Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Wallflower
03 Aug 13 12:43
| Topic/replies: 8,456 | Blogger: Wallflower's blog
Anyone have an update?

As far as I know BBC only had it for one year. It was so bad I gave up on it....the delays just made it unworkable for me.

Will it return to ESPN under the BT Sports banner?

I'll continue to hunt for more info, appreciate if others could update if they had any news?
Pause Switch to Standard View Monday Night Football for 2013?
Show More
Report Lance in France August 12, 2013 3:56 PM BST
Any updates on who if anyone will show the games?
Report DirkDiggler August 14, 2013 8:59 PM BST
My guess is CH4 for MNF.
Report HowieTheRookie. August 15, 2013 8:18 AM BST
Nat Coombs has just tweeted this

"For everyone asking about SNF this season can't discuss till NFL UK make official announcement but exciting news on way!"

That makes it sound like there is definitely an agreement in place somewhere and just needs to be announced.
Report Wallflower August 15, 2013 3:39 PM BST
Thx Howie -  looked on NFLUK forum yesterday and there was anything concrete as yet. MNF and SNF on C4, could live with that. Would still miss the actual ESPN coverage, but anything except BBC - they just can't do sport any more.
Report Beaniash August 16, 2013 12:20 AM BST
IT WOULD STILL BE ESPN COVERAGE JUST NOT THE HALF TIME STUFF. NEVER BEEN A BIG FAN OF THE ESPN HALF TIME / COUNTDOWN SHOW COS THEY'LL HAVE A BREAK AFTER 2 SENTENCES WHICH GETS ANNOYING
Report grrrrrowl August 16, 2013 3:11 AM BST
I loved the ESPN build up if only for the C'MON MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN
Report d13phe August 16, 2013 9:34 AM BST
just buy gamepass imo
Report duddler August 18, 2013 2:53 PM BST
Mike Carlson tweeted that there will be an announcement in the next few days and that fans will like it. No sign on BT but they do have the NBA.
Report Wallflower August 20, 2013 6:38 PM BST
Slightly off topic, but live SKY games announced it seems................putting in Sunday and Monday games in and assuming tv coverage.....we'll get to see 18 or the 32 teams live by end of Week 2, and Giants and 49ers twice.

Can't be bad.Happy. Just praying Monday night is not BBC.

Week 1:
SKY --  Thurs 5th Sep - Baltimore Ravens @ Denver Broncos
SKY --Sun 8th Sep - Early - Atlanta Falcons @ New Orleans Saints
SKY --Sun 8th Sep - Late - Green Bay Packers @ San Francisco 49ers
c4? --Sun 8th Sep - Night -- New York Giants @ Dallas Cowboys
??? --Mon 9th Sep - Late  -- Philadelphia Eagles @ Washington Redskins
??? -- Mon 9th Sep - Night -- Houston Texans @ San Diego Chargers

Week 2:
SKY --Thurs 12th Sep - New York Jets @ New England Patriots
SKY --Sun 15th Sep - Early - Minnesota Vikings @ Chicago Bears
SKY --Sun 15th Sep - Late - Denver Broncos @ New York Giants
c4? --Sun 15th Sep - Night -- San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks
??? --Mon 16th Sep - Late  -- Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals
Report d13phe August 21, 2013 9:01 AM BST
what a cracking week 1 we have in store!!
Report Wallflower August 21, 2013 10:53 AM BST
Yep, Wild-card weekend, and Divisional Play-offs weekend are probably two of my favourite weekends of the year - but if we get full coverage Thursday to Monday then this is right up there.

Absolutely cracking matches.

Just noticed Denver twice as well - previous calculation wrong, I'll try it again.

---  11 matches
---  19 teams shown (N.Eng, NYJ, Pitt, Cin, Balt, Hou, Den, San D, Phil, Wash, NYG, Dall, GB, Minn, Chi, Atl, N.Orl, S49, Sea )
---  13 not shown as yet (Buff, Mia, Clev, Indy, Jack, Tenn, Kans, Oak, Detr, Tamp, Carl, Ariz, St.L )
----  3 teams shown twice (NYG, S49, Denv,)
Report DirkDiggler August 22, 2013 12:27 PM BST
T WOULD STILL BE ESPN COVERAGE JUST NOT THE HALF TIME STUFF. NEVER BEEN A BIG FAN OF THE ESPN HALF TIME / COUNTDOWN SHOW COS THEY'LL HAVE A BREAK AFTER 2 SENTENCES WHICH GETS ANNOYING

>>>As annoying as your ALL CAPS posts, why can't you use upper and lower case like everyone else?
Report duddler August 22, 2013 4:26 PM BST
Channel 4 are advertising for staff to work on 2013 nfl programme on a 6 month contract. see twiiter for james abraham and nat coombs
Report duddler August 22, 2013 4:28 PM BST
It also appears that ESPN have monday nights
Report Wallflower August 29, 2013 2:15 PM BST
Some rumours doing the rounds on boards and things that CH 4 may have Sunday and Monday night football.

I'd take that........just not BBC, pleaseCry
Report HowieTheRookie. August 29, 2013 7:17 PM BST
whats wrong with the Beeb??  That Fletch bloke was outstanding
Report d13phe August 29, 2013 10:23 PM BST
Michael Carlson ‏@Carlsonsports 3m
Channel 4 has announced SNF in its skeds, Gnat and I will be back with surprise guests and a great sked of games
Report deeppockets August 30, 2013 1:48 PM BST
Anything but the 45 second delay on the f*cking red button...who cares about the studio analysts...that's why the clicker comes with a mute button but MNF might as well not have been on last year with that delay.
Report dlarssonf August 30, 2013 2:53 PM BST
HowieTheRookie.     29 Aug 13 19:17 
whats wrong with the Beeb??

It was awful coverage, hope they never get another game
Report db1974 August 30, 2013 3:05 PM BST
deeppockets
Anything but the 45 second delay on the f*cking red button...who cares about the studio analysts...that's why the clicker comes with a mute button but MNF might as well not have been on last year with that delay.

It is actually possible to watch an NFL match without betting in-running. Obviously there's not too many on here who do so but it's hardly a consideration for the powers-that-be as to whether it's feasible to have a decent bet or not during the match. I'd take a 45-sec delay than no coverage at all.
Report deeppockets August 30, 2013 3:45 PM BST
Having grown-up as an LA Rams fan and watched that b*tch Frontiere move them to the dump that is St. Louis I really don't stay up from 0100 to 0430 in the morning because I care which team wins.  I change my sleep patterns because I'm trying to make money and I would suggest that the majority of people who are not Yanks or shift workers are staying up to watch the late games because they have an investment.
Report Daryl Revok August 30, 2013 4:24 PM BST
HowieTheRookie.     Joined: 26 Jan 03
Replies: 1973 29 Aug 13 19:17 
whats wrong with the Beeb??  That Fletch bloke was outstanding

Agree, thought Darren was a bit unlucky to be subbed for the Superbowl, although Chappers was fine, after the shift he put in all season.
Report d13phe August 30, 2013 10:46 PM BST
hasn't fletcher got a big new contract with BT Sport?
Report inner city sumo August 30, 2013 11:17 PM BST
If I get gamepass is it 24 hrs after the game finishes or 24 hrs after kick off I have to wait before I can watch UK televised games?

Before I was really keen on the idea of it, but I'm going off it. I wouldn't be watching the Thursday game till Saturday, the late Sunday game on C4 till Tuesday (or is it on 4on demand- I've never checked?), the Monday night game till Wednesday.

If we're getting 5 out of 16 games televised each week (and 5 out of 14 when byes kick in) the odds of my team being blacked out on a regular basis is pretty high.

Any subscribers got any view on Gamepass?
Report d13phe August 30, 2013 11:24 PM BST
last year it was only the two Sunday Sky games which were "blacked out"

What restrictions apply to NFL Game Pass in the UK and Republic of Ireland?

A: Weekly blackout restrictions apply to all subscriptions (Season Plus, Season, Monthly, Weekly, and Follow Your Team) for locally televised games during both the 1pm ET and 4pm ET game windows on Sunday. These live game broadcasts will be blacked out in your area while the game is in progress. You will be able to watch them in the NFL Game Pass archives six (6) days after their conclusion. These blackout restrictions apply to the Condensed Game archives of the selected games as well. Monday, Thursday and Sunday Night games as well as U.S. Thanksgiving Day games will not be subject to black outs in the UK and Republic of Ireland. Additional game restrictions may be added throughout the season due to regional broadcast rights.
Report inner city sumo August 30, 2013 11:33 PM BST
6 days? Geez.

I was also hoping to use Gamepass as an alternative to staying up to 4am on Monday and Tuesday morning, so if those late games aren't in the blackout I guess I could watch them straight away the next day which is a plus. Same with Thursday nights which isn't so bad, if they were in the 6 day blackout I probably wouldn't bother.

So in a nutshell, need to make alternative arrangements if my team is on Sky on a Sunday night...

I think if you're a fan of a West Coast team you are going to get a raw deal from gamepass because Sky are usually picking one game from four at 9pm, if you support an East Coast team they're usually picking one game from eight at 6pm.
Report d13phe August 30, 2013 11:41 PM BST
sent you a message
Report deeppockets September 1, 2013 2:39 PM BST
I see C4 are acknowledge as the SNF broadcasters on the NFLUK site but still no news about MNF
Report Wallflower September 3, 2013 1:34 PM BST
I noticed a gap in the BBC 2 schedule for Monday Night (ie Tuesday morning) 1.20am- 4am.

To me that looks like NFL, as the other candidates C4, SKY, BT have programmes listed.

Looks very like BBC to meCryCry - they better not have the delay like last year, just stopped watching it. In general, I really dislike BBC sports coverage, tennis, football, anything.....it's really poor ..... pr1cking about in the studio, or behind the action (golf), switching channels constantly.AngryAngry
Report Wallflower September 3, 2013 1:36 PM BST
I suppose we've moved on from trying to listen to "Armed Forces Radio and Television Network" as it faded in and outHappy. But I wasn't a gambler then.........
Report LondonLawman September 3, 2013 2:32 PM BST
Need this Monday night double header to be on UK TV, Eagles @ my beloved Redskins, big important div game so early, just madness.
Report no chances taken September 4, 2013 2:40 PM BST
there are gaps on other nights as well in bbc 2 schedule (at that time of night). So it may not be the bbc.

just hope there is coverage, but not the red button.
Report db1974 September 5, 2013 1:31 PM BST
MNF will be on Eurosport this season
Report dlarssonf September 5, 2013 2:49 PM BST
Shocked
Report ClayDavis September 5, 2013 6:06 PM BST
Eurosport? for real? awful Cry
Report nellie1970 September 5, 2013 7:01 PM BST
can not be any worse than red button bbc
Report DirkDiggler September 5, 2013 7:20 PM BST
eurosport?

That's pretty bad. And they keep telling us there's going to be a team in London...

LMFAO.
Report Wallflower September 5, 2013 8:07 PM BST
Ok with me - just as long as there is no f*ckin' delay (a la BBC red button)
Report Wallflower September 5, 2013 8:07 PM BST
source?
Report ClayDavis September 5, 2013 8:11 PM BST
yeah link?
Report db1974 September 5, 2013 9:10 PM BST
I pulled the info from the MNF thread on NFLUK forum on the subject - I presumed it was a done deal but no announcement as yet so can't confirm 100%
Report Wallflower September 5, 2013 9:21 PM BST
ok thanks, looked there as well - speculation I think. Still, could be something in it.
Report I win every time! September 5, 2013 9:26 PM BST
Lol at AF Radio Wallflower. You and me both. Was (and still am for my sins) a massive Dolphins fan even back then. Many a time it'd go something like..."Marino, 3rd and goal at the 4....drops back in the pocket....and.....bzzzuzzzuzzzzzzzzz...." (Fade out). Lol, people don't know they're born these days with Sky.Excited
Report I win every time! September 5, 2013 9:27 PM BST
btw, don't think it'll be terrestrial as I'm sure I read that C4 had exclusive free to view UK rights.
Report duddler September 6, 2013 6:44 PM BST
College football is on bt on friday nights/saturday morning
Report no chances taken September 7, 2013 11:35 AM BST
confirmed 2 hours ago. BRITISH EUROSPORT.
Report grayhawk September 7, 2013 11:52 AM BST
Good news after having to put up with the BBC red button last year.......hope we are getting the US comms mind and Eurosport aren't doing what they do with their college football and have Mike Carlson do the commentary from what sounds like his front room Grin
Report DirkDiggler September 7, 2013 12:37 PM BST
Awful news.
Report HowieTheRookie. September 7, 2013 12:45 PM BST
I suppose that means it will be available to all satellite customers free of charge.  Anyone know if Eurosport features on all other TV formats?
Report ClayDavis September 7, 2013 6:01 PM BST
Eurosport CryCryCryCryCry
Report GoBallistic September 7, 2013 6:05 PM BST
Better than nothing or the beeb
Report TheVis September 7, 2013 6:40 PM BST
easier to record too
Report sideshowbob September 7, 2013 11:16 PM BST
odd that c4 and sky never go for the monday night games. what have they got against it??

or is that the nfl insist on having it elsewhere to try to get more exposure?
Report GoBallistic September 8, 2013 12:01 AM BST
HowieTheRookie. 07 Sep 13 12:45 
I suppose that means it will be available to all satellite customers free of charge.  Anyone know if Eurosport features on all other TV formats?

Don't think it's on freeview but should be on all other pay tv (cable/bt etc). Or there's Eurosport Player online for 4 quid a month contract / 6 quid a month non-contract

Looks like it's actually on Eurosport 2 - at least for week 1
Report grrrrrowl September 8, 2013 5:01 AM BST
I was sceptical but the good news is that it can't be worse than last year's MNF coverage.... with the bonus that they are showing both games which I don't recall ever happening before.
Report furrelli September 8, 2013 11:52 AM BST
eurosport, set-up to record, jus hope they now dont switch channels & program times like they sometimes do.... otherwise glad they got it over the non-sport minded beeb, the less sport that corp gets to shaft-up the bttr
Report nellie1970 September 8, 2013 12:12 PM BST
just hope they do not show 3 quarters then switck to another sportGrin
Report DirkDiggler September 8, 2013 2:15 PM BST
MNF is still on gamepass anyway. I'll watch there.
Report HowieTheRookie. September 8, 2013 2:27 PM BST
furrelli
08 Sep 13 11:52
| Topic/replies: 4,159 | Blogger: furrelli's blog
eurosport, set-up to record, jus hope they now dont switch channels & program times like they sometimes do.... otherwise glad they got it over the non-sport minded beeb, the less sport that corp gets to shaft-up the bttr

The BBC like dancing and cooking.
Report d13phe September 8, 2013 2:31 PM BST
dirk,

there is way to get rid of the gamepass blackouts.
Report DirkDiggler September 8, 2013 2:42 PM BST
None that I know of.
Report d13phe September 8, 2013 2:46 PM BST
sent you a message
Report DirkDiggler September 8, 2013 3:04 PM BST
cheers d13
Report GoBallistic September 10, 2013 12:22 AM BST
ESPN broadcast. No british commentators / presenters. Minimal delay. Perfect
Report deeppockets September 10, 2013 2:25 AM BST
and WATTS instead on inane drivel during half-time
Report Wallflower September 10, 2013 12:44 PM BST
Yep - happy enough. HappyLaugh
Report grayhawk September 10, 2013 2:39 PM BST
Had a panic when they somehow switched to this years PGA golf for about 30 seconds during last nights first game Laugh
Report sideshowbob September 10, 2013 9:03 PM BST
they didnt show the chargers game until the other one had finished. and even then, they took a break for commercials before they went to the chargers game. youd think at least theyd go to that game straight away. or maybe the game was in a break lol i dunno
Report furrelli September 11, 2013 12:53 PM BST
EuroSPORT does exactly what is says on the tin! Happy
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com