Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
themightymac
16 Jul 18 22:28
| Topic/replies: 30,193 | Blogger: themightymac's blog
That time of the year again. Showpiece event live at 1.00am. As a betting opportunity, it can prove a bit hit and miss (if you pardon the unintentional pun) but it can also prove a fun event and it`s all about finding a little bit of value. It looks wide open this year but the bookies have Bryce Harper favourite with the event being held at his home field this year in Washington. Harper hasn`t been playing well this year and players from the home team have a terrible record in the event, so personally I couldn`t have him at such a short price around 5/2. Aguilar, Bregman, Baez and Hoskins are fine players but don`t strike me as major Home Run hitters. Schwarber and Muncy do though but can they do it consistently in a competition like this? Personally I don`t think so. So of the eight entrants, this leaves only one and imo the possible winner at a decent price, Freddie Freeman @ 10/1. He is powerful and has one of the most fluent swings in Baseball. Critics say that because he hits so many line drives this event will go against him as fly ball hitters have a big advantage. Perhaps so, but I think not and to me 10/1 is too big to miss. Of all the players I think that he has more chance of getting in a good rhythm, a necessity which is needed to win this and he is only 10/1 because he plays the warm fav Harper in the first match up.  Of course, Harper can beat him but like I said earlier Harper has not been swinging the bat this year as well as he has done in previous seasons and being on his home field will add more pressure. I am prepared to take a chance on Freddie and if he knocks out Harper in first match, he`ll probably go favourite. I have also bet him @ 13/8 to beat Harper. If he does this, a profit is guaranteed, regardless of the final outcome. My bets are:

Outright Winner: FREDDIE FREEMAN @ 10/1
1st Round: FREEMAN TO BEAT HARPER @ 13/8

FULL OUTRIGHT BETTING

HARPER 5/2
AGUILAR 11/2
MUNCY 6/1
SCHWARBER 6/1
BAEZ 6/1
HOSKINS 8/1
FREEMAN 10/1
BREGMAN 12/1
Pause Switch to Standard View 2018 HOME RUN DERBY