Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
db1974
05 Dec 12 12:47
| Topic/replies: 5,523 | Blogger: db1974's blog
OK, having been absolutely hammered the last 2 weeks (3-8-1), hopefully this week can see a big improvement.

Here's what I like anyway

Browns -5.5 vs Chiefs
The Browns have won their last 2 (not pretty though) while the Chiefs are coming off an emotional victory against the Panthers following the Jovan Blecher incident. I personally can't see the Chiefs carrying any sort of momentum into this match-up and there must be a collective feeling of "lets get this season over with at this stage" in their locker room this late in the season. I think the Browns will win this by more than a TD so the 5.5pts is worth a bet for me

Bills -3.0 vs Rams
The Bills have been playing quite well since the bye week with close(ish) losses to the Texans and Patriots coupled with wins over the Dolphins and Jaguars with a defeat to the Colts thrown in for good measure. They should have too much for the Rams who had a great win last weekend against the 49ers. However the Rams don't seem to be able to build on victories like this (lost at home to Jets after tying with 49ers last time) and I think the Bills will have too much for them overall

Jaguars +3.0 vs Jets
The Jets are awful. The Jaguars are just very bad but have been playing very well since Henne took over from Gabbert at QB. I don't understand why the Jaguars are the underdogs here TBH, I thought they would have been favs. The spread here is a general +2.5 but I think it's worth buying the extra 1/2-pt to bring it up to +3.0 just in case the Jets decide to show up and just play very badly instead of awful!

Redskins -1.5 vs Ravens
Redskins are one of the hottest teams around at the moment with 3 wins from 3 divisional games in the last 3 weeks. The Ravens looked poor last week against the Steelers (the Redskins are no Steelers I admit but still) and are generally a poor team on the road anyway. The pressure is on Baltmore now as well with both the Steelers and Bengals breathing down their necks and I think RG3 and the Redskins will have too much for them

Buccaneers -7.0 vs Eagles
The Bucs are still in the hunt for a playoff spot while the Eagles are in the hunt for a new coach. I think this line is flattered by the Eagles performance against the Cowboys on Sunday night but IMO the Eagles have all but written this season off apart from 1 more match, their Week 17 trip to the Giants.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 19  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 19 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 754
By:
The Priest
When: 05 Dec 12 15:48
Like must of your selections although the Browns only beat the Steelers by 10 and they had EIGHT turnovers , now I'm pretty sure if you gave any team 8 turnovers in one match you should win by more than ten so 5.5 is really hoping there O gets going , agree re Kansas wanting game out of way and end the season though.

Buffalo at home is always a match up i like , especially playing a dome team , Bills not that bad a team , 3pts just about right on paper but homefield will see Bills home and hosed.

Disagree with you re the Jags/Jets game , the Jets come back big style in this game and Sanchez is more happier playing in Jacksonville to a half empty staduim and away from his fans screaming abuse at him.

Redskins at home should beat the ravens unless Flacco has a proper QB implant given to him.

Bucc's by 7? hate to have to reley on the Buc's giving 7 to anybody but should just about cover but it will be touch and go , bet you will be sweating right up to the 2 min warning on that spread.
By:
Swagger
When: 07 Dec 12 16:28
Cowboys at 6/4 my only bet of the week. They are a very random team and seem to play to the level of their opponents regardless of who they are playing and either just win or just lose. 6/4 is a bit bigger than what I think they should be (I would say more like 6/5 outright) and in my opinion the pressure shouldn't hit them until they play the Steelers at home which is when i expect them to falter.
By:
Swardean
When: 08 Dec 12 08:59
The jaguars will be lucky to get a TD against the Jets, so I hate that particular pick db
By:
Ming_the_Merciless
When: 08 Dec 12 16:04
Initial rabid foamings....

Some great matches this week but betting wise....

Washingtom -1.5 versus Ravens.
Washington at home to beat the spread, I think the Ravens are struggling, they ain't scoring enough. Bet of the week.

Eagles +9 away v Tampa
I think the Eagles are turning it around, I concede even at +9 it takes a leap of faith to put any money on them though.

Colts -5 home versus Titans
Been with the Colts almost all year

Kansas City +7.5 at Cleveland
two bad teams - should be close.....

Cannot wait for the Houston v Pats gameExcited
no money - just enjoyment for me.
By:
I win every time!
When: 08 Dec 12 17:40
One bet this week also:

Lions @ Green Bay - under 49.5. GL all
By:
glory hornet
When: 08 Dec 12 18:25
Pretty tough week , with dross playing dross and so many dead rubber games already
Indy with a play-off place in sight -5
Atlanta  lock in homefield advantage -3
Bengals -3 just because they will winExcited

Trixie bet done
By:
d13phe
When: 08 Dec 12 22:03
mathews not fit for the Packers again

they have a load of injuries
By:
Swardean
When: 08 Dec 12 22:13
D13, I am sure you know my views on the banged up PAckers.  Tempted to throw in the Lions on hcap with my Jets SU nap.
By:
werthecardinals
When: 08 Dec 12 22:41
Still feel when all is said and done the ravens are a better all round football team than the redskins and therefore I've got to back them getting 2.5!
By:
I win every time!
When: 09 Dec 12 09:18
reason for the Green Bay unders bet is the weather. Snow, wind and sub zeros expected. Not the best passing conditions.
By:
d13phe
When: 09 Dec 12 10:51
going to be an interesting game as neither have a running game
By:
ManWithNoName
When: 09 Dec 12 12:50
I really, really fancy Cincy to cover the spread v Cowpokes. It's a mortal lock. I just do not rate the Dallas defence v highly and I am just hoping Cincy jump out in front and Romo starts slinging it around. But, this being the NFL, I am assuming my 'banker' will somehow unravel.  Your thoughts appreciated.
By:
The Priest
When: 09 Dec 12 14:55
I think Dallas stick around long in this game and pinch the win in the final 2 mins.
By:
d13phe
When: 09 Dec 12 15:05
someone tell me what the bears are favs?

Urlacher their defensive play caller is likely done for the season

vikings to win easy for me
By:
I win every time!
When: 09 Dec 12 15:16
Like the Vikes too D13. As for the Packers and Lions, you're correct, they're both poor on the ground - which makes me think sustained drives will be even more unlikely. Unders for me. We'll see.
By:
Swardean
When: 09 Dec 12 15:25
Decided to leave the packers game alone and stuck with the SU Jets bet.

May have a look at the late games after snooker session finishes
By:
d13phe
When: 09 Dec 12 16:23
after a bit of thinking

Ravens, Cowboys and Vikings for me

GL all
By:
ManWithNoName
When: 09 Dec 12 16:26
Ravens.....Suggs out.
By:
Sudoku_Junior
When: 09 Dec 12 16:45
Really like the cowboys at the prices d13. Always taking a chance on them and bengals have been playing really well of late, but think romo and co have had something going on the past couple of weeks so its worth a shot imo.
By:
d13phe
When: 09 Dec 12 16:48
Demarco murray plays as well

running game key to Cowboys offense
By:
d13phe
When: 09 Dec 12 16:52
anyone fancy the Rams

they have played quite well recently
By:
Mr Mischief
When: 09 Dec 12 16:55
Colts -4 is a giftExcited
By:
HARRY22
When: 09 Dec 12 17:08
looks like you will be right about the vikings d13..bears have hit the wall I think
By:
Srichaphan or Ancic?
When: 09 Dec 12 17:09
Indianapolis Colts seem the bet of the early games.
By:
d13phe
When: 09 Dec 12 17:12
ravens look awful again

no Suggs, Webb or Lewis
By:
d13phe
When: 09 Dec 12 17:12
TD Panthers
By:
HARRY22
When: 09 Dec 12 17:17
ray rice always a danger though
By:
d13phe
When: 09 Dec 12 17:17
Vikes with a pick 6
By:
HARRY22
When: 09 Dec 12 17:19
get in TD ravens..level and now they will go on and win

these chargers will be a tough nut to crack today
By:
HARRY22
When: 09 Dec 12 17:21
cleveland let off the hook..could easily be 14-0 down
By:
d13phe
When: 09 Dec 12 17:22
no stopping AP there

14-0 vikes
By:
Blake84
When: 09 Dec 12 17:22
This Dallas defence. What was I thinking.
By:
d13phe
When: 09 Dec 12 17:23
yes chargers will be tough to beat today
By:
HARRY22
When: 09 Dec 12 17:24
just seen the vikes pick..think marshall slipped which is why he was picked
By:
HARRY22
When: 09 Dec 12 17:24
I am going as far as saying the chargers are going to win Grin
By:
d13phe
When: 09 Dec 12 17:25
not sure about that harry

the D looks bang up for it
By:
HARRY22
When: 09 Dec 12 17:26
steelers same price as the vikings to win..know which one I prefer..14-0 up against the crap bears offence...game over already~?
By:
d13phe
When: 09 Dec 12 17:27
i never trust the vikes to see it out

taken my profit there
By:
HARRY22
When: 09 Dec 12 17:28
bad miss rivers..gates open....tampa should thrash the eagles today
Page 1 of 19  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 19 | Next
sort by:
Show