Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
04 Nov 09 09:03
| Topic/replies: 14,208 | Blogger: Betfair Customer Services's blog
Last night we re-launched the HOT! 6-Shooter $3,600 Guaranteed. There was a total of 20 players who entered to try to beat Kunku wap at his own game. This resulted in a record prize pool of $6,300. What did you all think of it?
Pause Switch to Standard View All guns blazing for the re-launch of...
Show More
Report Simon Phoenix November 4, 2009 10:07 AM GMT
Can i just comment on the $100 turbo 6pac at 9.35 ish. 1500 *****isn't enough imo, 2000 would be better.
Report system99 November 4, 2009 10:32 AM GMT
i think 20 players nion doubling a gtd pool a little amousing tbh
Report Dooberama November 4, 2009 10:44 AM GMT
I'd go further than Simon Phoenix. That $100 game at 9.35 is just about the worst multi I have ever played in. 6 handed with 5 minute blinds and 1500 starting *****means you are just coin flipping 20 minutes in. Yuu get scenarions 30 minutes in where you have A7 and you have to push and someone has QJ and they have to call. It really does seem to have become a bigger donkfest than the EWS.

You have a $50 turbo starting at 7.45 with 3000 ***** yet when we stump up $100, you give us 1500 and make us play 6 handed to speed it up further. As soon as the massive overlay goes I will simply not play it again. If ever there was a symbol of what you have done wrong with multis it is that pos tourney.

I like the 6 shooter, shame there isn't be more people in it, but there really isn't much to keep the target audience on your site. I wish you had started the league table last week! I don't see why you have put it on so late though, surely as it was a relaunch you didn't have to stick to the old "bad time" It isn't like it will clash with any of the other stuff you offer at 8.

Doobs
Report Soap November 4, 2009 10:47 AM GMT
Mail the 20 people who played it you clowns
Report Rowland Browning November 4, 2009 11:27 AM GMT
Well, of the 19 players who weren't kunku wap, it's likely on 7 read the forum and of those 7 maybe 2 will see this thread. 1 of them will prob find it pointless to respond to this thread and the other wasn't me.

i could quadruple the traffic on your site in a month if you listened to me but you wont so i wont bother.
Report Dooberama November 4, 2009 11:38 AM GMT
to be fair to be, I am a bit weird on emails/spam, so don't really like getting emails from bf*, but happy to respond here.

and I wasn't in the 20, but have probably played 5 times or so since the relaunch.

and e-mailing just the 20, would mean they don't get to all the potential players, and they get no publicity.

but emailing the 20 would obviously be a good idea, but maybe I'd put it more nicely.

Doobs

* obviously would be happy receiving one telling me that certain players have been banned for colluding and here is several thousand dollars back.
Report Tony Montana2 November 4, 2009 11:39 AM GMT
Betfair could have 10k players on there site in 2 weeks its easy
Report barretta November 4, 2009 11:40 AM GMT
To be fair it looks like they are trying to improve things with their recent comments. And the fact they are asking the forum for feedback about this individual tourny is quite promising. I wont be back playing here until the collusion rumours stop though.
Report Rowland Browning November 4, 2009 12:01 PM GMT
a $300 buy in is just daft, excludes 95% of potenital clients.
Report Rowland Browning November 4, 2009 12:02 PM GMT
if i pay $300 i want the chance to win atleast $10k.
Report Dooberama November 4, 2009 12:19 PM GMT
Rowland Browning 04 Nov 13:01

a $300 buy in is just daft, excludes 95% of potenital clients.

Yah, they just don't have enough $50 turbos that appeal to the masses :|
Report Rowland Browning November 4, 2009 12:27 PM GMT
a load of standard fare $10-$100 mtts is the same as a goodf healthy diet for a child . bf is brought up on ronnies
Report Mr Myxlplyx November 4, 2009 2:10 PM GMT
100% you need a couple of afternoon satts to the $33 satt.

run them as $6 and $11 and do not make them rebuys.

place be mobbed
Report KunkuWap November 4, 2009 3:16 PM GMT
If im not mistaken, didn't this tourney use to run as a $500 and get decent amount of runners? It was so long ago that I don't remember it well.

I do agree 100% that its stupid to have a $100 turbo that has less *****than the $50 turbo. I think both should start with 3k ***** I do like turbo tourneys as they are over quick and doesn't intrude too much into the morning so you miss work or are too tired (for those that have to get up at reasonable time).

Re: 6 handed - $300 I think betfair does need something than a $100 buyin nightly for the 2.5-5nl + cash players that want to dabble in an mtt. HOWEVER, more satelites should run for sure so that all can have fair chance of playing.

What do you guys think of crapshoot sats like chip n chair ones or maybe the super turbo they have on FT where you start with 300 *****so there is slight element of skill? I would like to see the numbers rise in the $300 6 handed and I think the best way is offer A LOT of sats that people want.

Thoughts?
Report ForumTramps November 4, 2009 3:26 PM GMT
Chip and chair are awful. The 6 shooter is a good tournament. Betfair however have alienated players so much over recent years one or two decent tournaments will not make up for it. Obviously in Kunku they have a good ambassador for betfair poker, P.R. wise better than the other three sponsored pros combined. Annette is good for betfair poker but mizzi and jepsen wtf? Kunku I think you should not put too much effort into betfair poker unless you have serious incentive. If you are on a similar deal to other sponsored pros who do virtually zero it is a disgrace.
Report McCoy Carp November 4, 2009 3:59 PM GMT
It's a no brainer - of course we want more sats, and sats into sats if necessary. One of my poker highlights of last year was coming 9th in a BF 100k all for about $5. Sat, sat, main game.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com