Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
ClayDavis
15 Oct 13 16:52
| Topic/replies: 8,456 | Blogger: ClayDavis's blog
Looking at the early lines, Baltimore receiving 2 off the Steelers looks a bet and a half.
And the Giants are favs? Holy moly!!! Even thought it's the Vikings, I wouldn't bet the Giants to beat anyone at the mo!
Plus i think the Skins can take care of the Bears.
Other than that it just looks very tough indeed

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 42
By:
HowieTheRookie.
When: 15 Oct 13 22:06
LOL - I disagree with all your first three bets!  I think Tomlin will have the measure of the the division rivals.  Giants still have the talent to bounce back from current poor form, coming off the extra few days rest in that close game with the bears they should beat the Vikes who looked terrible last weekend and far too reliant on AP.  I think the Skins are in danger of imploding at the moment and I have been impressed with Jay Cutler this season.
By:
ClayDavis
When: 15 Oct 13 22:07
U have been impressed with Jay Cutler this season? Holy moly CryCryCry
By:
Still standing
When: 15 Oct 13 22:45
Holy moly Clay.  I think I know why your weekly picks need a bit more work.

Are you impressed with Andrew Luck ?  How about Russell Wilson ? How about  Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, Colin Kaepernick ?

What do they all have in common ?  Let's throw in  Eli Manning, Joe Flacco and The Golden boy himself, Tom Brady ?

Give up ?

They're all ranked below Jay Cutler so far this year.  Give up your preconceived ideas and open your eyes.

Cutler is playing under a new coach, probably a new system.  What he's doing this year is very impressive.
By:
Still standing
When: 15 Oct 13 22:47
Don't take my word for it.  Take out a few guys who have only played a few downs, and JC's ranked 7th in the league.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&season=2013&seasonType=REG&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&d-447263-s=PASSING_PASSER_RATING
By:
Still standing
When: 15 Oct 13 23:00
Yes me again.

Sorry about my smack remark about how your picks need more work.  I didn't mean in the general sense because I haven't been keeping track and you may be cleaning up for all I know.  I guess I meant that if you aren't impressed with what JC is doing, maybe fully accepting that he is having a good year will may open your eyes to that and other things.  Apologies.
By:
ClayDavis
When: 16 Oct 13 00:01
Jay Cutler is sh!te. Always has been, always will be. HTH
By:
d13phe
When: 16 Oct 13 08:45
nope he isn't and he has had upgrades in his offensive line which they have struggled with for years.

He is pretty good when he gets time and has Brandon Marshall to throw to.

I like the way the Bears look this year.  I don't think they are SB contenders but i think they could make the playoffs and possibly win that division
By:
ClayDavis
When: 16 Oct 13 10:29
You guys have been clearly watching a different team from me. Their D is awful. An out of sorts Giants moved the ball with ease against them. Despite Eli's best attempts at giving them the ball as often as possible.
The Saints moved the ball so so so easily against them. The Lions crushed them! Did u see Cutler's performance in the Lions game? Shameful.
Even with their injuries, the Packers will eat them alive.
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 16 Oct 13 10:33
Give up your preconceived ideas and open your eyes.

>>>He'll never do that, he'll always pick against the Seahawks and the Bears. He hates the Seahawks with a passion.
By:
Swagger
When: 16 Oct 13 11:58
I would go Steelers, Giants and Skins
By:
ClayDavis
When: 16 Oct 13 12:08
So the Bears are currently ranked 25th on defense and u guys think they are doing well and will go deep this season? It ain't happening. They just can't stop teams scoring and Cutler ain't good enough to outscore teams. He buckles. Throws picks. Makes stupid mistakes. Blows it. Starts shaking his head from side to side. Blames everyone else.
By:
HARRY22
When: 16 Oct 13 17:19
For me the bears are the 3rd best team in that division and that is where they will finish
By:
HARRY22
When: 16 Oct 13 17:29
Mistakes like this happen every day...at least you didn't get greedy and try for more...good luck to you if you can get one over them....if they are willing to short cut and employ people who don't know what they are doing they deserve it...if you made a mistake and clicked the wrong button they wouldn't return the stake.
By:
Swardean
When: 16 Oct 13 19:13
Never keen to back on my team especially on the road, but think Seattle will cover this week. Arizona can't run it so will be forced to throw into the tough Seattle secondary. Cards defends is good but will be a long night for their offends.
By:
Swardean
*offence
By:
Still standing
Wrong thread Harry, but I'm with you.  I'd take the money easily from the thieving crooks.  One guy actually said if you keep the money it's like theft.
And Clay, Jay Cutler is ranked 7th in the league for QBs.  You seem to think that's crap.  We're not talking about the team, just him.  7th out of 32 starters, and you think it's shiiit.
By:
HARRY22
When: 16 Oct 13 19:31
yes just realised that lol  don't know how that happened
By:
HARRY22
When: 16 Oct 13 19:32
Should see a defensive battle swardean, like these kind of games, big fan of the cards defence and special teams.  then at the weekend we have ravens v steelers,that should be a low scoring one also.
By:
Swardean
When: 16 Oct 13 19:38
A man like myself harry, can't beat a titantic defensive tug of war. That is why the thread on bonus points in NFL is not a good idea.
By:
HARRY22
When: 16 Oct 13 19:46
even if you had a bonus point would it really stop these raven steeler games being low scoring games?? I doubt it
By:
HowieTheRookie.
When: 16 Oct 13 20:56
Clay - didn't mean to dis your pics, I'm in agreement with you that week 7 looks a bit tricky and as an example the 3 pics you made I had the opposite opinion (out of 5 bets I selected this week).

The beauty of this thread is one of us will be rightLaugh

(hope it's me)
By:
Swardean
When: 17 Oct 13 21:29
Texans' Case Keenum to start at QB, Matt dropped.  Line not moved yet... is this good or bad for chiefs?
By:
Swardean
When: 17 Oct 13 21:29
Texans' Case Keenum to start at QB, Matt dropped.  Line not moved yet... is this good or bad for chiefs?
By:
Still standing
When: 17 Oct 13 22:09
The line not moving just shows you what seasoned gamblers know about middle of the road QBs.  Namely, they are inter changable.  Most gamblers live  or die with the QB. Outside of about 4 or 5 of them, you could swap in the backup with a weeks worth of first team practice reps and they're about 95 to 99 % as good as the vaunted starter.  Same as running backs.  Except for about 3, they're all the same.  I wonder how happy with themselves Tennessee is with all the money they gave to Chris Johnston.  Same story for about 3 or 4 receivers, and maybe 3 or 4 tight ends.

The QB change in Texas is a hard call as a bettor. I wonder why Yates isn't the starter.   The fact the line didn't move is a slap in the face to Schaub.  Now it's psychological with the team.  Are they glad he's out and will play better ?  Was Schaub benched or is he out because of injury? If he was benched, will his teammates be moping ?

The best thing as a bettor with this game is you could always pass.
By:
ClayDavis
When: 18 Oct 13 00:17
TJ Yates is just a poor man's Schaub. Maybe the want to have a change of style completely
By:
ClayDavis
TJ Yates is just a poor man's Schaub. Maybe the want to have a change of style completely
By:
ClayDavis
By:
HARRY22
When: 19 Oct 13 11:53
live game schedule this week......bengals v lions,should be a good one, can't argue with the late game,could be a classic colts v broncos, as if the monday night game wasn't bad enough what are they doing with the sunday 9pm game ConfusedConfused  can't remember the last time a ravens v steelers game wasn't on the tv,shocking.
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 19 Oct 13 15:02
SKY are clueless, that's my take. A week or two ago, they were 5 better games than they one they picked @ 6PM.
By:
sc1883
When: 20 Oct 13 08:49
despite injuries I still think dallas beats Philly, I really don't rate foles anyone who looks like napoleon dynamite doesn't belong on the football field! no way he keeps pace with romo today
By:
d13phe
When: 20 Oct 13 09:48
Foles is very good imo.

It feels like it could be a day of potential upsets.

thinking of taking the Jets, Colts and the Ravens.
By:
d13phe
When: 20 Oct 13 11:00
anyone explain why the Skins are favourites against the Bears.

I think the Bears are clearly a better team
By:
HARRY22
When: 20 Oct 13 11:01
If murray is out I only see one winner here. dallas struggled when they lost him.
By:
patches
When: 20 Oct 13 11:01
Don't know what your problem is it's easy peasy , san diego -7 against the worst team in years and new england -3 ,they have there star te gronkowski back
By:
d13phe
When: 20 Oct 13 11:05
but they also have Talib, Mayo and Wilfork out

thats their D really
By:
Wallflower
When: 20 Oct 13 11:19
Talib is a huge loss.......I think he is outstanding
By:
sc1883
When: 20 Oct 13 22:22
Foles even worst than I thought lolLaugh
By:
Wallflower
When: 20 Oct 13 23:07
On SKY - Texans playing alright tonight - Chiefs are good, solid. Thought Lions and Bengals were both good.

This is all very well, but no bloody turnovers all nightSad......really messes with my trading strategy.Shocked
By:
judorick
When: 20 Oct 13 23:12
I'm stopping up to trade the Colts but can't eat anything coz I'm on the 16 hour fast program as I've got 8kgs to lose to make weight which makes watching football challenging to say the least

anyway, just piling into Denver
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com