Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
jedi sophie
06 Nov 20 04:25
| Topic/replies: 10,843 | Blogger: jedi sophie's blog
Very sad to see, dont think I've ever seen a team so decimated in my entire life with injuries,bad luck and unfortunately now Covid.

Amazing up to this evening been so competitive.
Show More
Report jedi sophie November 6, 2020 3:29 AM GMT
The rebuild in my view must begin with a new quarterback.
I've discussed the merits or lack of them on here with many.

Jimmy G is not good enough and never will be.

The denise actually began when he missed a wide open Sanders by 2 yards to win the Superbowl.

That should have sealed his fate when you set that beside his entire 4th quarter performance in that game.

Hes regressed even more now and to me is actually now playing scared, scared to get hit,scared to let throws go.

Plenty of options out there for next season depending on factors at play elsewhere.
Report jedi sophie November 6, 2020 3:29 AM GMT
On schedule for around an 80 point turnaround from NFC Championship.

Says it all really.
Report GoBallistic November 6, 2020 10:40 AM GMT
They could move on from Garoppolo cheaply after this season but not really before then because of the way his contract is structured

He's an average starter when fully fit but he's not fully fit anywhere near often enough to be paid that sort of money.  They rushed him back too early with a gimpy ankle - maybe not that surprising when you see the alternatives like Mullins

Kyle Shanahan is said to be a big fan of Kirk Cousins from when he was OC for the Redskins which could be good news for Vikings fans Grin
Report jedi sophie November 6, 2020 10:49 AM GMT
Yes end of season ballistic....

I think they would be better off with Mullins next year, and 25m to spend elsewhere than Jimmy.... Run heavy attack and scheme.

The guy is a turnover machine for ffs, especially over the middle.

Wait for Number 12.ExcitedHappy

If next season it seems Cousins or Ryan in frame, both have financial complications for the other team though....

Cousins barely an upgrade at all.
Report GoBallistic November 6, 2020 12:15 PM GMT
I'd still say the future is looking good for the 49ers.  Plenty of talent on that roster

When it comes to supply and demand of QBs - these days supply is starting to outstrip demand and a lot of talented QBs are ending up on basketcase poorly coached teams where they've got next to no chance.  It seems to me that the best offensive minds around (like Shanahan is reputed to be) should be able get someone on the cheap, plug them into their great scheme and see them improve beyond recognition while spending the money that is saved on the rest of the roster.  It's mind-boggling to me that someone like Sean McVay would tie themselves to someone as mediocre as Goff on ludicrous long-term money - it's giving up whatever advantage he had and then some
Report jedi sophie November 6, 2020 12:51 PM GMT
Goff and Wentz two bad examples of overspending imo....
Report tobermory November 15, 2020 9:30 PM GMT
It's a shame that Watson and Stafford are stuck on teams that are run too badly to be contenders.

Surely Mullens is not good enough to manage them to super bowls though ?

I think they will probably get Ryan on a 3 year deal.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com