Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Keith A
03 Mar 13 19:25
| Topic/replies: 901 | Blogger: Keith A's blog
GL sir
Pause Switch to Standard View Doobs on FT of GUKPT London
Show More
Report "M" March 3, 2013 10:55 PM GMT
GL doob!
Report Mr Snap March 3, 2013 11:53 PM GMT
http://www.gukpt.com/live-stream-2/
Report Mr Snap March 3, 2013 11:55 PM GMT
03/03/2013 23:25 – New Chip Leader!
Marc Wright and David Barraclough get it all in pre in a button vs big blind hand.
David has J-J vs the 2-2 of Marc.
The board runs out 4–K–K–3–6.
David takes the pot with two pair, doubling to 3 million chips and is now chip leader!!
Marc is down to just 700,000.
Report singlecask March 4, 2013 12:10 AM GMT
take it down now m8 gl
Report Mr Snap March 4, 2013 2:01 AM GMT
1st – £56,000 – Martin Bader
2nd – £62,000 – David Barraclough
3rd – £50,000 – Paul Alterman

Wp that man :-)
Report chipfire227 March 4, 2013 11:51 AM GMT
Poor cheezer will be gutted. Laugh

Nice work !
Report Ovalman. March 4, 2013 1:57 PM GMT
VWD Doobs.
Report Sven Vath March 4, 2013 4:45 PM GMT
Congrats, well done :)
Report Dooberama March 4, 2013 9:29 PM GMT
Thanks everyone.

Now at least I won't have to listen to Keith A bragging about his live record every time he turns up at the same live event as me. 

And of course snap still has the best brag, did anybody hear he once won at the forum game?  Likes to keep it to himself mind.
Report wingdings2 March 5, 2013 12:16 AM GMT
Very well done Doobs! Nice to read something good on this forum.
Report appollo March 6, 2013 12:54 AM GMT
Massive well done Doobs, chuffed to bits for you!
Report appollo March 6, 2013 1:02 AM GMT
P.S. You might not be the official winner of the event, but to me you are, winning more than anybody else taking part!
Great poker and fanastic negotiations skills!
Report Mr Snap March 6, 2013 11:55 PM GMT
Slightly worrying that given how dead the forum is these days my merry tale may well now be interesting!!

Excited
Report Dooberama March 7, 2013 12:18 AM GMT
Don't think there was much to my negotiation skills.  We were all about level with 20 BBs 5 handed so when someone suggested a deal, it made sense.  I was surprised Marc "dean23price" Wright didn't ask for more, as he was playing the best, had a few more chips than anyone else, and is one of the very top MTT players on the internet. I pretty much sat back and just agreed to an even split.

4 handed someone suggested all getting 50 each, and I said no, as I had twice as much as anyone else, but then thought F it, 50k sounds so much better than 45k,and I thought my luck must run outs soon, so decided to take it.

Heads up my opponent suggested splitting the last 18k, 10 to 8.  I think I had more than a 2:1 chip lead, so insisted on 12 to 6 and that was it.  I'd have been happy to play it out, given I had the 50K guaranteed, and I thought I was playing best. Luckily he went for it.

So my negotiation skills weren't that great.

Martin was a deserving winner, I had used up a lot of luck up dragging my short stack to the heads up, and it was only fair somebody else ran good once I was there.
Report shudacuda March 7, 2013 1:23 PM GMT
Nice result sir.
Report fedddddddd uppppppppp March 7, 2013 1:52 PM GMT
WD Doobs... would of prefered 1st meself, as no1 remembers 2nd.. but hey.. a gr8 payday..

keep up the good work.. hopefully Betfair will take notice and offer u a sponsorship :)

NOW LEND US 10K U C * * T!

Jeffmoon

ExcitedExcitedLoveLoveCoolLaugh
Report danners March 7, 2013 8:59 PM GMT
Very well played Doobs................not been on here for months and I guess a sign of the Betfair community times that this great success has only attracted a handful of comments
Report casemoney March 8, 2013 11:22 PM GMT
wp very nice result Happy
Report Dests March 9, 2013 4:40 PM GMT
Get on here very very rarely nowadays but saw how well you did Doobs and just wanted to say vwd!! :)
Report The Klup March 12, 2013 11:29 PM GMT
Congrats Doobs!!!

Fantastic result and totally delighted for you.

Only just saw this ... been off the forum recently.
Report jamesbeckton. March 23, 2013 10:38 PM GMT
wp. I came 30th in this. Did I play you at all?

How didn't you beat Martin? He's a fish!
Report Dooberama March 25, 2013 12:22 PM GMT
I found your photo, and don't remember you at any of my tables, James.

This is the hand that clinched it.  Left me with just over 1m.

At the start of the heads up, I was raising every button, and Martin was probably folding more than he was calling.  We had one big pot where I raised 60 to 150K, where he shoved 1.3m with 66.  I called with A7 off and he held.  After that I had a chip lead that was roughly 2:1, so we did a deal where I took 62k and he took 56K (previous deals meant we were both gteed 50K and were playig for 18k, the seat and the trophy).  We were now just playing for a 2k grand final seat and the trophy.

Since then he started calling or shoving every button raise and calling or shoving most of my 3 bets too.  He called my raises twice with J4 off and hit the 4 twice and didn't find a fold.  I think he has been all in at least half a dozen times, I'd guess about 1 hand in 5, and each time I have had something terrible and folded.

At the start of the hand I think he has somewhere between 2.5 and 3m (this is wrong, but will come to that). 

He raises from the button to 180K (blinds 30K to 60K).  I look down and see AsKs, and given his current game, make it 500K.  He said to the dealer something like, "I can't fold this hand and you'll see why" and calls.  The flop is Th3hTd. 

I bet out 600K, he shoves after a pause.  When I bet out, I was always calling a shove.  When I get a count, it is 2.2m to call (It surprised me how much, but there are lots of stacks of 5k and 10ks and I hadn't made the effort to count them all recently).  There is 4.4m total in the pot already and I am getting 2/1 the call.

I assumed that he would have been all in pre with most of his pairs and big hands given several recent all ins.  I sat there and decided his range was a few stray small pairs, an odd 3 or 10, lots of flush draws and a fair few hands he got stubborn with.  I assumed he was the type to just call the bet with a 10.

I was fairly aware this call might look terrible to a casual observer and called after a big think.

He turns over Tc2c and I am drawing very thin, until he hits the house on the turn.

Think call must be right vs his range and given the way he was playing.  Shoved a king, called by an ace soon after. At the time, I had ran really hot in the previous few hours, and got the biggest share of the prize fund, so wasn't at all upset. The call still doesn't look bad to me. 

I guess I could have small balled the heads up, but I had a monster and he just didn't appear to be folding anything at the time.   

FWIW He said he had called with T2 the previous day and flopped a house with the same dealer.
Report Waheyyyy April 1, 2013 10:53 PM BST
A bit late but WP Doobs Cool
Report MC Roller April 2, 2013 5:14 PM BST
Excellent result doobs. Well played.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com