Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
db1974
11 Dec 12 14:16
| Topic/replies: 5,523 | Blogger: db1974's blog
Very early days but 2 lines stick out for me at this stage

Giants +2.5 @ Falcons (1.917 with Pinnacle)
I can't believe that the Giants are the dogs here, I thought it would be closer to a pick-em. The Giants are in must-win territory now with the Redskins and Cowboys breathing down their necks and they are one of the very few teams in the League that can go anywhere and get a win. Falcons were shown up badly last week at Panthers and while some people will expect them to bounce back, I have my doubts that they actually have that ability to just shake off a beating as easily as that and turn up strong against last years Superbowl winners.

Ravens +3.0 vs Broncos
This is the first time since Week 11 of 2009 that the Ravens are Home underdogs, breaking a record of 25 straight regular-season games. Obviously this line is based on the last 2 weeks when they lost at home to the Steelers and then last week against the Redskins as well as the Broncos current 8-game winning streak. IMO while the Broncos are legitimate playoff contenders, I don't think that they are a team who can go to somewhere like Baltimore and win, let alone give up 3 points in the process. I expect to see a lot of Ray Rice in this game following the sacking of Cam Cameron, who has to shoulder a lot of the blame for the last 2 weeks (not all but a lot)

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 19  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 19 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 759
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 11 Dec 12 19:05
Like the NYG pick, would try and get + 3.0 somewhere though. I agree with your sentiments on the Falcs, Baltimore South IMO.

Have to disagree on the other one, the Ravens have been limping along for most of the season really, squeaking out wins, looking unimpressive, and relying on 4th and 29s to beat SD. The Streelers ought to have beaten them twice with backup QB's and the Browns were well the Browns when they played recently. Denver have been rock solid for two months now. They seem to be a bit of a mess off the field too, and average Joe is as enigmatic ass ever. I hate to break it down to QB matchups but its that time of year and with so much on the line, I like to side with the better QB.

Denver has an identity, Balti still searching for theirs. Broncs field a better defense to boot. Peyton 'aint gonna be fazed by going on the road to a 'contender'. Better 'feel' right now, better QB. better o-line, better defense. I'll try and cover - 3.0.
By:
d13phe
When: 12 Dec 12 15:15
im with you

expected the giants to be -3, not the other way around

and i still probably would have bet on them giving up 3 points
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 12 Dec 12 16:33
Line has come in for NYG - hardly a surprise.
By:
HARRY22
When: 12 Dec 12 16:43
like the ravens pick and like the falcons in the other game...I have the giants for the superbowl with a few others in the NFC but Im not convinced yet..scoring pts for fun v the packers and the saints who cant stop ****...lost a close one to washington and I wasnt impressed with that performance.
By:
HARRY22
When: 12 Dec 12 16:53
Cleveland Browns will have another W this week.
By:
d13phe
When: 12 Dec 12 17:03
yes i like the Browns and also expect the Steelers to beat the cowboys but better value in backing the SB price rather than the game this sunday.

Giants will turn up at the back end against the better teams, they always do.
By:
HARRY22
When: 12 Dec 12 17:10
Yes I looked at backing the steelers this week..not with great confidence so decided on topping up on the superbowl price....you would think they can win the 2 home games but no such thing as a cert in the nfl especially looking at the last 2 home games the steelers have played in...although a strong 2nd half v the chargers...Dallas so hard to catch on their day.
By:
Swagger
When: 12 Dec 12 18:19
I like the Detroit Lions (-5.5) on the handicap against the Cardinals. This isn't a knee jerk reaction to last week but i agree with what someone else said on here in that the Lions are a much better team than their record suggests and they just have to get it right against a terrible side. I was expecting the line to be more like -8.5 or -9.5 points so the -5.5 looks reasonable to me. A very obvious bet given last week but i also think the Lions are well overdue a handsome victory.

Also waiting for news on the Packers team but will back them to cover the spread if they have Matthews back this week. I think they have managed to win in recent weeks (NYG aside) with exceptional game management and they should have a load more first team players back here so can see them getting the cigards out whilst hurting the Bears hard to carry on their slump.
By:
HARRY22
When: 12 Dec 12 18:30
Yes swagger I am sick of saying it....I do like this bet also...gl
By:
d13phe
When: 12 Dec 12 18:34
Matthews will play

Woodson is still out
By:
HARRY22
When: 12 Dec 12 18:40
do you think sherman and browner will be the difference in the 49ers and seahwaks game?
By:
d13phe
When: 12 Dec 12 18:47
not sure tbh

i am trying to understand the NFL suspension system?

if they get banned is it only Regular season games you can be suspended for or would it carry into the playoffs?

Either way the Seahawks look like they can beat the 49ers but not without those 2.
By:
HARRY22
When: 12 Dec 12 19:06
Not sure how good seattle are, fantastic all round D thats for sure...front 7 very impressive.  Late win in chicago in a game I thought the bears had in the bag...patriots let them off the hook when brady was picked in the redzone...dont want to mention the win v the packers...not lost a game by more than 7.
By:
d13phe
When: 12 Dec 12 19:08
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20121211/russell-wilson-seahawks-super-bowl-contenders/

an interesting read Harry.  this guy rates them.
By:
HARRY22
When: 12 Dec 12 19:25
cheers...wilson no1 Rookie QB? Andrew Luck gets it for me...

Plenty of evidence from them stats to give them a shot but stats mean very little..a rookie QB taking them through the playoffs??? unlikely.
By:
HARRY22
When: 12 Dec 12 19:33
The Gronk may play sunday Shocked
By:
Sudoku_Junior
When: 12 Dec 12 20:30
I dont know whether it was on this thread or the superbowl one, but i completely agree with the comments regarding harbaugh causing a massive problem in the SF dressing room with this whole qb saga, and i think its got the potential to derail the 49ers ambitions somewhat.

Seahawks on the other hand seem to be one of the most cohesive units in the nfl, i really think they have a chance to win the division. Going to the bills wont be easy though and they need NE to beat the 49ers (i think they will) which owuld put it all on their clash next week. Will be a great game if that is whats on the line, You have to ride with the seahawks imo.
By:
HARRY22
When: 12 Dec 12 21:00
d13 I heard he is hopeful matthews will play
By:
HARRY22
When: 12 Dec 12 21:02
If both corners are out I would have to firmly go with niners...Crabtree and davis will have big days especially with the 2 starting corners missing...huge loss.
By:
db1974
When: 12 Dec 12 21:14
Can't have the Browns at all this week, even ATS. Redskins are going to run the table I reckon. Unless RG3 can't play. That's a different story then.

I like that Lions bet as well. I missed it first time around. Cards are terrible.
By:
db1974
When: 12 Dec 12 21:16
I heard Clay Matthews is going to try to practice this week.
By:
d13phe
When: 12 Dec 12 21:22
he practised today

think they kept him out a bit longer than usual to keep him fresh,
By:
HARRY22
When: 12 Dec 12 21:25
he practiced today..decision at the weekend if he is going to play..to be honest they are good enough to beat chicaco without him
By:
HARRY22
When: 12 Dec 12 21:26
bears also without their kicker..they are going the same way they did last season
By:
ClayDavis
When: 13 Dec 12 11:08
Steelers are going to tear Dallas a new one this weekend. Cowboys form at home is average. Must win for Steelers. Big Ben will be fitter. Dallas always go wonky in December Cool
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 13 Dec 12 14:03
Claydavis: The Wire right? sssshhhheeeeeiiiiiitttttt

The Steelers? 5 no shows (OAK, TENN, SD, KC, CLE) this season and counting. This is more the type of game they do show up for though, but the secondary is really banged up. Last week was must-win and they got trounced. Ben's fitness isn't the problem, the stupidity and lack of effort I see so often is. Only the Ravens and Bengals getting beat staved off disaster.
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 13 Dec 12 14:05
"I like the Detroit Lions (-5.5) on the handicap against the Cardinals. This isn't a knee jerk reaction to last week but i agree with what someone else said on here in that the Lions are a much better team than their record suggests and they just have to get it right against a terrible side. I was expecting the line to be more like -8.5 or -9.5 points so the -5.5 looks reasonable to me. A very obvious bet given last week but i also think the Lions are well overdue a handsome victory."

>>>>>>>Like it.
By:
TINnotaTON
When: 13 Dec 12 14:48
the detroit line could be -25.5 and they would cover, arizona have quit, are the worst team in the nfl and with the likes of oakland that is saying something..
By:
Hayden
When: 13 Dec 12 16:07
Not sure whether the above post was said tongue-in-cheek or is a genuine fancy , if genuine it's probably worth mentioning you can get 7/1 for Detroit to win by 25 pts or over which for someone fancying a battering seems worth a nibble however unlikely it may appear.

Good luck all   Happy
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 13 Dec 12 16:16
not sure tbh

i am trying to understand the NFL suspension system?

if they get banned is it only Regular season games you can be suspended for or would it carry into the playoffs?

Either way the Seahawks look like they can beat the 49ers but not without those 2.

>>>Trying to understand the NFL suspension system? that's easy, they make it up as they go along. You can get found guilty of a crime and sent to jail and serve a 'suspension' while you're injured, therefore at no detriment to yourself or your team, or you can be found innocent of all charges and serve a 4 game suspension which hurts you as a player and your team. Depends what mood the league is in, the suspension/fine system (it's not a system, but the term suits) is a joke.

Goodell is a POS.
By:
TINnotaTON
When: 13 Dec 12 16:45
I'l have a cheeky £20 on that hayden Laugh was tougue in cheek, just highlighting arizona as a team after dirk's post. says it all when the coach has to publically apologies for the teams performance.
detroit have thrown away a few games this year and even last week against the packers, where going well untill stafford lost his grip the ball on that throw.
By:
VieirasaGooner
When: 13 Dec 12 17:48
I am going too try a 50 euro acca,

Vikes win 6/5
Lions -6 10/11
Steelers win 4/5
Under 48 pts Broncos @ Ravens 10/11
By:
d13phe
When: 13 Dec 12 20:09
i know dirk diggler.

it seems that you cannot be suspended for Playoff games from everything i am reading which seems bizarre.

surely Sherman wont go off but how has he managed to defer it so he only get banned for a couple of games Confused
By:
DirkDiggler
When: 13 Dec 12 23:01
I learned while a back d13, just not to bother trying to work out what methodology the NFL uses for disciplinary purposes. I just blank out all that stuff it is a waste of time, basically Goodell does what he likes.
By:
Swardean
When: 13 Dec 12 23:05
Apparently the hearing will be made before the 49ers game and if suspended he will miss last 2 games of regular season and 1st 2 games of playoffs (hopefullyHappy)
By:
HARRY22
When: 13 Dec 12 23:19
I thought he found out his fate on saturday but was allowed to play this sunday..and if suspended he misses the next few games which would included 49ers game
By:
Swardean
When: 13 Dec 12 23:25
This is half the problem Harry, everyone is hearing something different
By:
HARRY22
When: 13 Dec 12 23:31
his appeal supposed to be tomorrow...it could backfire and he could end up missing the playoffs
By:
d13phe
When: 13 Dec 12 23:33
they dont stand a chance without him imo

they dont have much depth at the position either

he is their biggest playmaker
Page 1 of 19  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 19 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies: