Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
orioles
09 Apr 15 20:23
| Topic/replies: 9,509 | Blogger: orioles's blog
Has the forum fallen over in the last year?

If anyone's interested, I'm posting baseball picks on my BF blog and I'd love to discuss my lack of talent

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 30
By:
themightymac
When: 10 Apr 15 16:20
The forum has died a slow death Orioles. All the good MLB posters gone. Last year I was talking to myself, so gave up. Talking to oneself is the first sign of insanity, so I`m told. Good to see you back and in fine form My Learned Friend.

I`m always interested in your tips - for elimination purposes LaughLaughWhoops
By:
orioles
When: 10 Apr 15 22:46
Words can hurt, you know
By:
orioles
When: 10 Apr 15 22:47
By:
orioles
When: 10 Apr 15 22:47
God. It really is broken!!
By:
themightymac
When: 10 Apr 15 22:50
No Blog??
By:
themightymac
When: 10 Apr 15 22:54
I like the Cardinals with Lackey on the mound plus I like betting against Marquis who is past his sell by date.

CARDINALS my only bet tonight @ 8/11
By:
themightymac
When: 11 Apr 15 00:36
I see B365 are showing all the games this year.
By:
orioles
When: 11 Apr 15 01:31
My blog is knackered, but BF are unable or unwilling to fix the problem.

For the truly dedicated you can get to it by going to http://community.betfair.com and it's one of the featured blogs on the right.
By:
themightymac
When: 11 Apr 15 18:53
Thanks Orioles. Good start. And Reds are winning just now.

My long time method is to concentrate on the Pitchers. Doesn`t always work as when a top Pitcher is off - one is doomed.

My picks Saturday:

SF (Bumgarner) 20/21
Angels (Weaver) 10/13
Dodgers (Kershaw) 10/21

Good luck
By:
orioles
When: 11 Apr 15 19:41
Always a sound principle mm.

I play streaks too and I like to oppose aces with poor records against a particular team - even as lineups have changed.

I'm doing well at the moment, but it can't last
By:
orioles
When: 11 Apr 15 19:43
Tigers @ 1.91
Braves @ 1.83
Reds@ 1.8
Rockies @ 1.91

[11-3, 7.78]
By:
themightymac
When: 11 Apr 15 19:56
Of course it can last O. Be positive.
By:
orioles
When: 11 Apr 15 22:04
O positive? Sounds bloody hard
By:
themightymac
When: 12 Apr 15 01:24
Kershaw gives up 7 hits in 3 innings Shocked Positive thing is he has only given up 2 runs.

And Bumgarner gives up 2 runs in the 1st Shocked
By:
themightymac
When: 12 Apr 15 01:37
Kershaw, the Leagues MVP last year, is having a nightmare in Arizona again and against a rookie Pitcher. 9 hits and 4 runs in 4 innings.

.... still it`s a Marathon and not a sprint and it could be a lot worse. Positive thinking, Dodgers can come back once they get into the Arizona bullpen.
By:
themightymac
When: 12 Apr 15 02:01
So much for the great Bumgarner and Kershaw.

Kershaw 9 hits and 4 runs through 5 innings (Dodgers 1 hit against a rookie) 4-0 Arizona

Bumgarner 10 hits and 5 runs through 3 innings (Giants 1 hit) 5-0 San Diego

No logical explanation except one - MAFIA
By:
themightymac
When: 12 Apr 15 02:02
Goodnight Orioles. (Well done 2 out of 4)
By:
orioles
When: 12 Apr 15 11:52
I used to oppose aces in April, they never seem to start hot, but had a terrible run with it a couple of seasons ago.

Only another few hundred gets to go this year
By:
orioles
When: 12 Apr 15 11:55
Damn autocorrect!
By:
themightymac
When: 12 Apr 15 14:04
As I said earlier, if a Pitcher is off, one has no chance, but 3 of the top Pitchers in MLB all being off on the same night?? Never seen that happen before. Baseball can humble one at times, but I suppose that`s what makes it such a great spectacle and betting medium. One swing of the Bat can make or break one.

Angels (beat 4-6)

Dodgers (beat 0-6)

SF (beat 2-10)
By:
themightymac
When: 12 Apr 15 14:07
Be interesting to see how young Bradley gets on in his second MLB start after holding the Dodgers to zero runs on his debut. I wish the guy well, but I wouldn`t be surprised to see him come back to Earth with a bump.
By:
themightymac
When: 12 Apr 15 14:09
It was a nightmare last night but no reason to alter a lifelong winning strategy so early in the new season.
By:
Back High Lay Low
When: 14 Apr 15 00:06
After so many years of loyal service - espn.go.com/mlb/scoreboard is now unusable.

IT department work creation strikes again Cry
By:
fkqmz
When: 14 Apr 15 12:27
Laugh if its any consolation the shock of Kershaw getting beat the other night rippled all around baseball, it was a big shock that one! MadBum's more of a pressure pitcher though, early in the season when there's little on the game, he is liable to throw a shocker sometimes. He's no spring chicken these days! Generally speaking though I agree its an incredibly difficult sport to call game by game and even the best teams in history lose over a third of their games. I prefer to look at total lines and if you can be bothered, run lines where the total line is high (meaning the -1.5 is more likely to score). Keep an eye on the Blue Jays, their young pitchers Hutchison, Norris and Sanchex will give up some runs this year but the offense is mighty, one of the best line ups in the sport. Backing overs in hitter friendly Rogers Centre should be a profitable follow this year. gl!
By:
themightymac
When: 14 Apr 15 16:52
I`ve bet the Blue Jays for the big one. Useless last night though. Odrizzi seems to have their number. Beat me for 4 trebles and an accumulator. Still came out in front but just missed a big big return. Sickening to lose 2-1 with 2 unearned runs with Dickey walking the 2 runs in. Cry
By:
themightymac
When: 14 Apr 15 16:55
Bumgarner is only 25 ??
By:
Reg Blood
When: 14 Apr 15 17:31
Blue Jays get my vote as well. One year that week I book off every year in anticipation of a flight to Toronto for the WS will be worth it
By:
fkqmz
When: 15 Apr 15 17:36
Odirizzi was class on Monday although it was like watching the previous 2 seasons as they got the base runners on in the 9th and heart of the order couldn't find the clutch hit! As a fan, i'd have to advise that I don't think they're serious players in the WS market unless they sign an ace starter. We're relying on too many kids to fill important pitching roles and it only takes 1 or 2 to categorically fail and its all over. We have no backup whatsoever with Stroman out for the season. I'm very concerned about Aaron Sanchez who should be in the pen. Anyway we shall see, i've not seen anything from last night yet so apologies if this is all slightly out of date!
By:
Back High Lay Low
When: 29 Apr 15 11:41
Josh Hamilton has returned to the Rangers and Baltimore's new home park is Tropicana Field.
'
and that's the news from around the majors
'
By:
NBK
When: 08 May 15 19:48
The forums have died a slow death all across the board. Still watch and love baseball though
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com