Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GrandTilt
27 Mar 12 14:36
| Topic/replies: 1,043 | Blogger: GrandTilt's blog
I thought you might like to know about our plans for April.

LOWER BUY-INS, BIG PRIZES

This April we're going Sit & Go crazy with not one but TWO huge Sit & Go leaderboard promotions, paying out a total of $60,000 in cash prizes and SNG tickets, and best of all it's only for players that play at stakes of $25 and below!

This is not an April Fools' joke...

We really are giving away $60,000 in leaderboards for lower stakes players so, if  Sit & Go's are your thing, it's MADNESS to play your poker anywhere else but Betfair this April.

Love

http://poker.betfair.com/en/promotions/april_sng_madness.php
Pause Switch to Standard View April SNG Promo info
Show More
Report Burton-Brewers March 27, 2012 2:56 PM BST
ooh lovely, hope the leaderboard tables will be easy to find as I am useless
Report chipfire227 March 27, 2012 7:56 PM BST
Mmm, there was only one UK based player in the top 30 of last weeks STT leaderboard so I dont think this promo will be of much interest to anyone here. I deffo dont fancy 6 tabling 10 hours a day for 7 day days to win bobbins, though obviously the sums involved have greater value in the former Eastern Bloc countries.

I also note D2NS are not included. So anyone playing 20$ D2Ns on here, who is already paying more rake than they would on 888, I-POKER, Stars, and just about any other network in the free world, also gets excluded from an STT promotion.

That's fantastic. More joined up thinking there !lETS EXCLUDE EVERYONE FORM THE STT promotion, that plays our most popular STT's. Laugh

What exactly are Betfair doing to keep my STT business ?

So far this year the amount of rakeback I've paid reads :

January 821

February 512

March 239

And I can see April being in double figures, lets face it,it would actually be MADNESS to continue playing D2NS here.
Report Anora March 28, 2012 11:00 AM BST
so the bonuses is hot... Tables will be full.... No joking.
Report trueblue March 28, 2012 1:25 PM BST
Chip,

I would have thought if you have a BF badge next to your name that you would check your facts before stating something like that? I Poker charge exactly the same fee across their stake levels actually charge more at the $2 range. 888 you are right but only on Turbo tables, the standard D2N's are the same. Only stars are constantly lower across the board but then you bring in different level of competition.

its worth looking around but depending on your game when you ar elooking at pure fees Ongame are not way off in this area so where ever you play it will be the same.

TB
Report chipfire227 March 28, 2012 4:20 PM BST
I wasnt aware I had anything next to my name ???

Nobody on Gods earth is going to contest an STT Leaderboard and not be playing the quickest level STT's that aren't coinflips, so lets  look at the facts I have allegedly got wrong.

This is a game I played on BET365 :

626546821 (iPoker)
Holdem NL Super Turbo Double or Nothing    Buy In: $20+$1.20

And this is one I played on 888

36127345 (Pacific)
Holdem NL Turbo Double or Nothing    Buy In: $20+$1.50

So thats 6% on Ipoker and 7.5% on 888, compared to 10% on Ongame playing D2N's with blind levels between 2 and 5 minutes for 20$ stakes.

You can dress that up however much you like, but saying to the D2N player we will charge you more than anyone else, and whats more from April we are also going to exclude you from our Leaderboards, on the off chance we can get them functional, is just plain daft.

Like I said they were getting about 85% of my business in January when I was one of the dozen or so UK STT players making the Skill and Go Leaderboard every week. They now get about 25% of my business and next month they will get very little or none of it.

They haven't even said why they are changing the rules to exclude D2N players, but it makes absolutely no commercial sense whatsoever. Anyone with half a brain can see that the biggest winner from these games are the networks. Then again I've reached the point where I genuinely think they are clueless.
Report NickFiickTheOriginal March 30, 2012 1:37 AM BST
On the $20k D2N excluded. On the $40k it says INCLUDED.

Main point is size of rake on D2N compared to others so surprised not picked up by regulars. I think it has which is why they play their volume elsewhere. I do not play D2Ns but can clearly see the difference is hardly to make those profitable for me on Betfair.

As for the casual (i.e. works long hours outside of poker) player - no chance of putting in the volume of a leaderboard win, unless he/she takes a week off work. Even then I would not want to grind out the hours.

And to have the top places it is playing the relevant games at the faster structures and be profitable.

Though playing an odd week with no MTTs/cash may be good for me.

I'm more likely to do win a top prize on a 20 or 100 block run on Stars than here.
Report margo1988 March 30, 2012 3:07 AM BST
40k=10k every week.
And 20k STT madness not only Betfair... this promotion all Ongame!
Report chipfire227 March 30, 2012 11:12 AM BST
As I said initially, its a promo aimed at full time players in countries where £7 an hour is a decent living wage.

The 10k weekly skill and go leaderboards have been running for a while, looks like Ongame are sticking an extra $20,000 into the pot, but it isn't something that will interest UK players. Even gnasher has said he wont kill himself chasing these sort of promos.

Personally I like to see muti-tabling cake chasers at the D2N tables as they are so easy to play against, their ranges are so predictable they may as well be getting their cards dealt face up.
Report gnashersblackpool March 30, 2012 6:12 PM BST
it really should say the 20k race is a network race, even if it buried in the t and c's.
Report harter March 31, 2012 7:30 PM BST
The promotions are clearly won by bots. There's no way anyone could play as much poker as is required to win one of these prizes and not be on the verge of a heart attack from lack of movement.
Report lol_rng_lol April 9, 2012 4:56 PM BST
Betfair always have problems. Sng Leaderboard isnt work. Betfair Shop dont work. Support always dont understand questions and answer trash. WTF is going on here???
Report chipfire227 April 9, 2012 8:27 PM BST
The Leaderboards havent worked for months.The Helpdesk is worse than useless. They also seemed to have binned the Q and A sessions, 4 months since the last one and nothing in the pipeline.

Tis a sinking ship I reckon. Sad
Report cherrypicker April 10, 2012 11:29 AM BST
Yeah these are not working, however I'm 100% got a payout of some description due but when do they payout ???
Report Bishy April 12, 2012 6:24 PM BST
never....bf shlthole
Report seaqe April 15, 2012 8:34 PM BST
so when are we supposed to get anything? do you need 1000+points? i think you forgot to tell its for the full time grinders only.
Report ruebe123 April 18, 2012 10:33 AM BST
when will the s'n'g ticket  promo be paid out? waiting for five 5 dollar sng tickets according to the ranking when it was still available .
Report Mpkr April 23, 2012 1:14 PM BST
Nice. I agree.
Report glub May 9, 2012 12:39 PM BST
i sharkscoped the last weeks leaderboard winners. they didnt look pretty. how does losing 1000 to win 350 work?
Report gnashersblackpool May 9, 2012 6:29 PM BST
ca ke on top as well.
Report chipfire227 May 11, 2012 8:03 PM BST
A lot of them wont be on rakeback, they will be on Players Club. With the new STT points system would have to play a lot to make up the £650 shortfall AND make a living wage.

Though obviously these promos are aimed at players from countries where you can feed yourself for a tenner a week.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com