Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Freshy.
28 Nov 13 21:37
| Topic/replies: 406 | Blogger: Freshy.'s blog
It seems a tad arrogant to me, is it self proclaimed or do I understand it incorrectly?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 6
By:
dlarssonf
When: 28 Nov 13 21:57
The term "America's Team" is a popular nickname in the United States that refers to the Dallas Cowboys in the National Football League. The nickname originated with the team's 1978 highlight film, where the narrator opens with the following introduction:
They appear on television so often that their faces are as familiar to the public as presidents and movie stars. They are the Dallas Cowboys, "America's Team".[1]
The term is recognized and often used by media outlets, including ESPN,[2] Yahoo!,[3] HBO Sports,[4] and Sports Illustrated.[5]
By:
Freshy.
When: 28 Nov 13 22:19
That makes sense, although I suspect that Joe Montana & Jerry Rice were far more prominant back in those days, thank you.
By:
dlarssonf
When: 28 Nov 13 22:31
no prob
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 29 Nov 13 12:36
....and their cheer leaders are proper fit! generally blond hair and blue eyes.  At the risk of treading on ice I am not sure they hadn't any black cheer leaders for a long time. ( I shouldn't have really but couldn't help throw that in. For the record my only preference is if they are breathing and they like me! ).

There is a subconscious American Dream at work sparkling teeth and big hair.

and 7 reasons why they are America's team!

1. Their Best Days Are Behind Them

2. All Their Leaders Do Is Fight with One Other and It’s Possible None of Them Have Any Idea What They’re Doing

3. Racial Animosity

4. Their Fans/Citizens Take Way Too Much Pride in Things They Have Absolutely No Connection to

5. They Have a Huge Luxurious House and Poor People Are Not Allowed Inside

6. Everyone Hates Them

7. None of the Above Is Going to Change Their High Opinion of Themselves in Any Way

For the full article   http://www.buzzfeed.com/bml/x-reasons-the-cowboys-really-are-americas-team-but-not-in-a
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 29 Nov 13 12:44
I feel I need to apologise for that scurrilous remark before anyone gets offended.  I quite clearly have no idea of what I am talking about except they are all well fit and I have seen them live.
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 29 Nov 13 13:54
Because America hates them!
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel