Forums

Other Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
marychain1
12 May 14 22:14
| Topic/replies: 28,704 | Blogger: marychain1's blog

Stage 04
GIOVINAZZO - BARI

13th May 2014
112 KM - Flat

Another flat stage, and a very short one after the rest day and transfer from Dublin to Bari. This one starts in Giovinazzo, goes west along the Adriatic coast for a few miles before cutting inland and round back east to Bari before 8 city centre laps. I can't see any reason why this won't end in another bunch sprint, and that surely means another stage win for the red jersey Marcel Kittel.

Kittel came from so far back in Stage 3 to pip Ben Swift that it seems difficult to imagine a way Kittel gets beaten if he stays upright. I think Bouhanni is the second best sprinter here and he's the one that can come closest. Viviani's Cannondale seem like they have got the train most likely to put Giant under pressure. Swift will probably be more focussed on tomorrow's stage. There's nothing wrong with no bet tomorrow but for a bit of interest I will be having another small each way bet on Nacer Bouhanni.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 14
By:
cedarmaster
When: 12 May 14 23:40
After being very negative about EBH so far this season he did a great ride on stage 3 to lead out Ben Swift who was so unlucky not to grab the stage only losing to a superhuman effort from Kittel. EBH didnt drop away ahd carried on to finish 6th so well done him. Rumours are that he is leaving Sky at the season end and joining BMC, can any one on here confirm this?
Talking of BMC i like the way Cadel Evans always seems to be riding at the right place, you very rarely see him go down and there have been so many crashes so far. He seems an intelligent rider probably through experience and i hope he gets a podium spot ant the end of the Tour.

as for Stage 4, its Kittel's to lose really.
By:
SwingingPick
When: 13 May 14 04:44
No confirmation yet from what I can see, but given EBH got to ride the Giro like he wanted, I'm not sure it's that big of a story at the moment.

Kittel should have this stage, but I'm following MC into a small E/W bet of Nacer Bouhani, for interest. Cool SP
By:
marychain1
When: 13 May 14 10:51
Given the prices of Bouhanni and Viviani on here, the only two I can see realistically beating Kittel, I've had win bets on both Bouhanni and Viviani at 12 and 15 respectively.
By:
marychain1
When: 13 May 14 13:21
Kittel out due to illness! Happy days!
By:
GoBallistic
When: 13 May 14 14:00
Illness had more chance of beating Kittel than any sprinter in this race
By:
marychain1
When: 13 May 14 16:02
True. Bouhanni mechanical and bike change right as they go through the bell Cry
By:
marychain1
When: 13 May 14 16:14
Viviani down and took out Bouhanni
By:
marychain1
When: 13 May 14 16:17
Bouhanni!!! Incredible! How the hell did he win that?! Shocked Laugh
By:
SwingingPick
When: 13 May 14 16:22
Well done MC -- back on home soil and back to winning ways. Laugh Brilliant effort by Bouhani -- just had the legs today after all that work. Grin SP
By:
SwingingPick
When: 13 May 14 16:28
Great work by the team to get him back on, but quite amazing he made it across to GIA train, and then to get the best of the remaining riders. Not sure about the neutralizing call by OGE -- fans want some proper racing. Hope no riders are badly injured with some of those final lap crashes coming thick and fast. SP
By:
Dope
When: 13 May 14 16:47
"Not sure about the neutralizing call".

"final lap crashes coming thick and fast".

Seems like a good call then.

Red all over today thanks to Kittel Blush, Bouhanni not the worst though Happy
By:
cedarmaster
When: 13 May 14 21:17
great shout MC :)
By:
ClayDavis
When: 13 May 14 21:53
Brilliant MC
By:
SwingingPick
When: 14 May 14 04:23
Yes, good call by the race regulator Marco Velo to neutralize the final lap of the stage, I agree, however it was poor judgement by OGE to slow the peloton prior to that, simply because it is not a rider's or riders' call to neutralize the race. In fact, in the UCI Discipline and Procedures regulations, riders can be punished for such behaviour or actions (28. and to some extent 17.2). Moreover, it looks poorly on tv, and doesn't at-all translate well with fans of the sport. Sure, the safety of the riders is paramount, no arguments there, however UCI has procedures in place to handle such matters as evidenced by Velo's prudent decision, and riders should be respectful of that which in this case it appeared as if they weren't. As an Australian and a fan of the Australian Cycling program and OGE -- I would be foolish not to question such behaviour by riders representing my country. SP
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com