Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Freshy.
28 Nov 13 21:37
| Topic/replies: 406 | Blogger: Freshy.'s blog
It seems a tad arrogant to me, is it self proclaimed or do I understand it incorrectly?
Pause Switch to Standard View Why are The Cowboys known as...
Show More
Report dlarssonf November 28, 2013 9:57 PM GMT
The term "America's Team" is a popular nickname in the United States that refers to the Dallas Cowboys in the National Football League. The nickname originated with the team's 1978 highlight film, where the narrator opens with the following introduction:
They appear on television so often that their faces are as familiar to the public as presidents and movie stars. They are the Dallas Cowboys, "America's Team".[1]
The term is recognized and often used by media outlets, including ESPN,[2] Yahoo!,[3] HBO Sports,[4] and Sports Illustrated.[5]
Report Freshy. November 28, 2013 10:19 PM GMT
That makes sense, although I suspect that Joe Montana & Jerry Rice were far more prominant back in those days, thank you.
Report dlarssonf November 28, 2013 10:31 PM GMT
no prob
Report Whisperingdeath November 29, 2013 12:36 PM GMT
....and their cheer leaders are proper fit! generally blond hair and blue eyes.  At the risk of treading on ice I am not sure they hadn't any black cheer leaders for a long time. ( I shouldn't have really but couldn't help throw that in. For the record my only preference is if they are breathing and they like me! ).

There is a subconscious American Dream at work sparkling teeth and big hair.

and 7 reasons why they are America's team!

1. Their Best Days Are Behind Them

2. All Their Leaders Do Is Fight with One Other and It’s Possible None of Them Have Any Idea What They’re Doing

3. Racial Animosity

4. Their Fans/Citizens Take Way Too Much Pride in Things They Have Absolutely No Connection to

5. They Have a Huge Luxurious House and Poor People Are Not Allowed Inside

6. Everyone Hates Them

7. None of the Above Is Going to Change Their High Opinion of Themselves in Any Way

For the full article   http://www.buzzfeed.com/bml/x-reasons-the-cowboys-really-are-americas-team-b...
Report Whisperingdeath November 29, 2013 12:44 PM GMT
I feel I need to apologise for that scurrilous remark before anyone gets offended.  I quite clearly have no idea of what I am talking about except they are all well fit and I have seen them live.
Report DirkDiggler November 29, 2013 1:54 PM GMT
Because America hates them!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com