Forums

North American

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
01 Jul 12 05:23
| Topic/replies: 4,661 | Blogger: Back High Lay Low's blog
They're so close they can smell it

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8117305/baltimore-orioles-acquire-philadelphia-phillies-slugger-jim-thome
Pause Switch to Standard View Thome to Baltimore
Show More
Report orioles July 1, 2012 10:45 AM BST
I know what you're thinking, "the O's are a shoo in for the WS", but be careful, I reckon we need another strong arm in the rotation.

But I smell dynasty ... and leather, lube and donkey sweat.
Report Back High Lay Low July 3, 2012 6:00 AM BST
He's on the board with a hit and a walk tonight. Not enough to get the O's over the line though.
Report Back High Lay Low August 11, 2012 2:52 AM BST
Jim might be suffering from 7 different incurable ailments but who needs him when they've got this guy.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120810&content_id=36461806&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Machado follows first HR with another, to same fan. Rookie is youngest Orioles player in history with multihomer game.

BALTIMORE -- Manny Machado held up the ball from Thursday night's triple -- his first career Major League hit -- and grinned as he remarked he was hanging on to the keepsake forever.

The way this is going, Machado might want to rent out some extra locker space. The Orioles rookie connected for his first Major League home run in the fifth inning on Friday night against the Royals, then went deep again the following frame, hitting a three-run shot to chase Royals starter Luke Hochevar from the game.

The pair of homers -- which invoked chants of "Manny" from 17,277 at Camden Yards -- culminated with a standing ovation and an eruption of cheering as the young Machado came out for a quick curtain call during just his second Major League game. At 20 years and 35 days old, Machado is the youngest Orioles player to post a multihomer game, smashing the previous record set by Boog Powell, who was 20 years and 258 days old when he hit a pair of homers on May 2, 1962.
Report orioles August 11, 2012 10:50 AM BST
I'm really surprised we brought him up. Last time I spoke with Buck, he was reluctant to even consider promoting Manny.

Still, it'll warm the lad up nicely for our post-season campaign.
Report Wilkesy August 11, 2012 3:27 PM BST
Now all they need to do is bring up Bundy 2 years early and the Os are money!
Report orioles August 11, 2012 3:35 PM BST
'Stash to cash' G Cool
Report Back High Lay Low September 7, 2012 12:37 AM BST
1st inning onslaught tonight, the place is rocking
Report Back High Lay Low September 7, 2012 3:34 AM BST
That was quite a game
Report Back High Lay Low September 19, 2012 11:22 PM BST
Orioles recalled RHP Dylan Bundy from Double-A Bowie.
Report Back High Lay Low September 27, 2012 2:59 AM BST
He's still got it!
Report Back High Lay Low October 12, 2012 5:11 AM BST
Game 5 coming up in the Bronx
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com