Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
rubyisgodinthesaddle
05 May 13 22:57
| Topic/replies: 4,564 | Blogger: rubyisgodinthesaddle's blog
I am considering a very large bet on Bama at 11/4 / 3/1 in cash with the bookies. First question I would ask, if anyone has expierence do they take large bets and is it good value bet?

Just looking for some other opinions. Thanks
Pause Switch to Standard View Alabama BCS Bowl 2013
Show More
Report cpfc4me May 6, 2013 8:49 PM BST
"A very large bet" is a relative term, so you would need to be a little more specific. Paddy Power have the best price on Alabama at 4.5 (7/2) so 3-1 is not good value anyway.
Report irish wizard May 7, 2013 11:32 PM BST
U obviously havnt a clue what u are talking about . There is no BCS BOWL NEXT SEASON ......... its gonna be a playoff system . There is no point in parting with your money now as the college season doesnt start til the first week in september and its not as if there will be trades or transfers ...most teams have their squads already set for next season ....price wont change
Report db1974 May 8, 2013 9:26 AM BST
Actually I'm pretty sure that the Play-off system doesn't kick-in until the following season and that this season will be the last BCS Bowl based on the voting
Report rubyisgodinthesaddle May 8, 2013 6:55 PM BST
Haha gotta laugh at Irish Wizard. Its the BCS Bowl next year playing in Pasadena on January 6th.

Don't worry I have done my research on Alabama I am a huge fan. I know they have lost Derrick Henry the stud running back with a broken leg but with Yeldon and the 2 lads coming back from last season out with dodgy legs. Obviously Amari Cooper and the guy rated higher the scouts last year are back. Oj Howard the new H Back or possible Tight End. McCarron the game manager. 2 new offensive line men.

Defense is a worry should still stop the run but without Milner and the average safety talent that is availble could be vunerable to a Ohio or Oregon.

In regards the bet, I think I found a better way through one of the American offshore betting operators. I still think 7/2 is good value for Bama, such is there strength and depth and the likelyhood they always be rated in the top 5 even after a few losses with the strange system of rating teams over there.

Anyways, thanks for 2 constructive comments and one moron
Report james20 May 8, 2013 7:33 PM BST
irish dont post something if you dont know what your on about....the playoff system doesnt start till the 2014 season so yes it is still the bcs system/bowl that is inplace for this season......

bama is a GREAT bet, their schedule is the best they have had for a long time, obviously its still early but just looking at the teams and projections as they stand bama should have no issues....as far as stake just got a buddy to open me a paddy account and you should get £200+ on bama if thats what you want....most of the respectiable bigger books(lads,365 paddy) should have limits to win around £500 which isnt bad....

the big value play is standford@ 25/1 which is far far far to big, they will be a top 5 team in the ap preason poll(which is published in early august) once that comes out they will be about 12/1 at best, bottom line is the 25's is great they should roll through the schedule and as long as they beat oregon they will be dancing with bama come january....best of luck!
Report irish wizard May 12, 2013 9:19 PM BST
my mistake ...
Report DirkDiggler May 19, 2013 12:07 PM BST
Good value. The Tide will roll, nice sked, rock solid team, best coach.

Sure they have lost players, so has everyone, but the Tide just reload better than anyone.

I remember people telling me that the Championship game would be close last year, it was all over by the 2nd quarter.

Mcarron very underrated.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com