Forums

Other Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Dope
14 Mar 12 21:37
| Topic/replies: 130 | Blogger: Dope's blog
This is going to be interesting... but probably not for the whole 7 hours!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 13
By:
MeatIsMurder
When: 16 Mar 12 22:22
A proper day's racing!
I really don't fancy Cav, think the Sky line up in not great, no idea why Lovkvist is in there.
Degenkolb at 66/1
Petacchi at 66/1
Renshaw at 150/1

Bit of interest!
Tune in after 3 hours in my top tip
By:
Geordie
When: 17 Mar 12 11:36
anyone fancy laying me Boonen top 3 for a few quid at 5´s? market is dead.
By:
Jimmy_McNulty
When: 17 Mar 12 14:55
http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/allez-triple-2012-road-bike-ec030704

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/claud-butler/san-remo-2011-road-bike-ec027608

Both of these are priced around £550.  Can anyone tell me which is the better bike?

Thanks in advance.
By:
MeatIsMurder
When: 17 Mar 12 16:56
Are there any decent cycling forums out there?
By:
MeatIsMurder
When: 17 Mar 12 17:08
Gerrans wins, fair play to the lad, no idea what Nibali was playing at, pointless getting into the break if he was going to try and hang on for Sagan.
By:
Geordie
When: 17 Mar 12 17:09
Shame that Spartacus couldn`t see it home. MeatisMurder, try Cyclingnews, over 1000 comments about todays race!
By:
MeatIsMurder
When: 17 Mar 12 18:18
Cheers pal
By:
Geordie
When: 17 Mar 12 22:46
Jimmy, unless you need to buy from Evans (C2W) I personally wouldn´t spend 500 quid+ on a road bike that has Shimano 2300 on it.
Check out wiggle, I would say the Raleigh Airlite 300 there is different class to your 2 suggestions and its essentially the same price.

If you just want one of the 2 you suggested, get the Allez, it`ll ride lots smoother than the Claude Butler as it has carbon forks rather than rigid steel.
By:
Jimmy_McNulty
When: 18 Mar 12 14:45
Cheers for the advice geordie.  I was just looking at Evans as it has most makes of bike.  I would probably purchase from Edinburgh cycle in Newcastle.  What is so bad about shimano 2300?  With the two i mentioned are you just buying the name rather than any quality?  Do you have any other alternative bikes that could be worth looking at even if i have to pay extra?  Scott? Giant?

Thanks again.
By:
Jimmy_McNulty
When: 18 Mar 12 14:47
I don't really want to buy online as i would prefer to go to the store and get fitted.  Do you cycle Geordie? What bike do you have?
By:
Geordie
When: 18 Mar 12 16:57
Shimano have different levels of equipment, the lowest is 2300, then sora, then tiagra etc  Other companies also have these levels SRAM APEX are the budget ones that may see.  I`m sure 2300 is ok but for 550 quid I would want more.

The Pinnacle Dolomite 2 at Evans looks pretty good.

I ride a Canyon Ultimate Al, Canyons all get good reviews and I wouldn`t disagree with them.
By:
Jimmy_McNulty
When: 18 Mar 12 20:53
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/gt-gtr-series-4-2011/

What do you think of this one?

I will check the pinnacle bike.
By:
Tucker Max
When: 22 Mar 12 16:56
how can a country of 20 odd million on the other side of the world  be so dominent in Europe in this sport?

#FatLazyBrokeEuropeans ?
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com