwise.
Report gnashersblackpool August 30, 2013 3:00 PM BST
i would imagine they were expecting more runners than there was, thou with it being cricket related was always going to have plenty of uk based players entering. I like the idea of 5 min blinds, so game doesn't last all night,esp if u bubble, playing 3 or 4 hours in a freeroll for nothing really pees u off.
Report chipfire227 August 30, 2013 3:19 PM BST
The game didnt go in the lobby till yesterday so they must have had an idea how many players were eligible. Must be a sign of how bad things are when they only got 75 runners and the only eligibility criteria was that you had to play some poker 5 days in a row during a test match.

I dont mind 5 minute blinds either playing short handed or with reasonable stack. Must have been only just over an hour  before bubble burst. Surely you dont mind playing 3-4 hours when 10th place gets $900 worth of kit though ?  Surprised
Report chipfire227 August 30, 2013 10:06 PM BST
You also got to bear in mind 1st to 10th all got the same payout meaning instead of the MTT playing out till only one player was left, it ended when we they down to 10 players left, which massively reduces the duration of the game, even when players are using their full timebank every single hand as they were doing last night.
Report annie. August 31, 2013 9:57 PM BST
I was busy playing elsewhere so did not pay attention to the freeroll although I was playing it.  I just assumed it was a huge freeroll for those prizes and played accordingly.  It was only when i was close to going out that I realised that I was 34th and if I had played more conservatively I might have won a phone as I started really well Sad
Report Ovalman. August 31, 2013 10:13 PM BST
I was 33rd or 34th Confused

I played to win an I-phone and not limp for a ticket. Not unhappy with bubbling as I made the right play. As Chips said, everyone was limping so aggression is the right play.
Report chipfire227 August 31, 2013 10:33 PM BST
I couldnt understand people desperately trying to claw their way into 30th for a 10 dollar satellite ticket, I went out 19th shoving from the cut off with 5/4 off suit ( Big Blind called with 44 and I missed my 9 outs on the river ) for which I got  20 dollar ticket which I can only use in a satellite which is a 20 dollar re-buy and add on, and only moves me one step up the ladder.

Cant see me even using the ticket as it will almost certainly cost me 20 bucks for an add on and it will almost certainly end is failure. Laugh

I do really feel for whoever finished 11th like !!
Report Ovalman. August 31, 2013 11:13 PM BST
You can understand people limping Happy:) This is a gambling site.
Report chipfire227 September 1, 2013 11:38 AM BST
I havent said anywhere on the thread that people were limping ? On the tables I played people were generally using the full 20 seconds on every hand then folding unless they had a hand including an ace in which case they shoved all their chips in and hoped for the best.

When everyone is doing this it takes forever to play just one hand and it got worse as it got nearer the bubble. One fella was pleading with the others on his table to use the maximum timebank on every hand and for all of them to agree to just fold, his rationale being that if they did this the players on the other table would knock one another out guaranteeing him a cash.

There was minimal post flop play that I saw, but perhaps it was just my ( lack of ) luck that meant I was sat with a mob of push fold merchants that always seemed to hit their 3 outs.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com